Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2001 8:23:24 PM EDT
I have a relative who is on a big city SWAT team. They say he does raids every week. I will see him soon at a family gathering. What should I say to this Godless asshole? Anyone have any snappy remarks that could possibly wake him up? Or maybe some appeals to whatever decency he has left?
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 8:27:22 PM EDT
[#1]
That I suppose, would depend on how these "raids" are done.

Aviator [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Ahem...

Well, If I was you, I would keep my mouth shut, but heres a few...

"Raid any houses this month, where it happened to be the wrong address?"

"point your gun at any six year olds lately?"

"blow away any poodles lately?"

will think of more....[:D]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 8:30:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have a relative who is on a big city SWAT team. They say he does raids every week. I will see him soon at a family gathering. What should I say to this Godless asshole? Anyone have any snappy remarks that could possibly wake him up? Or maybe some appeals to whatever decency he has left?
View Quote

I would buy him a book on how the Nazi's treated Jews...or buy him the Gulag Archipelago by Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Other good books: The Black Book of Communism by Courtois, Weth, Panne, Paczkowski, Bartosek, Margolin.

Or the Rape of Nanking by Iris Chang.

Or if you think that is a bit too "heavy" for him...Unintended Consequences by John Ross.

If he takes the time to actually read such books..he will gradually change his perspective.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 8:44:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 8:47:17 PM EDT
[#5]
So what? He makes a living doing something dangerous-something I doubt you have the self-discipline, stamina or fortitude to do. Sounds like jealousy to me.

What "evil" things has his agency's SWAT team done?  Post some details. We are waiting.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 8:51:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#7]
If he's doing drug raids, he's the MAN! fuck the drug dealers, hell they use more illegal guns and fuck thiungs up for us more than anything.  Some of the raids in N GA involve meth labs that are explosive as hell, not the best operating enviorment.  I would say theres no reason to fuck with him.  What has he done wrong to bring out these feelings? and excuse my niaveity but what is a JBT?
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 8:55:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Why do you assume he is godless?
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Highland

JBT = Jack Booted Thug / Nazi
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:31:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:36:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I think you should start by calling him a "godless asshole" to his face. If he doesn't give you the beating you deserve then continue to insult him until he does.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:41:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:41:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:41:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Unless, of course, he is a "Godless Asshole". then by all means, wail away.  [;)]

Aviator [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:42:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If he's doing drug raids, he's the MAN! fuck the drug dealers, hell they use more illegal guns and fuck thiungs up for us more than anything.  Some of the raids in N GA involve meth labs that are explosive as hell, not the best operating enviorment.  I would say theres no reason to fuck with him.  What has he done wrong to bring out these feelings? and excuse my niaveity but what is a JBT?
View Quote

1.3% of the population consume illegal drugs both before and after the "war on drugs" legalizing poison and ending the prohibition will reduce violent crime as did ending the prohibition of alcohol. we wast billion of dollars and threaten our fouth amendment rights thanks to our "war". i say let'em OD and take the celestial dirtnap. it's already a crime to steal and murder your fellow citizen. if the people living in cities could keep a .357 to defend their live and property, then the druggies would'nt be so cocky.

I would ask the JBT if he would let me shoot his MP5 [uzi]

Anti-prohibition lib
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:46:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Jack Booted Thug

Gestapo-like cops

Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:48:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Originally Posted By uncle buck:
I think you should start by calling him a "godless asshole" to his face. If he doesn't give you the beating you deserve then continue to insult him until he does.
View Quote

Damn UB,
You must be in a good mood--that's the nicest thing you've ever said to anyone here.  LOL

Kidding, just kidding.  [:D]
View Quote

I'm trying to stay away from these kinds of topics but I just couldn't stop myself.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 6:39:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for the suggestions guys! Libertarian, thanks! You are RIGHT ON BRO!
The rest of you.. SWAT teams violate the 4th Amendment. Just think of this. Someone busts into your house at 4 in the morning threatening you. Don't you have the right to defend yourself? Or do you have no right to life? Good for you! Busting into my house uninvited gives me the right to defend myself and my loved ones with deadly force. I will do whatever it takes to defend my loved ones!

Yes, he is Godless because he has no religion and an asshole because he violates the 4th and basic gun safety rules: Never Point A Gun At Something You're Not Prepared To Destroy! Or are cops somehow exempt from safe gun handling?

Natez - You must be a JBT too. They seem to think that they have a monopoly on bravery. All I've ever seen is that they only act when they have EVERY possible advantage. Like holding an AR on a guy with a pellet gun and calling for backup. Bravery? HAH! You are ridiculous!

