BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/27/2001 9:02:13 AM EDT
[url]http://newsmax.com/showinsidecover.shtml?a=2001/6/26/223217[/url]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:18:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I will buy a small carry pistol, just what they want to ban...

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1651777&a=12701851&p=49569546[/img]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:20:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Ironic.
Here we were a few weeks ago discussing this very topic, and preaching wildly about how we should make July 9th "Buy a Gun Day" to offset the small-arms destruction.

Me thinks somebody here 'pulled a string' somewhere? Who Knows. I like the idea though, it has an air of...Eee-vilness.

Evil Jewbroni~
[img]www.auburn.edu/~littlcb/E-vil.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:39:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm in.Already have one picked out,I'll just wait till the 9th.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:41:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I started pushing that idea about 2 weeks ago, calling it a National Gun Purchasing Day.  It was not just to purchase a firearm on that day but for dealers to offer incentives to people to help encourage them to make a purchase.  At that time I also sent an email to every firearm manufacture that I could get an email address for and asked them if they would put on some sort of promotion for that day.  None of them responded to me but maybe it help spread the word.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:41:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll wait til the 9th to pick up my RPK!

[uzi]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought every payday was "buy a gun day".  I guess I can hold off until the 9th.  

[8P]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 11:20:06 AM EDT
[#7]
[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/usa.gif[/img]

Remember This Is The Real Reason Why We Can & Should.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 12:05:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Please gentlemen, your hard earned dollars would be better utilized if sent to the United Nations. We are currently accepting donations to combat the scourge of H.I.V./A.I.D.S.

H.I.V./A.I.D.S. is one of the most deadly killers in world history. But not as deadly as small arms and light weapons.

For further facts, please visit the United Nations or see www.un.org and view the video entitled "Armed To The Teeth".

Also, for further on this subject, you may be interested in the upcoming conference starting on July 9th in our New York location.

Any funds that you spend purchasing a weapon of mass destruction should weigh heavily upon your conscience. I pray that God have mercy on your souls.

Do it for the children!

Thank you.

Link Posted: 6/27/2001 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Even if it is only a M-44, I am there. I hope the FBI background check people are ready for a long day. Or better yet, millions of private sales.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 12:10:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Kofi Annan - bite me.

I'm going to buy another Para Ordnance - this time a 1445 Limited. Nothing like a nice little international transaction to celebrate the day with. Actually, I'll order it that day. Still counts though...
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 1:13:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm sorry Kofi Annan that every country in this world isn't as free as us.  But WE paid for our freedom with blood, sweat, and tears.  The free people of this country don't have to answer to anyone.  My grandfather saw the flag go up on Mt. Suribachi.  Was yours there too?

Semper Fi!

Smalls
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 1:15:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh BTW I'm in for gun day.  I'll buy a 10/22 for my girlfriend.

Semper Fidelis

Smalls
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 2:13:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey Carlosg nice poster. I liked it so much I have made it my current wallpaper. I think I will use it for inspiration for putting a new HK USP on layaway on the 9th of July.

No Slack!
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 2:18:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 2:20:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Someone needs to remember to start a thread for everyone to show off their July 9th purchase! Or, at least describe it for those of us with out a digital camera.
guns762
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 2:22:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Kofi Annan:
Please gentlemen, your hard earned dollars would be better utilized if sent to the United Nations. We are currently accepting donations to combat the scourge of H.I.V./A.I.D.S.

H.I.V./A.I.D.S. is one of the most deadly killers in world history. But not as deadly as small arms and light weapons.

For further facts, please visit the United Nations or see www.un.org and view the video entitled "Armed To The Teeth".

Also, for further on this subject, you may be interested in the upcoming conference starting on July 9th in our New York location.

Any funds that you spend purchasing a weapon of mass destruction should weigh heavily upon your conscience. I pray that God have mercy on your souls.

Do it for the children!

Thank you.

View Quote

Don't you have some conference on "blood diamonds" to attend or something like that?
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 3:22:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I intended to respond with a post about how I just bought another AR and couldn't afford another by the 9th, but Fallschirmjaegar made me think it over again...  You can still find a M-44 for under fourty bucks or so can't ya?

Here's to shoppin' around!

(Whether I find one or not, I still plan on a range day with the BBQ grill and some fireworks!)
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 3:53:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Don't you have some conference on "blood diamonds" to attend or something like that?
View Quote

Actually, my current focus at this time is my reappointment as Secretary General Of The United Nations. If I am successful, then a representative of the continent of Africa will have held this seat for fifteen consecutive years!

Besides, I am never too busy to spread our message of peace and unity to you, my brothers. You, who worship at the altar of destruction that is small arms. If I can alter the course of one of you lost souls, then it is worth every second of my time.

