Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2001 12:23:01 PM EDT
There is a quote which goes "If there is not a conspiracy, why is there not one. For it is the surest way to achieve an end."  I suggest that many of you have been propagandized into being shy of the word "conspiracy" and taught by the propagandists to discount any conspiracy theories because of course they are only the imagination of "nut cases".  

Use your common sense.  Do you not feel your rights being drained away. Maybe it is just an agenda of certain politicos.....but then maybe if you would take the time to study for instance, the Council of Foreign Relations, which occupies the Pratt House in New York City, and from whose membership, virtually every president, vice-president and cabinet member have come since the 1940's, you would at least become suspicious.  Doesn't it at least make you wonder who is pulling the strings.  I suggest you not fall for all the disinformation.  It is put forth in many instances by the very conspirators themselves in order to make those with conspiracy theories look stupid.  These are old propaganda techniques.

Those of you who are quick to discount the "Flight 800" missile theories, probably have not taken a close look at the evidence.  For instance, a National Guard helicopter pilot and many, many others who saw the missle track the plane and on and on.....

There are bad guys out there.  It is not pleasant to think so as it disturbs our comfortable existences but "the price of freedom is eternal vigilance". Ever wonder why someone said that.  Patrick Henry also said to the effect that he would know the truth, however bad it was, so that he might be prepared. He was, I suggest, a very wise man.
Don't be so quick to judge things before you have investigated the facts.

Paspecops, I appreciate your insight.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:27:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I realize that Ft. 800 could have been shot down, but why? How does it serve anyone's interest to shoot down a plane unless for recognition?

radioman
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:30:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I do use common sense.  Some theories have merit, many don't.  Not everything is a conspiracy as some advocate.

As for the Flight 800 incident, the 'evidence' is based on what you want to believe.  Why would there be a coverup of this?  As was stated in that thread, it would be very convenient for the Clinton administration to have used that as a 'terrorist' attack, whether it was or not.  To say it was an accident would not suit their agenda if it was actually an attack of any kind.

Yes, there are bad guys out there, but not behind every freaking bush (no pun intended).
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, I see what you saying it's really simple.

1) A missile was fired from a USN ship. The missile had enough force to destroy a civilian airplane several hundred times larger than most military fighters, and it did so pretty much instantly after the hit. If missiles are that powerful why do military jets have ejection seats?

2) A USN ship fired a missile at an airliner and didn't do anything to warn the airlaner or destroy the missile.

3) No one on the USN ship that fired the missile has ever told anyone that their ship fired a missile, not a wife, girlfriend, a friend, or another sailor.

4) No on at the Pentagon has blabbed about the report of firing a missile on the day Fl 800 went down. Never mind about the cost of the missile or any reports that indicated a missile was fired. Not one person that has seen a report, heard radio traffic from the USN ship, or anyone that wondered about an unscheduled resupply of a missile.

5) No USN dock workers or supply people wondered why a USN ship needed a live missile replace or why a USN ship had burns on it consistent with a missile firing.

Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:44:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Coverups:
OKC Bombing
Flight 800-(Why? I don't know. But start by reading the books or watch the tape.  Just because someone is selling the tape, does not mean it is not valid)
Death of Vince Foster
Travelgate
Waco
SuddendDeath of Waco FLIR investigator
Ruby Ridge
Death of Ron Brown
Murder of Clinton bodyguard in Little Rock
Mena Drug deals
Money laundering thru Arkansas Development Corp
FBI Crime lab/Whitehurst corruption expose
Loral missile technology to China
Super Computer sales to China
Theft of nuclear secrets from Los Alamos
Missing hard drives/Los Alamos
Gore fundraiser/Buddhist Temple
Ad Infinitum....

After you have truly looked into enough of these, you will begin to see a pattern.  I agree that not all is conspiracy, but it is just as wrong to discount all conspiracy theorists as "nut cases" as it is to believe all the theories. I just ask for people to be open minded to what is going on around us.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:49:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Just because you're a kook, doesn't mean there isn't a conspiracy. [%|]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 2:58:57 PM EDT
[#6]
And the old JFK assasination.
And that Oswald was a complete "Unknown"
until they just happened to RECENTLY stumble across
50 or so large boxes of papers covering his days as a spook. And his day's working for the FBI.

Thanks for Your insight LT.

Del
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 3:17:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Wait... No more replies I have to get my tin foil hat on first.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 3:51:56 PM EDT
[#8]
To paraphrase FDR, "Nothing in politics happens by chance." To believe that there are no conspiracies is naive. For sure there is no way to tell what is or is not a conspiracy, but are we better served to take the word of a government disinformation spokesperson?

edited because spell check didn't work.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I will only speak to the 'JFK" killing.  This
was not the wildly popular president portrayed
today. Not popular with and detested by conservatives and those in the military
with Kennedy/McNamara at the helm.  
At the end of the election Chicago didn't
report the vote until the next afternoon. They
had to know how many down-state votes had to
be off-set to give Illinois to Kennedy.  The
Mayor and the Chicago mob did their duty for
the "old man," Joe Kennedy and delivered Chicago
and therefore Illinois and the presidency to
the democrats and Jack Kennedy.
Jack brought in his "snot-nosed" little brother
Bobby as Attorney General and Bobby promptly
attacked the mob.  What favors the mob owed
Joe Kennedy and/or what promises he had to
make for Illinois had to be "large."
The old mob family heads were very patriotic
and in their way, "men-of-honor." (The Kennedys
were not so burdened !) To the mob betrayal was
betrayal and would/could not be tolerated.
Let's also remember that Jack Kennedy had
betrayed the exiled Cubans causing many needless
deaths and worse - many exiles were captured and
imprisoned - leaving them to the "tender mercies" of Fidel for an extended period.  

