Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 6/25/2001 3:56:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 3:59:44 PM EDT
Ya, slap Windows 2000 Professional on your system.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 4:02:35 PM EDT
IE 6 is beta. As a result, it's a little buggy. Clean out the temp internet files and delete cookies, then reboot the machine. See if that helps.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 4:06:23 PM EDT
Check to make sure that your network/dial-up settings haven't changed and are set to what your ISP recommends. You can obviously get here. Is this problem with specific pages or random or what?
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 4:14:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 4:20:04 PM EDT
GB, I've had no problems on this site with build 2488 on Win2k.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 4:20:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/25/2001 4:28:35 PM EDT by brouhaha]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 4:24:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 5:32:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 5:49:45 PM EDT
Nutscrape!!! Someone else who uses that term!! Wooo Hooo!!! Guys/gals, remember when you download beta software you are past the "bleeding edge". Take your lumps, fill out the bug reports and be quiet. If you can't handle it, go back a version. As for Intermitant Exploder, yes it has it own probs. But far less than Nutscrape. IE 6.0 has the new feature of "Smart Tags". Woooaaa, this is scary stuff. If IE see's the word "Microsoft" it will automagicly make it hyperlink to Microsoft's web site. Scary. If anyone want to use a true industry compliant browser (one that follow the W3 standards to the T), download Opera. Small, and fast. You have to put up with a window for ads, but it does work. I did run all three browsers for awhile, but I did settle on IE for pure personal reasons (I know all the keyboard shortcuts). But my second choice is Opera. If you are fed up with things, give it a try.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 6:11:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Guzzler: As for Intermitant Exploder, yes it has it own probs. But far less than Nutscrape. IE 6.0 has the new feature of "Smart Tags". Woooaaa, this is scary stuff. If IE see's the word "Microsoft" it will automagicly make it hyperlink to Microsoft's web site. Scary. If anyone want to use a true industry compliant browser (one that follow the W3 standards to the T), download Opera. Small, and fast. You have to put up with a window for ads, but it does work.
View Quote
The smart tags hysteria is completely overblown. IE6 has an option to disable them and comes that way by default. I'm not paying for a www browser.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 8:09:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GoatBoy: Did I ever mention how much I HATE Netscape??? -- GB
View Quote
GoatBoy, Have you ever tried the Linux version of Netscape? If you haven't, give it a try.........it'll teach you what REAL hatred is.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 1:14:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By GoatBoy: (I am in the midst of Netscaping the site. Did I ever mention how much I HATE Netscape???) -- GB
View Quote
No, but Probably just as much as me.
Top Top