User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 8:03:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Kofi Annan:
Quoted:

As you have clearly seen and believe that we live in a violent world then you must also clearly see then need for people to protect themselves.  Firearms allows this, not by using them but by the mere presence of them.

sgtar15
View Quote

Small arms and light weapons have killed many millions of men, women and children throughout the world. Women have been widowed, children have been orphaned. And thousands of children have been forced to fight as child warriors in armed conflicts around the world.

I, as Secretary General Of The United Nations, have classified small arms and light weapons as weapons of mass destruction.

The continued proliferation of small arms around the world is seen as a threat to peace and unity.

While we at the United Nations understand the need for guns in private hands while settling a wilderness, we cannot understand the need in a modern, civilized society.

The United States is settled! There is very little wilderness, there are no more restless indiginous peoples to suppress!

Weapons in private hands are unneccessary in the United States.

We cannot require a third world country to disarm their citizenry and not request it from the United States. There can be no double standard. We must all agree, on a global basis, to ban these weapons of mass destruction.

I urge you all to go to www.un.org and view the video entitled "Armed To The Teeth".

Do it for the children.

And as to safety, the United Nations security forces are comprised of armed forces from around the world. An international army.

We will protect you.

Thank you.
View Quote

Kofi, bite me too.

UN forces couldn't fight its way out of wet paper bag without the Unites States so, BITE ME AGAIN. [moon]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 8:07:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Remember to have the dealer call in the background check on the 9th.Other wise it wont matter.It would make a nice article in the news .Increased firearm sales on 7/6,UN small arms destruction day.News at 10:00
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top