Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2001 8:15:41 PM EDT
I have been waiting for a while to see if anyone on this forum would post about the worst thing that can possibly happen not only to our country but to the entire world, and I have yet to see anything posted. And that is the cloning of humans. And it will happen very soon if nothing is done to stop it. There is a doctor in Italy and another in Kentucky who are planning to clone people, and this not just something that they are planing on for some time in the future, but they are planning to do this evil thing very soon. As far as I am concerned cloning is the work of Satan and these doctors are trying to become god, and this can not be permitted to happen. And even if you do not believe in god, cloning will completely screw up the legal system in our country. If you think the courts are screwed up now just wait until there are clones to worry about. I want to know how the people here feel about cloning and what if anything we can or should do about it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2001 8:29:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I totally agree with you.
Link Posted: 2/13/2001 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Hope nobody tries to create a "master race"

actually i am scared of that thought. [:(]
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 12:16:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Sniper, if you read IIThessalonians 2:6-8 you will see that God is allowing satan to do his thing.

"only he who now letteth(God) WILL let, until he(satan) be taken out of the way."

Thats a powerful statement!   It suggests that one should pray, and ask God to not allow it to happen, but only if it be his will. Then as a Christian, which I assume you are, we are to suffer whatever happens next.

Oh boy, I wonder how many people will read this and "label" me.
:)

Link Posted: 2/14/2001 1:00:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I never thought Dolly the Sheep was a good idea.

Now this?

Who will take the initiative to stop this madness?
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 1:27:19 AM EDT
[#5]
personally, i think it's wrong for man to "play God".
colt.
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 1:27:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Worried here too!All we can do is PRAY and BELIEVE.There is only one creator.[+]:D]
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 1:56:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry to disagree but I'm in favor of my own version of Pamela Sue Anderson.
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 4:52:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Imagine raising a cloned version of yourself.
Everday you would look at it, it would be continuous, non-stop Deja'vu.
You'd go insane.
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 5:21:59 AM EDT
[#9]
It has already been done...The Doctors tool the DNA of Jesse and added a little vanilla and produced Al Gore...I am so scared!
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 5:23:08 AM EDT
[#10]
And...I can't type either because I am soooo scared!
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 6:24:54 AM EDT
[#11]
It scares the bezesus outa me. People playing God....it's truly mind boggling. And why don't people get involved to stop this sorta "Frankenstein" stuff.

Just we can, doesn't mean we have to.
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 6:30:44 AM EDT
[#12]
If I clone myself, can I get a larger penis?
FTR I am vehemently opposed to this perversion of nature.
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 6:40:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Boom Stick:

Sometimes we must be labeled......and proudly so my friend.  Time to stand up and be counted.

It is playing in the face of God to even consider doing such a thing and those who support and/or participate in cloning of humans are going to pay a terrible price for their blasphemy.

Peace

Link Posted: 2/14/2001 6:58:03 AM EDT
[#14]
So with cloning, will you be able to buy a woman from a company who actually clones people?  Think about it, it would be great.

"Thank you for call ABC Clones, how can I help you?"

"I would like to place an order for 19 year old woman.  5'6", 110lbs.  Blond hair, green eyes, 34B+ chest.  Interests to include hunting, shooting, hockey, mountain biking, cooking and laundry.  I would like to add the nympho chip, and delete the jealousy option."

"Would you also like to upgrade our [i]Those are too perky to be real. [/i] and [i]Age defying aging chips?[/i]"

"Yes that would be great, thank you."

Forget all about the technecalities of this being the work of the devil, and all the bad things that could happen.  Look at the bright side of things!
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 7:01:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Don't worry about being "labeled" Boom Stick. There are worse things to be labeled. And if you're like the rest of us then you've already wore most of 'em. [:D]

I'm against human cloning because I don't think the world could handle TWO of ME!!!  [flag]

Besides, it's wrong and immoral for all the right reasons.
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 7:40:10 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm for human cloning because it would be cool.

Consequences be damned!

Besides, who are we kidding?
Do you really believe it isn't already being done?

[:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)][:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)][:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)][:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)][:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)][:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)][:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)][:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)][:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)]

Link Posted: 2/14/2001 7:46:11 AM EDT
[#17]
We think it's a great idea, with reservations, of course.

The whole idea of reproducing without fresh genetic material in Kentucky has me divided.  Are they already experts, or is it something they just can't seem to stop doing? [;)]

What will the children look like?  [%|]?
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 7:47:10 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm with the major. Whether you belive it's the work of Satan or not, it's not up to you to judge that. Point your finger and there will be 4 pointing back at you. You can quote the bible or whatever you believe in all day and you still won't be warranted in judging others. Now that being said, clone all you want and next time get rid of my beer gut dammit! Besides, how do you know you're not a clone now? [}:D]
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 8:45:37 AM EDT
[#19]
They can carbon copy anything! But what makes us human is that the supreme being whatever you call him gave us a soul! Sure the scientist can make a living copy of a human form, but they cannot give it the soul it needs to be human! A whole race without a concience or soul that's what scares the s***! out of me!
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 9:22:55 AM EDT
[#20]
How about some extra copies of Sandra Bullock Jeri Ryan etc?  We can stamp out like magazines.(just joking, but what a thought!)
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 1:39:55 PM EDT
[#21]
We could continue the popular trend of having the lowest forms of life multiplying at the greatest rate (tell me I'm misinformed!).

