Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2001 8:48:55 AM EDT
I am new to this board . I am usally at HKPRO and Park Cities Tactical....I know you are the experts here on AR's , AK's Etc... So my questions are as follows..... I am pretty sure I am going to buy the VEPR .308 rifle for deer hunting and target etc. My only reservation is the mag that only holds 10 rounds..From a previuos post I understand that VEPR 10 rounds are it.... I was then concedering a clone FAL or HK-91..Because .308 and high capacity capabaliity... Any advise.....I cant spend over $550 so that is also a factor. The VEPR is on sale for $500 so that is good.. Any advise
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:08:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a Vepr 308.  It worked fine.  I didn't really care for the 10 round mags.  Accuracy with 147gr GI ammo was ok, but not as good as an AR15.  Mine hated 168gr match ammo making shotgun patterns.  The FAL/HK clones seem to vary a lot in quality.  A friend of mine went through 3 HK clones before he got one that worked out of the box.  I would much prefer a REAL FAL to the Vepr.  A clone?  I don't know.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:46:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Anyone ever work out a mag conversion on the Veper?
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 10:00:46 AM EDT
[#3]
fal info:
imbel metric receiver: $250
imbel metric fal kit: $250
assembly:  do it your self or spend $100 to $250 for others to do it.
20 rd mags: $8 to $15 each
american replacement parts?  up to you
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top