Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
4/25/2017 7:42:44 PM
Posted: 6/22/2001 2:15:29 PM EDT
I may have an opportunity to relocate, with my job, to Tennessee. If it does happen, I have my choice of living in Chattanooga or Knoxville. My wife will be looking for a job (corporate trainer) once we get there. Is one city better than the other for overall employment? I believe Class 3 ownership is legal in Tennessee. Is one city better than the other for a CLEO signoff? What city would you recommend? Any other additional info you could provide would be great since I've never been there. thanks! Dan
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 2:30:36 PM EDT
Dan, I have spent many weekends in Oak Ridge. Up to 5 times a year for the last 11 years. Damn near married a woman from there. (near miss) O.R. Sportsmens Assoc. has a great set of ranges just outside of town. 15 Min from Knoxville, hour 15m from Chatt. I love TN...cost of living is'nt too bad. Thinkin' of retiring there. Lew
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 3:02:25 PM EDT
Go to Knoxville: home of University of Tennessee. There's some mighty fine poontang on and about that campus.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 3:14:37 PM EDT
While I have never been to Knoxville, I really like Chattanooga. I live in the NW burbs of Atlanta so Chattanooga is just up the road. Bradd
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:29:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:44:35 PM EDT
I live just a few miles from knoxville. It's an alright place to live in some areas but the gangs and wannabe's are pretty bad in others. Chattanooga is the same way though. A class 3 is definitely good to have around here. If one of the little bastards pulls a pistol on you, just pull out your automatic and watch 'em run. Not a bad place at all. Mikie [sniper]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:51:34 PM EDT
The economy in Middle Tennessee (Nashville and the surrounds) is excellent. As for the choice between Chattanooga and Knoxville, Chattanooga is smaller and "tighter" than K-town. Knoxville is just more spread out. Cleveland TN, Just north of Chattanooga is said to be a nice place to live. Good luck!
Top Top