Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2001 2:15:29 PM EDT
I may have an opportunity to relocate, with my job, to Tennessee.  If it does happen, I have my choice of living in Chattanooga or Knoxville.  My wife will be looking for a job (corporate trainer) once we get there.  Is one city better than the other for overall employment?  I believe Class 3 ownership is legal in Tennessee.  Is one city better than the other for a CLEO signoff?  What city would you recommend?  Any other additional info you could provide would be great since I've never been there.  

thanks!
Dan
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 2:30:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Dan,

I have spent many weekends in Oak Ridge. Up to 5 times a year for the last 11 years.
Damn near married a woman from there. (near miss)

O.R. Sportsmens Assoc. has a great set of ranges just outside of town.
15 Min from Knoxville, hour 15m from Chatt.
I love TN...cost of living is'nt too bad.
Thinkin' of retiring there.

Lew
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to Knoxville:  home of University of Tennessee.  There's some mighty fine poontang on and about that campus.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 3:14:37 PM EDT
[#3]
While I have never been to Knoxville, I really like Chattanooga.  I live in the NW burbs of Atlanta so Chattanooga is just up the road.

Bradd
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:29:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:44:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I live just a few miles from knoxville. It's an alright place to live in some areas but the gangs and wannabe's are pretty bad in others. Chattanooga is the same way though. A class 3 is definitely good to have around here. If one of the little bastards pulls a pistol on you, just pull out your automatic and watch 'em run. Not a bad place at all.

Mikie  [sniper]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:51:34 PM EDT
[#6]
The economy in Middle Tennessee (Nashville and the surrounds) is excellent.  As for the choice between Chattanooga and Knoxville, Chattanooga is smaller and "tighter" than K-town. Knoxville is just more spread out.

Cleveland TN, Just north of Chattanooga is said to be a nice place to live.

Good luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top