Those who resist change will be dealt with.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 4:39:17 PM EDT
[#21]
If I can alter the course of one of you lost souls, then it is worth every second of my time.

Thank you.
View Quote

I don't think we are the ones that are lost. After all, none of my firearms has never harmed anyone, hence they are not "implemants of destruction".

As you have clearly seen and believe that we live in a violent world then you must also clearly see then need for people to protect themselves.  Firearms allows this, not by using them but by the mere presence of them.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 4:42:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Kofi Annan = TROLL
Possibly from this very board.
HHhhmmmm

[;)]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 4:49:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Kofi Annan = TROLL
Possibly from this very board.
HHhhmmmm

[;)]
View Quote

I suppose you could consider this a troll. I prefer to think of it as a thought provoking post. In my past experiences here, I have found that the moderators are quite intolerant of trolls and those who participate in trolling, and deal with said individuals quickly and firmly.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 4:54:18 PM EDT
[#24]
There are many kinds of trolls. Some are just one of us having fun trying to get the board all antsy. Or are trying to promote an idea or prove a point. Ever heard of Gecko45? Others are the enemy, in various forms.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#25]
I can't believe that anybody replies back to posts such as those by "Kofi Annon" as if this is actually somebody who is posting here who hates guns.

Do you people have no sense of humor or understand sarcasm? Come on people.

That being said, I will be buying a gun on that day one way or the other. I just haven't decided as to whether or not it'll be private sale or not. I've got a couple of guns I'm looking at.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

As you have clearly seen and believe that we live in a violent world then you must also clearly see then need for people to protect themselves.  Firearms allows this, not by using them but by the mere presence of them.

sgtar15
View Quote

Small arms and light weapons have killed many millions of men, women and children throughout the world. Women have been widowed, children have been orphaned. And thousands of children have been forced to fight as child warriors in armed conflicts around the world.

I, as Secretary General Of The United Nations, have classified small arms and light weapons as weapons of mass destruction.

The continued proliferation of small arms around the world is seen as a threat to peace and unity.

While we at the United Nations understand the need for guns in private hands while settling a wilderness, we cannot understand the need in a modern, civilized society.

The United States is settled! There is very little wilderness, there are no more restless indiginous peoples to suppress!

Weapons in private hands are unneccessary in the United States.

We cannot require a third world country to disarm their citizenry and not request it from the United States. There can be no double standard. We must all agree, on a global basis, to ban these weapons of mass destruction.

I urge you all to go to www.un.org and view the video entitled "Armed To The Teeth".

Do it for the children.

And as to safety, the United Nations security forces are comprised of armed forces from around the world. An international army.

We will protect you.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually, my current focus at this time is my reappointment as Secretary General Of The United Nations. If I am successful, then a representative of the continent of Africa will have held this seat for fifteen consecutive years!

Besides, I am never too busy to spread our message of peace and unity to you, my brothers. You, who worship at the altar of destruction that is small arms. If I can alter the course of one of you lost souls, then it is worth every second of my time.

Thank you.
View Quote

You claim you spread the message of peace an unity?

But yet you claim that "Those who resist change will be dealt with"?

You, my friend, are a hypocrite!!!

Link Posted: 6/27/2001 6:04:49 PM EDT
[#28]
At least someone is reading what is written.

Maybe there is hope for America after all!

Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 6:15:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Do it for the children!

Thank you.

View Quote

Mmmm... Solution to help stop Aids: Stop packing fudge and eating tube steak.
Sorry, My money is going toward another "deadly small arm or light weapon." Have a nice day.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 6:19:57 PM EDT
[#30]
If I get another one before wifey gets the living room set, I'll be in the dog house for sure. I'll just promise her something,HeHE
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 6:37:59 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm getting my 7 year old daughter her first gun, a youth model .22 rifle.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Hey Kofi:
People kill people for political, economical, or racial reasons; they use firearms as tools to achieve a desired goal. If they don't have guns, they will use machetes, spears, arrows or just stones. You have no clue of what you are talking about; my guns are all to enforce, and fight for freedom. Small or short minds won't see beyond their noses. Concentrate on finding a cure for AIDS the real killer of African People. You are out of your league here.

My only regret is that I can only afford one gun, but more are coming…

Carlos
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 6:57:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Thinking of getting a match 10/22 with fluting.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 7:15:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Hey Kofi:
People kill people for political, economical, or racial reasons; they use firearms as tools to achieve a desired goal. If they don't have guns, they will use machetes, spears, arrows or just stones. You have no clue of what you are talking about; my guns are all to enforce, and fight for freedom. Small or short minds won't see beyond their noses. Concentrate on finding a cure for AIDS the real killer of African People. You are out of your league here.