I can't believe that We could actually ever pull something over on God,(I might be misinformed on this one).
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 2:08:24 PM EDT
[#22]
I think that these are exciting times.  We are the first generation to see the map of the human genome, which is the complete set of genes housed in twenty three pairs of chromosomes.   The implications are enormous.  

I believe that cloning is unethical, and that society will place a moratorium on cloning,on germline gene therapy and strict limits on embryonic research.  

There was an article in the Wall Street Journal today that decried the emphasis on the downside of genetic research.  Instead, the author argued, we should be excited about the potential for beating cancer and other afflictions.  In 20 years we probably wouldn't recognize the way medicine will be practised.

Any form of new knowledge carries the power of misuse - atomic power, electricity.....firearms.
But let's not forget the good that can come from them.
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#23]
This subject is on the CBS evening new at this time.
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 2:54:17 PM EDT
[#24]
The thing that many people don't realize is that  even if you clone a human, it will only be a physical duplicate NOT a mental and psychological duplicate. The clone would require that it have the EXACT experiences, traumas, etc  that the source had over it's lifetime and even then there is no guarantee the clone will be a carbon copy. If you ever saw "The Boys from Brazil" the nazis were trying to duplicate Hitler's childhood in order to recreate another fuhrer.

I don't think there will be any way of stopping human cloning. The ones that want it are the rich and powerful as a way of reaching immortality either through using the clones body parts for transplant or maybe in hopes of one day technology reaching the point where minds and consciousness can be transplanted into a new  body.

Link Posted: 2/14/2001 3:26:30 PM EDT
[#25]
As long as were cloning folks,  could I put my order in for a couple of dozen of these.
[img]www.geocities.com/cklennon/HardOCP/nell05.jpg[/img]
while your at it can you figure out how to have them ready by 9 tonight.
Thanks
Pig
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 3:41:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Has anybody watcht the 1978 movie "Boys from Brazil?"
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 3:46:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Lets see....We could clone Bill Clinton and raise the kid as a conservative Republican, NRA Life Member.  Or Al Gore...or Di Fi...or Ted Kennedy...or Jay Rockefeller (who owns an AR15 but votes 100% anti-gun.  Need I go on?
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 3:58:55 PM EDT
[#28]
what the heck's the problem? "cloning" Already Happens Naturally. It's called "identical twins."
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 5:36:39 PM EDT
[#29]
I totally disagree.  We MUST begin a human cloning program NOW! Whether you like it or not, we are in a technological war with the other countries of the world.  I have little doubt that other countries have secret human bioengineering project already in the works.  Countries like India and Pakistan have very limited resources.  Could you image what 100 Einstiens could do for their economy?  They could make a thousand clones, and even if only 10% of them were super smart, they could dominate an industry.  GuptaSoft would make Microsoft seem like small potatos.  

The future is here.  Does anybody really have doubt that 100 years from now parents won't be able to go into a gene center to pick out their baby from a catalog??? They will each leave a DNA sample and return to have the customized embryo implanted.  It may be limited mostly to the rich at first, but it will happen.  If it is banned in this country, parents will travel to a free country that does DNA on demand.  What parent wouldn't want their child to be free of diseases, or live a long healthy life??? And while their at it, why should the kid be short like both of the parents.  It is a slippery slope, so why stop there?? Green eyes, blonde hair, muscles of steel, the works... (although most parents would probably choose a child that looks like them).

It is my own personal feeling that changing DNA does not take away from the role of G-d.  G-d does not deal in the physical, but with the immortal soul.  DNA is everywhere, but only G-d can impart life.  G-d's love is infinite, and I think even extends to clones.
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 6:24:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Dang it now PinePig, whatcha have to go and post that for huh huh?

Well, maybe a couple of those would be kinda nice.....but we'd have to stop there though.

Beyond that, why, it would be just plain wrong

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 7:27:49 PM EDT
[#31]
let's see - how long was the sr71 out there before we were allowed to know of it?  how long did the nro (national recon. office) exist before public disclosure? (33 years to my memory) - hmm.... what country got all the top nazi genetic scientists in 1945? so NOW we get the scoop on cloning and NOW we are worried about it? WAKE UP!! sorry to pee in anyone's pot - but my guess is that it has BEEN going on for a good 50+ years... AND with a minor loop hole in our system of law (how can that happen lads?) the govt can conduct all the genetic experiments legally on any indian reservation... just because it's illegal in the good ol usa....there are parts of the usa that ain't what you think.... but then again i could be wrong and waaaayyyyy off course and just need more fiber in my diet. :-)

steve
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 8:19:39 PM EDT
[#32]
You can't stop progress. As to whether it's a good idea or not, depends on who is being cloned and why. Want to have a sleepless night?
Think about a million Hilary clones. Personally, if I could have a clone on ice that I could raid for parts, that would be fine with me. Eat burgers and fries, eggs and bacon, drink a quart of whiskey a day, smoke three packs a day, and when things go wrong, hey, no problemo, let's raid the clone. Kinda like rebuilding a rifle. It's great to be alive in the 21st century.
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 10:45:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Put me down for 5 of each: Salma Hayek, and Zena's sidekick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top