BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2001 12:30:11 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:21:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 10:22:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Be honest, you only bought the Tromix .50AE upper so you could do something with those USA 40-round mags, right?[bounce]

What kind of accuracy are you getting?

[sniper]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 12:35:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 12:44:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a chubby when my first shot at 50 yards with my 50AE Tomix Was nicely centered int he 1" bullseye.  The perfect half inch hole perfectly centered.  Life was beautiful that day.  Those .50AE holes look huge!

That is a great 250th post.

(and a good use for 40 round USA mags)
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 2:30:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I have to test all those SOB's here in the shop and I ALWAYS have a bruise on my shoulder.  It never goes away.....just varying grades of intensity day to day.

Shooting one full auto is simply a novelty that wears thin very quickly.  It literally scrambles your brain and will abraid the skin right off your shoulder.  You end up with road rash on top of the bruises.  It is all I can do to keep the barrel horizontal, but the shots go all over the place.

Link Posted: 6/27/2001 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I use A "Past" shoulder recoil pad when I shoot my 50AE. My shoulder is screwed up anyway so it helps A lot. Now I wouldn't use the Past if I was going to use the 50AE for hunting but off the bench it REALLY helps.
Pokey
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 4:08:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I am sitting here admiring my nice Bruise i got from firing my Tromix 50ae
View Quote

Oooooh, I am SOOOO jealous [>(] . . . a Tromix upper is next on my list....
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 5:39:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I imagine I could build some sort of recoil pad that would bolt up to the existing stock, but thats really not my business.  Maybe Kurt did one 25 years ago that he could share with us........his is probably the "best on the planet" anyway, and way over my head.

Personally, I think seeing a big-ass fireball erupt from the muzzle and ending up with a nasty looking shoulder bruise, simply puts some "invigoration" in an otherwise mundane shooting session.  Maybe I'm just a cocky bastard (can never out-do Kurt) but it's certainly entertaining to have the most obnoxious gun at the range.......

Link Posted: 6/27/2001 7:37:14 PM EDT
[#10]
PAST is the name of A recoil shield. They make several types. I use the "magnum plus" which can be used as A ambidextrous type of recoil shield. I use it for more than my Tromix 50AE. I just shot in my clubs "old soldiers" shoot. This is open to any bolt action rifle used by any country as A service weapon. They can not be modified in any way. After 50 plus rounds of .30 06 recoiling into your shoulder your glad to have that PAST recoil shield on. A fair number of competitors were complaining about the recoil after 30 rounds or so.
To take A look at A PAST recoil pad go to midwayusa.com and put in "PAST recoil" in the search engine. You will find pictures and info about them.
Pokey
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#11]
[url]http://www.pastshooting.com/[/url]

I use the magnum plus when patterning turkey guns.

Dave S
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:27:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:32:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top