In the interest of time and space I'll get to it.
The Florida and New Orleans guys ordered the hit.  I think we can all agree the shooters
don't really matter but they were either
Corsican, Cuban or both.  Also doesn't matter
because they didn't see many sun rises afterward.
Elements of the CIA, Secret Service and FBI
were certainly involved but not the institutions
themselves as has been too often reported.
The real "conspiracy" began when Johnson took
over as president and ordered the Warren Commission to reach the conclusion they
reached - the "lone gunman," Oswald.
Oswald was just what he said he was "patsy."

The real keeper-of-the-secrets is Gerald Ford.
When Mr. Ford passes on most of the real secrets
will go with him.

Link Posted: 6/26/2001 5:45:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Bureaucracies lead to trouble, goof-ups, cover-ups and lies.  They always have, AND it's going to get worse.  Cover-ups and bureaucratic deceptions are rampant in this country and others.
HOWEVER, to insinuate that many said named "cover-ups" are part of a larger "conspiracy" is fantasy.
It's fun (and very "X Files") to think that the same people who shot JFK also shot RFK and MLK, but it's not so.
I don't doubt many of these individually suggested things have happened/are happening(except, perhaps the UN detention camps on US soil).
To connect all of these things is neat and easy, very satisfying, almost comforting, BUT...
...it will only distract you from what's REALLY going on.

Link Posted: 6/26/2001 6:10:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I would have to agree mostly with the good Major. I think MOST 'conspiracies' are a CYA issue, AFTER the fact.

Kennedy? LOTS of enemies...

Klinton? REAL scumbag....

Enemies AND scumbags have 'circumstances' sometimes.... Other times 'Incidents' happen....coverups are inevitable...

Flight 800? to say it was purposeful is a BROAD leap. Were 'they' after someone? Reality says 99% accident of SOME kind....

Gotta go, there is a van across the street...time for counter-counter-anti-intelpro-op...

Plausable Deniability...Deny EVERYTHING...Make counter accusations...
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 7:39:50 PM EDT
[#12]
A life . . . go get one.  

Also, while you're out there, look up the word "hyperbole".

PS:  Your in Hawaii?  WTF?  Shouldn't you be out poking fish, ripping (south shore this time of year) your local break, eating spam musubi and joking the JOJs rather than stressing over silly mental circle jerks?
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 7:51:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Let me help set your mind at ease, nothing out of the ordinary is going on.  As for good ol' Vince well, may he rest in peace. [smoke]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 10:03:44 PM EDT
[#15]
DK-Prof

"I officially mock you"  that is great ROTFLMAO.

You mentioned, in a previous post, a book that attempts to explain why people do what they do and believe what they believe.  What was the title of the book?
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 10:26:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I defiantly believe in some conspiracy theories:

JFK Assassination. A coup of some kind, I have know doubt. I will always believe in some sort of cover up until all the documents pertaining to the case are released.(Fat chance).

As to Flight 800: I still don't believe a Navy missile shot it down. How could you keep all of those sailors quiet? There had to be a least a few pissed off sailors on board that would spill the beans. Or did they execute them all-give them a burial at sea? Please.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 10:46:45 AM EDT
[#17]
ok, i have a question since i'm not as bright as everyone else....lee harvey was just the fall guy and someone else or there were others that got JFK. will we ever know the full truth, i have no idea. i do remember reading that Jackie wrote/documented her feelings not to be opened for 50 years.

so, my question is, Slick Willie was one of this country's most corrupt people ever and for what he has done to both this country and ladys he knew nothing has happened to him? he has gotten away with it all. to top it off, his wife was elected to the senate! seems as tho his luck is never ending! WHY?

if my luch was that good i'd be promoted a few more times, be given the opportunity to 'play' with the latest computer toys and languages and be a lot beter off!
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 1:12:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 2:25:00 PM EDT
[#19]

All I know is that I saw (on TV news )
Mel Gibson leaving the Texas Schoolbook
Depository , carrying a duffle bag.
[rolleyes]

Course after the Abduction my memory got
a little fuzzy  [:P]

Link Posted: 6/27/2001 2:36:19 PM EDT
[#20]
i don't know about ANY conspiracies.  However what i do know historically that any politician that presides over any controversial 'panel' or 'board' that monitors such preceedings and then gives the thumbs up that all is ok - is eventually given a high office in government.  the more controversial the subject - the higher the reward, or so it seems.

maybe it is so, because they work hard and are good civil servants.  maybe they lied to the american public and in return for their dishonesty they are rewarded with perks.  i don't know.

steve
"professional village idiot, and proud"
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 2:50:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey Steve in VA....you're the one that needs the tin foil hat.  I am an Alaskan with little real love for Hawaii. I know a little about Virginia, about certain events which occurred in Williamsburg around 1775-76.  It might do you some good to research some of your history.

I also fought in Vietnam and son, I've seen a little tyranny.  If you want that for your family, fine.  Here's your box car ticket to Dachau. Try reading "The Planned Destruction of America"  or at least just stay in condition "yellow. You are probably a Federal employee....let's see Virginia, Alexandria, DC.
I personally think you are rather impolite and incapable of a serious consideration of facts which might disturb your condition "white".
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:00:58 PM EDT
[#22]
The basic problems with most conspiracy theories are that the theorists can't decide what conspiracy is the real one out of the dozen or so they usually present as what really happened, and that the conspiracy theory advocated usually makes even less sense than the incident they are "explaining."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top