Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2001 11:32:17 AM EDT
I took my Tromix 50AE to my clubs AR match and they wouldn't let me shoot it!. The person who ran the match was afraid that the 325gr Speer gold dots would ruin the steel chickens that were set up at 50 meters. I have personally shot this course in the past with AR 15s, M1 carbines AND A M14 (using ball 308 ammo) with no problems. Does anyone know if the 50AE speer gold dots would damage the steel chickens or do you think it would be ok to shoot at them.
Thanks
Pokey
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 11:42:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Well it certainly is not going to leave a "pock" mark any deaper than the higher velocity .308 round, but with repeated hits the steel may "bow" a bit.  Its really hard to tell unless you just take one and hammer the piss out of it and see what happens.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top