Edited so as not to offend delicate sensibilities.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 6:53:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 7:03:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Thanks for the suggestions guys! Libertarian, thanks! You are RIGHT ON BRO!
The rest of you.. SWAT teams violate the 4th Amendment. Just think of this. Someone busts into your house at 4 in the morning threatening you. Don't you have the right to defend yourself? Or do you have no right to life? Good for you! Busting into my house uninvited gives me the right to defend myself and my loved ones with deadly force. I will do whatever it takes to defend my loved ones!

Yes, he is Godless because he has no religion and an asshole because he violates the 4th and basic gun safety rules: Never Point A Gun At Something You're Not Prepared To Destroy! Or are cops somehow exempt from safe gun handling?

Natez - You must be a JBT too. They seem to think that they have a monopoly on bravery. All I've ever seen is that they only act when they have EVERY possible advantage. Like holding an AR on a guy with a pellet gun and calling for backup. Bravery? HAH! You are ridiculous!

Edited so as not to offend delicate sensibilities.
View Quote

You obviously have no clue.  Maybe if you would post rational rather than emotional questions it would help.

-SARguy
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 7:11:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Huh SAR? What's emotional about violating Gun safety? Point a gun at another human being. Seems pretty objective to me.
OK, of course a Statist Pig wouldn't agree with me on the 4th Amendment stuff. Is that what you mean by emotional?
Or is it the fact that I believe people have the right to defend their lives? Do you really believe that a Gov't official can just kill you without due process? If so, you really are depraved. Hey Wake up! This isn't Vietnam and you aren't on a military operation!
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 7:47:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 7:48:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 8:05:29 AM EDT
[#24]
[b]SWAT teams violate the 4th Amendment. Just think of this. Someone busts into your house at 4 in the morning threatening you. Don't you have the right to defend yourself? Or do you have no right to life? [/b]

I think you are missing something here. SWAT teams enter buildings under two general sets of conditions:
1) When serving a search and/or arrest warrant. The 4th Amendment specifically states that that searches will not be conducted without a warrant, issued upon probable cause. That also implies that a search can be conducted when a warrant is issued. So where is the unconstitutionality in that? Law Enforcement should use whatever legal measures are needed to serve these warrants with a minimal risk to the public, suspects and officers. Dynamic entry is often the only way to do this. Most search warrants are served by three or four officers and a detective or two who knock on the door, present a copy of the warrant, and conduct the search. When additional risk factors exist, dynamic entries are used. If agencies did not use these types of tactics when they were needed, it would put the public, suspects and officers at risk. It would also dramatically increase civil liability, if the agency knew they should use a SWAT team, but chose not to.

2) When exigent circumstances exist and there is good reason to believe that a person is at risk of imminent serious bodily injury or death (barricaded person, hostage rescue). Again, this does not violate 4th Amendment. What is wrong with rescuing hostages?

Link Posted: 6/26/2001 8:06:06 AM EDT
[#25]
[b]he violates the 4th and basic gun safety rules: Never Point A Gun At Something You're Not Prepared To Destroy! Or are cops somehow exempt from safe gun handling?[/b]

When dealing with a threat, the only place for your weapon is in your hands. A holstered/slung weapon is a useless weapon. That is why we also have "keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target (and you are going to fire)."

[b]All I've ever seen is that they only act when they have EVERY possible advantage. Like holding an AR on a guy with a pellet gun and calling for backup. Bravery? HAH! You are ridiculous![/b]

And what is wrong with having an over whelming advantage? "Fools rush in." It is far better for everyone involved, officers, suspects and innocent bystanders, to go in with a plan, a back-up plan and overwhelming advantage. The whole point of using tactical teams, which you seem to have missed, is to end high-risk situations, without harming anyone. Which is what happens almost all of the time. The only persons I have ever seen hurt on any of these operations were officers, and those were minor cut and bruise type injuries. When a suspect is injured, it is almost always a result of the SUSPECT'S actions. They make a decision to resist, and the officers respond with an appropriate level of force.

As far as bravery goes, how many armed criminals have you stopped in the last year? How many times have you put your life at risk to help others? Before you scoff at others, I would like to hear some tales of your selflessness and sacrifice.

