Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2001 8:50:28 AM EDT

OKay, I know that "Wilson" started the original thread and the FFL he contacted posted under the name "X-Ring".

X ring said that we need to choose a config so the prices can be quoted better.

"Grin&Barrett" posted a new topic (2/14) that Castle Arms (I don't know their AR15.com 'handle') is doing something.  Castle Arms is a FFL and a dealer for Cavalry Arms.  

Now, who is the main FFL and people in charge?  Post it here.  I know I've missed some details.... but I'm getting confused on who's the main people in charge of this project now.
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 9:14:23 AM EDT
[#1]
No FFL has taken over this completely since it is informal.

Since ARs are so interchangeable it makes for a lot of possibilities.

Putting together a good quality AR with a very good price requires volume.  Any one of the FFLs can approach Bushmaster & negotiate a price on a batch of one model.  Then dealer markup & distribution location/costs come into play. Our main factory (Comstock-Castle Stove) will help lower those costs since we make large shipments every day.

To possibly lower the price & help our AR15.com community the idea of mixing Cavarly Arms & Bushmaster (or another supplier) may produce a unique rifle at a very good price.

antiUSSA & I will move along to try to come up with pricing based a min quantity of 50.

Another idea might be for one primary FFL place the order & then drop ship 10 to another FLL & 40 to the primary.

Link Posted: 2/14/2001 9:36:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Personally, I'm not interested in a mixed manufacture upper/lower rifle set up.

Part of the appeal of this group purchase is the collectabity factor of the final product, which suffers in the case of a mixed rifle set up.

That, and my own personal firearms preferences and collection intentionally does not include mixed-parts rifles.

I suppose the bottom line price would be better under such circumstances(mixed uppers/lowers), and if that's the highest priority here, then so be it.

I am more interested in a unique, complete rifle from a single manufacturer. I see this as a rare opportunity to add a truely special firearm to my collection, and though a good price is important, my desire for a unique collecter rifle is more important.

I don't see any reason why, say Bushmaster, couldn't do a group order of complete rifles, at a very reasonable price. The money "saved" by mixing uppers and lowers creates a rifle much less desirable in terms of long term value, and the initial money saved would be lost in its future worth, negating the intended savings.

I am one opinion and nothing more, but this is MY opinion for what it's worth.

Others may or may not agree, just my .02
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 9:56:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I am with M4 on this. I have a mixed part gun, and if I don't see the point in getting another one. I want my next AR to be something more collectable, such as a special manufacter model (or failing that a preban), and making this order with mixed parts does take some of that away.

Kyle
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 10:06:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Time out Kaliburz...THIS X-Ring has read, but has not replied, to any of these "group purchase" threads. This X-Ring is NOT in the market for a new AR, nor does he(I) hold an FFL.
Better check the profile of the X-Ring that posted anything about an FFL, cause it ain't me!
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 10:12:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree with M4 also. I do not want a hybrid. I would like a special AR-15 from  BM. I already know of a hybrid deal in about the same price range as mentioned before ($540.00+), but I think M4 is right about the future worth of the rifle.
Just adding my .02 worth

CrossEyed

[img]209.25.243.140/glocktalk/docs/gtubb/icons/icon47.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 10:19:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I am the X-Ring that contacted Wilson.  I am a FFL holder here in the State of Maine.  I offered to handle any deals with Bushmaster since I live right here in the State.  I am just offering to help if you guys choose.  It is up to you guys as a group.  All I know is that I WOULD like one of these regardless of who handles it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 10:25:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I like the complete rifle deal too.  The advantage of this group deal, I believe, is for us members to own a special rifle made specially for us.  I still think the M4 that Bushy now builds would be PERFECT for us as a group since that is the most popular and sought after configuration of rifle on this board.  Nothing wrong with the polymer rifle or other configurations, but this board is overwhelmingly into M4's.

Also, look at the top of this page.  What do you see?  An M4.
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 10:33:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Gun Toter:
I like the complete rifle deal too.  The advantage of this group deal, I believe, is for us members to own a special rifle made specially for us.  I still think the M4 that Bushy now builds would be PERFECT for us as a group since that is the most popular and sought after configuration of rifle on this board.  Nothing wrong with the polymer rifle or other configurations, but this board is overwhelmingly into M4's.

Also, look at the top of this page.  What do you see?  An M4.
View Quote

i agree, i vote for a M4 BUSHY
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 10:38:12 AM EDT
[#9]
also, am i going to have to pay 2 different ffl fee's ? one for *our* ffl, and one for *my* ffl ?

