Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2001 3:36:40 PM EDT
[url]www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2001/06/24/MN233514.DTL[/url]

It is actually fairly balanced and gives a lot of time to the creator of the development.  I didn't realize that they have not built any homes yet there.  Plud the homes seem to be up a hundred grand from last time I checked, but the town has lots of niceties for when it is finished.  Too bad the wife doesn't like the desert.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 3:53:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Man I wish I had 350K to blow plus money to build the house. Would be a cool vacation home I think.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 5:32:50 PM EDT
[#2]
$350k for an acre of desert sounds a little stiff to me (even with the perks), but it would be a cool place to live.

Look at their safety record. It's pretty darn good.

[url]www.frontsight.com/safety.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#4]
AeroE:

There are a lot of places in California that are not desert.  SF Bay area being one of them.  Most of the northern section of the state isn't a desert either.  The sierras are also quite nice.  

and $350k would buy a nice place where I live in CA.  But I'd rather get a nicer plot of my own land elsewhere and build it up.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 6:01:00 PM EDT
[#5]
It's all relative to what you're used to. If you fly over Central or Northern CA in winter you'll see more green than brown. Change that to summer and it's more brown than green. Go up north towards the Oregon border and you'll see mostly green along the coast and for a good ways inland. Like anywhere else, the mountain areas are more arid due to less available water (snow and ice is not considered available water). The only true desert areas are in Southern CA and the high desert east of the Sierra (but a lot of that land is in Nevada). And the coastal range is very similar to those alpine meadows you speak of. The fog and constant drizzle helps to keep things green.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 6:33:39 PM EDT
[#6]
$350k is a bit much.  I could get a pretty good size place elsewhere for $250k and have $100k left for cool toys.  I guess if you've got that kind of change, a few hundred grand here or there doesn't matter much.  I just have to hope my tech stocks come back some day.  [:(]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 7:53:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Aero- I live in the Bay Area.  In fact I can see the bay from my back yard.  It is not lush rain forest, but it is not desert either.  BTW, I love the desert.  I want to move to AZ but she wont go for it, she needs to be near redwoods.  I think NV side Tahoe will be my best bet.

I think the 350 large includes the home, they just haven't built them yet.  Plus it includes an Uzi and a free place to shoot it for the rest of your life.  Plus all the other country club type ammeneties.  Overall it is not to bad.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 9:31:06 PM EDT
[#8]
IF you read what you get with that $350k package, you get more than a plot of land. You get free lifetime usage of thier range, free lifetime classes;basically, you are buying a high end membership.

I think more important, you are going to be able to take part in showing the sheeple of the US that firearms are not the problem. I can almost see with 100% conviction that there will be zero crim e there...almost no criminal will be stupid enough to go to an area full of armed citizens and try something.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top