Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2001 9:11:45 PM EDT
Hi I was just wondering if any of you from Wyoming could tell me if roman candles, aerial shells, firecrackers, and bottle rockets are still legal up there.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 9:16:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi,
I usually make a run up there every year. I will probably do it next week. I like Phantom Fireworks, good deals.
They have bunches of fun stuff for Coloradoans.
I don't think the Roman Candles are as powerful as they used to be.
I normally buy a case of the aerial shells and one of the novelty packs to give the kids something to do.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 2:29:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks
Where is Phantom Fireworks?
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 3:13:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, they still sell just about everything legally available in the US.  As to whether it is legal to shoot them off, that depends on where you're going to do it....
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 3:35:17 PM EDT
[#4]
every time I stop up there my boy hood fantasies come back and its hard not to stop and get some. the prices are cheaper than what I paid 35 years ago when I was a kid in the republic of ca.
only wish they would sell the big bang m80 ,m100, or m1000 instead of those phoney one they have. the two for one sales get pretty good sometimes got a couple of big boxes of the stuff in the basement. kind of afraid to light them off. but plan on buying some more next time threw.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 4:12:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Just because the big stuff isn't available doesn't mean you can't have fun with the little stuff.  It just takes a LOT of little stuff.  For example, take your basic gross of bottle rockets.  When you were a kid, you'd hoard your precious lot of rockets and start by shooting them off one at a time.  Soon you'd get bored and start launching two, four, then six at once (if you could tie the wicks together).  Now that you're all big boys with bigger budgets, get several gross.  Then get a coffee can and some Coleman lantern fluid.  You can probably get an entire gross into the coffee can!  Add the Coleman, a match, and it's D-Day.

P.S.  This information is provided purely for entertainment purposes only.  I can neither confirm nor deny that such a thing has ever occurred or that I was ever a delinquent.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Here in the PRK, firecrackers and bottle rockets are a felony.  They don't even sell real sparklers here any more.  (They have a pathetic substitute call "morning glory").  Snakes are outlawed because some kid might eat one.  

This year, they are pushing for a mandatory 5 days jail time for anybody caught even possesing "illegal" fireworks.  I got rid of all my stuff 2 years ago, and it was pretty painful.  I had a nice stash of rockets, torpedos, M250, buzz bombs, roman candles, etc.  The so called fireworks that are legal, are a pathetic waste of money.  A $10 fountain lasts about 5 seconds and is only a few feet high. You guys in semi-free America, cherish what you have. [:(]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 5:14:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Phantom is the first exit off I-25 once you cross the Wyoming border. Go east. There will be plenty of signs.
There are a couple other fireworks warehouses there and I suspect they keep each other honest.

You may also want to go to their website,
www.phantomfireworks.com, to print some coupons.
You start spending over $100, and they throw in tons of free stuff.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 6:37:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Instead of going to the ones right off I-25. When you take that first exit(CollegeDrive) follow it a couple more miles and you hit a couple more stands. Same selection less crowds. Trust me on this one I grew up in Cheyenne.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top