Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2001 6:42:49 PM EDT
Just found a real nice SGW reciever Olympic ar15 at one of my local favorite pawns.
Serial #Z95XX, very clean, a few handling scratches hear and there.bore crisp and clean. It has flash suppressor, bay lug, twenty inch barrel and one twenty round mag.
They want 800.00 drive out tax included.
So what do you think, is it worth it?
Anything good or bad that can be said about this gun? Can somebody give any info on these recievers,such as how they came about with SGW on the reciever?
If I get some good info on this, this will be my forth ar15 type rifle,I'm really looking forward to getting another. Thanks in advance for any info given.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 7:13:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an SGW Oly...I think it stands for Shutzen Gun Works which is the original name for the OLY company...

Mine has a tight mag well (thermolds ar tight).

I paid $400 for the Complete rifle last spring!

Mind you, I live in Canada and we do not have bans on ARs like you do in the states....BUT WE HAVE PLENTY OF OTHER STUPID LAWS!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:03:59 PM EDT
[#2]
ITS preban and $800 is a GREAT price.  I have a Reciever gun  that uses the SGW "stop sign", the ONLY problem that I have had is that thermolds don't lock.  I had to alter the amg catch.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 11:00:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I could not handle it any longer I picked it up, gun looks better than I thought.
Thanks for the above comments,any more?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top