[b]Natez - You must be a JBT too. [/b]

Let's see, I don't own or wear any jackboots (do my wife's riding boots count?). I usually wear High Techs because they are comfortable and you can get them pretty cheap. My neck wasn't thick enough to join the thug's union. I do not dress up in black (black BDUs tend to fluoresce under streetlights at night, and that is bad). I don't wear a face mask or balaclava (although I am ugly enough that might be a good idea). I have never gone in the wrong house. I have never stomped any kittens or hurt any animals (Okay, I have pepper-sprayed a dog that bit a little kid and wanted a piece of me, and I put down a deer once. By the way, do you want a kitten? We just found her last weekend. She is about 8 weeks old and is a longhaired grey tabby with white markings, Leukemia/Feline HIV negative, has her shots/worming, and is extremely friendly). I have never flown in any black helicopters (I flew in a helicopter piloted by a black guy when I was in the Army-does that count?). I have never worn a blue beret (not my color), UN flag or gone to any UN re-education. I have never been to Waco, although I stopped for gas there once. I do believe in God. I am not part of an international Jewish conspiracy (if there was such a thing I would get paid more, have cooler guns and get more chicks). And they can not have my guns, either, except the ones they bought for me (and those aren't really mine, anyway). That about cover it?
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 8:20:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Go to http://www.standandfight.com and pick out a really good JBT T-shirt to wear.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 8:22:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Huh SAR? What's emotional about violating Gun safety? Point a gun at another human being. Seems pretty objective to me.
View Quote

There is a big difference in "gun safety" and utilizing a weapon in potentially hazardous situations and environments.  Think about it.  You can't make the distinction.

OK, of course a Statist Pig wouldn't agree with me on the 4th Amendment stuff. Is that what you mean by emotional?
View Quote

Well, the name calling certainly brings in a great emotional (not to mention immature) tone to your post.

Or is it the fact that I believe people have the right to defend their lives? Do you really believe that a Gov't official can just kill you without due process? If so, you really are depraved. Hey Wake up! This isn't Vietnam and you aren't on a military operation!
View Quote

Nobody every said that.  YOU put those words out there.  Law Enforcement is NOT out to kill people.  That's just plain silly to believe.

-SARguy
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 7:02:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Garmentless: Pointing guns at people isn't gun safety..yadda yadda...
View Quote

There is a big difference in "gun safety" and utilizing a weapon in potentially hazardous situations and environments.  Think about it.  You can't make the distinction.
 Law Enforcement is NOT out to kill people.  That's just plain silly to believe.

-SARguy
View Quote

No, Law Enforcement is not out to kill people, but dynamic entries set up a situation where an honorable man should shoot back at whoever is dynamically entering. Face it, it's a recipe for disaster on both sides.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 7:06:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 7:16:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

[b]All I've ever seen is that they only act when they have EVERY possible advantage. ...Bravery? HAH! You are ridiculous![/b]

And what is wrong with having an over whelming advantage? "Fools rush in."
View Quote

Nothing, but that's not bravery. Bravery is going that extra mile and doing what must be done when the odds are not in your favor.

As far as bravery goes, how many armed criminals have you stopped in the last year? How many times have you put your life at risk to help others? Before you scoff at others, I would like to hear some tales of your selflessness and sacrifice.
View Quote

Well, I've chased many armed tresspassers off the property. Usually I do it by walking up to them and speaking to them man-to-man. I don't consider it brave, but apparently some LEOs do.
I've pulled women and children out of wrecked vehicles. I don't cobnsider it brave, but then the firetruck wasn't there to save my butt if it flamed up either. I regularly give to charity and Church. I also volunteer my time to help the less fortunate. This isn't a brag, you asked.
No, I don't live a glamorous life like you, Nate. To insinuate that the us non-LEOs lack discipline or dignity is frankly quite insulting. You do different, but not better.
Don't get too much of a head thinking that you are saving the world, you aren't. It is the everyday strivings of the common man that keep the world turning.

I still hold that if you want a man, there are inumerable other ways to bring him to justice other than invading the sanctity of home, where a man is honor bound to protect his.

Link Posted: 6/26/2001 7:22:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Uncle Buck, SGB -  That was a fantastic idea about letting him beat me up! Then I could file charges and get one more threat to society off the streets! If I play my cards right and really give 'em some histrionics, I might be able to give the whole dept. a black eye! Get the SWAT team disbanded!
oohhhh... And in civil court I may get rich!! :)
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 7:25:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Oh My SGB! What a well-formed intellectual rebuttal!! I can tell that the Classical Greek Philosophy classes really paid off for you.[:D]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 7:36:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By uncle buck:
View Quote

LOL   [whacko]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 7:39:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top