Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2001 11:32:22 AM EDT
It's 1:30pm on this Friday afternoon, when I'm driving into a 4-way intersection.  I take a left turn lane trying to go home, and I'm stopped by the red light.  Approximately 10 seconds later, an Auburn city patrol car, from my 9'oclock, comes speeding into the intersection with his lights blaring.  He stops DEAD MIDDLE in the intersection, in a T-bone position to my car.  The officer proceeds to cut off his lights, step out of the car, and close the door.
Then, for no reason, he turns his back to the door (and me) and stands at an "at ease" position for about 30 seconds.  Without notice, he then opens his door, steps inside, and continues to keep on driving in his original direction.

There were no fire trucks, limo's, paramedics, ambulances, Armored VIP passenger vehicles, M1 Abrams Tanks, or time-traveling Delorians to be scene ANYWHERE in the immediate area.  Now, I know the "Auburn Gestapo" does some wierd stuff in this town, but this was more than just eccentric - it was goofy.  WHAT was this LEO doing, and should he get some medication?

[brown]Evil Jewbroni~[/brown]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 11:36:45 AM EDT
[#1]
he had a brain fart?  he went to the wrong location? he tought you where someone your not?
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 11:38:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Perhaps there was a pursuit going on and he thought it MAY come that way, then heard that it was going in another direction? Dunno.

Aviator [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 11:38:31 AM EDT
[#3]
He had gas and didn't want to foul the inside of his car.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 11:39:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Remember, crack dont smoke itself !!!
[bd]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 11:39:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
He had gas and didn't want to foul the inside of his car.
View Quote

that sounds like the most explainable answer LOL[:D]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 11:40:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Remember, crack dont smoke itself !!!
[):)]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 11:41:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Perhaps there was a pursuit going on and he thought it MAY come that way, then heard that it was going in another direction? Dunno.

View Quote

Do officers carry radios on their bodies that pick up frequencies from the station or other patrol cars?  Both of his windows appeared to be closed, so I doubt he heard the scanner inside the car if it was transmitting some info.  I dunno what happened, all the other dozen or so people stopped at the intersection had the same look on their faces as I did - the easily expressed "WTF??"

Link Posted: 6/22/2001 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Do officers carry radios on their bodies that pick up frequencies from the station or other patrol cars?  Both of his windows appeared to be closed, so I doubt he heard the scanner inside the car if it was transmitting some info.  I dunno what happened, all the other dozen or so people stopped at the intersection had the same look on their faces as I did - the easily expressed "WTF??"

View Quote

they wear those little speaker/mics on thier shoulders. did you see one?
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 11:43:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think a lot of them have those little walkie talkie types that have a mic clipped to their collar. I would think they can get traffic from multiple sources. Not sure he would shut his light bar off if this was the case though after more consideration.

Link Posted: 6/22/2001 11:46:10 AM EDT
[#10]
He needed to keep the street open in case someone important needed to use it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 11:48:59 AM EDT
[#11]
His dispatcher told him, "There's some guy named Jewbroni coming your way....looks entirely too complacent.  Shake the sucker up, why don't you...it's a slow day"
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 11:50:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
His dispatcher told him, "There's some guy named Jewbroni coming your way....looks entirely too complacent.  Shake the sucker up, why don't you...it's a slow day"
View Quote

your papers please. we need to see your papers!
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 11:55:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
they wear those little speaker/mics on thier shoulders. did you see one?
View Quote

Yeah, I know what you're talking about.  Like I said, his back was turned, so I couldn't tell - but you might be right.

Quoted:
His dispatcher told him, "There's some guy named Jewbroni coming your way....looks entirely too complacent. Shake the sucker up, why don't you...it's a slow day"
View Quote

Quoted:
your papers please. we need to see your papers!
View Quote

I hear that.  We don't call them the Gestapo for nothing.  Luckily, I have an NRA and Alabama FOP sticker on my back windshield, and I drive under 10 miles over the limit, so if I do get caught for something like speeding, maybe they'll let it slide (especially since my record is good).

Just hope they don't find that meth lab I keep in my closet...that would be a disaster.

Link Posted: 6/22/2001 11:55:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 11:58:08 AM EDT
[#15]
LEO Fire Drill
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 11:58:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Rookie cop initiation
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 12:07:59 PM EDT
[#17]
All your intersection are belong to us.......
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 12:22:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
All your intersection are belong to us.......
View Quote

..and All your Originality are belong to nobody.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 12:26:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Ahh, they are finally testing out the new stealth vehicles.  Did you [b]listen[/b] for any invisible cars going by?  

Was he wearing the new infared (see stealth) vehicle glasses?

Link Posted: 6/22/2001 12:35:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Maybe the programming the government put in to him short circuited or something.

Six

Link Posted: 6/22/2001 12:55:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Maybe he just needed a little fresh air.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 1:22:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 1:25:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Probably was some badguy running around on foot. Typical plan is to set up a perimeter by putting an officer in the intersections around the area so they can watch two directions.

Or, there was a pursuit and they wanted to stop traffic from going up the street for a short bit.

And yes, they have those new fangled walkie-talkies, might even have ear pieces.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#24]
The funeral procession went right...
He went straight.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 1:53:04 PM EDT
[#26]
[b]Mall Ninja[/b] pursuit.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#27]
I think the 3 most plausible answers are the funeral procession that went right, a pursuit that went another way, or an order from higher up to stop traffic and he went to the wrong intersection.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 2:05:41 PM EDT
[#28]
You're all wrong:

Someone "double dog dared" him to do it.

Jay
Arizona
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 2:13:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 2:52:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I think the 3 most plausible answers are the funeral procession that went right, a pursuit that went another way, or an order from higher up to stop traffic and he went to the wrong intersection.
View Quote

Nope, no funeral line or limos anywhere.  That's why I said I was stopped at the light for some time before he came roaring by.  I can believe that it was somehow "pursuit" related.  I can more realistically believe, as an analysis of these LEO's intelligence level, that he drove to the wrong intersection.  Still, the whole Gestapo "at ease" threw me off - seems like if it was pursuit scenario, he'd be looking around (not just one direction) with his hand [i]somewhat[/i]readied to draw his pistol.  But again, see the intellegence comment.

[brown]Evil J~[/brown]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 3:21:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:07:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Maybe the programming the government put in to him short circuited or something.

Six

View Quote

LOL [:D] maybe we'll see this in high school students soon...oh wait we already do [:(]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 11:20:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Maybe he thought that because he is a cop, he can speed into an intersection, stop, and get out of the car for no reason? Perhaps he has a case of heavy badge "syndrome" or something?
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 6:33:20 AM EDT
[#34]
He lost a bet at the doughnut shop and took the dare. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 6:38:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top