M4 BUSHY for me :)

if this goes through, by the time it does,it would a [bday] for me.
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 12:36:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I too agree with M4.  I am attracted to the idea of getting a special rifle made in limited numbers for a very good price.  As was started in the original thread by "Wilson".  A complete Bushmaster in whatever configuration the members agree upon.  Hopefully with custom serial numbers and/or logo.  That would truely be something special.

Getting a rifle for cheap is not of any advantage if it is only a hybrid.  I just built hybrid for $523.

I hope we can get together on this.  I beleive it to be a great opportunity.
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#11]
i prefer the complete rifle idea myself.mmk
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#12]
So far sounds like replies here are favoring a lot more expensive rifle.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 1:27:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 1:27:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I also don't want a "mutt". Mutts make great dogs but I want one manufactuor who is proven and will be accountable.

I also don't want a gun that tries to look like something it is not. I would be in for a shorty or standard 20". I hope we can all get together on this as it has great possibilities.
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 1:33:14 PM EDT
[#15]
If it is going to be a limited run with special serial numbers and logo's.  Then I prefer to have that be a complete gun from 1 source (Bushmaster, etc.) and I would be willing to pay a little extra for that.  

If we are looking just to find a very good deal on a non-descript AR-15 - then a mix and match does not bother me.
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 1:50:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I am the X-Ring that contacted Wilson.  I am a FFL holder here in the State of Maine.  I offered to handle any deals with Bushmaster since I live right here in the State.  I am just offering to help if you guys choose.  It is up to you guys as a group.  All I know is that I WOULD like one of these regardless of who handles it.
View Quote

OK, now I see it. There's a difference between X-Ring and X_Ring.  X-Ring, you handle stealing,
left wing, democratic liberal punk! LOL! I was here first, change your handle! Best wishes, X_Ring
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 2:26:46 PM EDT
[#17]
How about Grin&Barrett posting a price we could get for say 100, 150, and 200 guns with a Cavalry Arms lower no special serial number and a Bushy M4 upper without a brake and with one.
And X-Ring could find out the same info but in a complete M4 Bushy with special serial number and the logo on the side and the same accents as on the Y2K, with a brake and without. Then we would have some hard $$$$ numbers to work with. They could even find out how many would have to be ordered above the 200 mark to get another break on the price. Then we could all decide which way to go and people would not be all mixed up about this.
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 5:14:12 PM EDT
[#18]
How about a 100% Bushmaster, with AR15.COM engraved on the upper and the lower?  I wouldnt want a mutt.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 6:27:58 PM EDT
[#19]
M4 said it fine, I dont want a mutt rifle, I am interested in a collector.
I would prefer the M4, and BM offers these as a flat top (A3) at no additional cost.
M4 A3 please[:)]
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 7:05:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I was a definate YES until the hybrid talk started.  Now I am a MAYBE until this gets sorted out.  For what my .02 is worth, I would like to see a 100% Bushy with A3 sights and the serial # to make it special.  Better yet, has anyone looked into Armalite for cutting us a deal?
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 7:08:46 PM EDT
[#21]
cup holders?
Training wheels?
Hawk AA launcher?
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 8:13:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Rich314- Did you forget what State we live in, or do you have another address somewhere else?[;)] Because I'd like one too, but we don't get to have those cool toys here anymore...
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 11:24:01 PM EDT
[#23]
I would also like to get a whole rifle from manufacturer. I think if we are going to use our buying power we should get something special. An M4 with our logo( do we have a logo besides the picture of the M4) and a special serial number would be awesome.We can get mutts all day long at reasonable prices without group purchase.How bout a logo of a Goat for ED. It would be funny and collectable.

NO SLACK!
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 6:48:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
How about Grin&Barrett posting a price we could get for say 100, 150, and 200 guns with a Cavalry Arms lower no special serial number and a Bushy M4 upper without a brake and with one.
And X-Ring could find out the same info but in a complete M4 Bushy with special serial number and the logo on the side and the same accents as on the Y2K, with a brake and without. Then we would have some hard $$$$ numbers to work with. They could even find out how many would have to be ordered above the 200 mark to get another break on the price. Then we could all decide which way to go and people would not be all mixed up about this.
View Quote

i agree, this should be done. i would like some hard #s
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 8:20:01 AM EDT
[#25]
We are going along with TAN4Y's suggestion.

Cavalry Arms AR with all Bushmaster parts & special ser #s.   At 100, no charge for special numbers.   The rifle would be considered as being all from one mfgr.

Also speaking to Bushmaster about M4 version with special serial #s.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top