My only regret is that I can only afford one gun, but more are coming…

Carlos
View Quote

Yes, it is true that human nature will always remain the same. People are naturally aggressive. But the ability to kill from a distance has desensitized many to the horror of killing. And it has put the ability to take life into the hands of all. I am from Ghana, I am very familiar with death and destruction on a massive scale. As the Head of The United Nations  Security Council, I saw the devastating results of many conflicts throughout the world.

I am sickened that a small group of fanatics in one of the leading nations in the world can hold that entire nation back from a leadership stance on this issue.

All weapons of mass destruction must be disposed of in an appropriate manner.

Commerce in said weapons must be stopped on a global basis.

We are doing it for the children.

And as to H.I.V./A.I.D.S. prevention/eradication, we at the United Nations are striving to bring our message to the whole world. Africa has the highest rate of H.I.V./A.I.D.S. in the world, followed closely by the Caribbean region.

Donations are being accepted by the United Nations to combat this killer.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:06:23 PM EDT
[#35]
If Kofi is a joke.  Then I swallowed hook line and sinker.

Smalls
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:19:35 PM EDT
[#36]
kofi, you crack me up.  i haven't laughed this hard in weeks.

aids-nature's way of flushing out the gene pool?
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#37]
gun a payday works for me, Guess I cna wai till the 9th, what is a good longarms I can get for $200.00 or less
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:39:48 PM EDT
[#38]
I was wrong this isn't a troll....

Judging by the intelligence level of the craftsman, I think I know who it is! He's the best! He has experience!

I'll shut up and enjoy now....

pardon my spellin - I had a few beers earlier..
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 10:58:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 11:04:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 11:27:11 PM EDT
[#41]
July 9th is my 19th anniversary. I don't think the Haus Frau will understand that I couldn't afford flowers and a box of chocolates, but could find the money for a Kimber Gold Match 45!! I got 2 words to say to her. They rhyme with SUCKER!! Ain't life grand, or pretty close to that price?
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 11:43:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Kofi ain't me.

But I would like to see if I can get a job at the UN seeing how you damned failed dot com goatee heads played a part in making me unemployed. Also, american womenz are stinking mean to me.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 11:59:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
Kofi ain't me.

View Quote

He is, however, me.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 6:05:22 AM EDT
[#44]
now lets see, i have the new Bushmaster catalogue. the XM15 E2S shorty 16 inch barrel carbine looks really nice. now if my local shop has it jusl 9th would be a good time to do my part. i'll just tell the wife that my toys 'multiplied' in the safe last night and look at what they had!!!
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:15:20 AM EDT
[#45]
I am planning to buy my first FAL type rifle.... yummy!
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:41:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
July 9th is my 19th anniversary. I don't think the Haus Frau will understand that I couldn't afford flowers and a box of chocolates, but could find the money for a Kimber Gold Match 45!! I got 2 words to say to her. They rhyme with SUCKER!! Ain't life grand, or pretty close to that price?
View Quote

Life is Grand.  But if you can't shell out the money for a nice, expensive firearm, then my vote is to say "Life is Garand".  Only takes a few hundred bucks to make it that way.

By the way, I can't put out any money for a gun, but I'll be sure to have some major DCM parts come in for my AR.  If a criminal invades my home, I'd rather have a good 2-stage trigger anyway..."for the children", right?

[img]www.auburn.edu/~littlcb/E-vil2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 4:05:52 AM EDT
[#47]
If Kofi is a joke. Then I swallowed hook line and sinker.

Smalls
View Quote

Yeah, but you're new here, you'll catch on. Nothing is quite what it seems here.  Living surrounded by the Dutch has probably just inhibited your "through the looking glass" reflex; it'll come back.

tar agus glac iad
Celt
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:33:40 AM EDT
[#48]
So many guns, so little money.[}:(][}:(]
Maybe a Daisy Red Rider, does that count.[?][?]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:48:18 AM EDT
[#49]
CRAP  I gonna be going to Alaska on the 8th and I cant buy a GUN CRAP. O well I just buy one on the 7th.  Though I dont know if i will have the cash.  Hmmm maybe I just make it later.  Or I could order a new Bushmaster on the 7th.  It wont get here for a few weeks and then I could pay the rest.

This requires more thought.
[sniper]

As for Kofi Annan.  The UN SUCKS the BIG ONE.  Anyone who tries to take away the rigts my relatives fought and died for and the rights I wouldfight and die for they gonna have a problem.  UN stay off my turff.  You have some good ideas but I dont wanna be part of a world government.  Lets fase it I dont want some Abbacadu Kadofi telling me what I can and can't do.  So in the humble American way BITE ME!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:53:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Kofi is somewhat of a retard.  Still can't link his org. properly.  Good sign or regressive tendencies.

[url]www.lewrockwell.com/e-cobb/e-cobb8.html[/url]

I found this story here.  Do they make derringers in 44 mag?  Probably now have a good reason to buy a Glock .40 sub-compact to round out the collection.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top