Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2001 11:21:07 AM EDT
              by Paine's Torch
          copyright 1993 - ZENO Press - All Rights Reserved

I  am a grateful slave.  My master is a good  man.   He gives  me  food,  shelter, work and other  things.   All  he requires in return is that I obey him.  I am told he has the power to control my life.  I look up to him, and wish that I were so powerful.

>
>           My  master  must understand the world  better  than  I, because  he  was  chosen by many others  for  his  respected position.   I  sometimes complain, but fear  I  cannot  live without his help.  He is a good man.
>
>
>           My  master  protects my money from  theft,  before  and after he takes half of it.  Before taking his half, he  says only  he can protect my money.  After taking it, he says  it is  still mine.  When he spends my money, he says I own  the things  he has bought.  I don't understand this, but  I  believe him.  He is a good man.
>
>
>           I  need my master for protection, because others  would hurt  me.  Or they would take my money and use it for  themselves.   My  master is better than them: When he  takes  my money,  I  still own it.  The things he buys  are  mine.   I cannot sell them, or decide how they are used, but they  are mine.   My master tells me so, and I believe him.  He  is  a good man.
>
>
>           My master provides free education for my children.   He teaches them to respect and obey him and all future  masters they will have.  He says they are being taught well;  learning things they will need to know in the future.  I  believe him.  He is a good man.
>
>
>           My  master  cares about other masters, who  don't  have good  slaves.  He makes me contribute to their  support.   I don't  understand  why slaves must work for  more  than  one master, but my master says it is necessary.  I believe  him.
>
>      He is a good man.
>
>
>           Other slaves ask my master for some of my money.  Since he is good to them as he is to me, he agrees.  This means he must take more of my money; but he says this is good for me.
>
>      I ask my master why it would not be better to let each of us keep our own money.  He says it is because he knows what  is best for each of us.  We believe him.  He is a good man.
>
>
>           My  master tells me: Evil masters in other  places  are not  as good as he; they threaten our comfortable  lifestyle and peace.  So, he sends my children to fight the slaves  of evil  masters.  I mourn their deaths, but my master says  it is necessary.  He gives me medals for their sacrifice, and I believe him.  He is a good man.
>
>
>           Good  masters sometimes have to kill evil masters,  and their  slaves.   This is necessary to preserve  our  way  of life; to show others that our version of slavery is best.  I asked my master: "Why do the evil masters' slaves have to be killed;  along  with their evil master?" He  said:  "Because they  carry out his evil deeds." "Besides, they could  never learn  our system; they have been indoctrinated  to  believe that  only  their master is good." My master knows  what  is best.  He protects me and my children.  He is a good man.

-cont-
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 11:21:43 AM EDT
[#1]
-cont-

>
>
>           My  master  lets me vote for a new  master,  every  few years.   I cannot vote to have no master, but he  generously lets  me choose between two candidates he has  selected.   I eagerly  wait until election day, since voting allows me  to forget  that  I am a slave.  Until then, my  current  master tells me what to do.  I accept this.  It has always been so, and I would not change tradition.  My master is a good man.
>
>
>           At  the last election, about half the slaves  were  allowed to vote.  The other half either broke rules set by the master,  or  were not thought by him to be fit.   Those  who break  the rules should know better than to  disobey!  Those not  considered  fit  should gratefully  accept  the  master chosen  for  them by others.  It is right, because  we  have always done it this way.  My master is a good man.
>
>
>           There were two candidates.  One received a majority  of the  vote  - about one-fourth of the  slave  population.   I asked why the new master can rule over all the slaves, if he only received votes from one-fourth of them? My master said:
>
>      "Because  some  wise  masters long ago  did  it  that  way."
>
>      "Besides, you are the slaves; and we are the masters." I did not  understand his answer, but I believed him.   My  master knows what is best for me.  He is a good man.
>
>
>           Some  slaves  have evil masters.  They take  more  than half  of  their slaves' money and are chosen  by  only  one-tenth,  rather than one-fourth, of their slaves.  My  master says  they are different from him.  I believe him.  He is  a good man.

I  asked if I could ever become a master, instead of  a slave.   My master said, "Yes, anything is  possible."  "But first you must pledge allegiance to your present master, and promise not to abandon the system that made you a slave."  I am encouraged by this possibility.  My master is a good man.

He  tells me slaves are the real masters, because  they can vote for their masters.  I do not understand this, but I believe  him.   He  is a good man; who lives  for  no  other purpose than to make his slaves happy.

I asked if I could be neither a master nor a slave.  My master said, "No, you must be one or the other." "There  are no  other choices." I believe him.  He knows best.  He is  a good man.

I  asked  my master how our system is  different,  from those  with evil masters.  He said: "In our system,  masters work for the slaves." No longer confused, I am beginning  to accept  his logic.  Now I see it! Slaves are in  control  of their masters, because they can choose new masters every few years.   When  the masters appear to control the  slaves  in between  elections, it is all a grand delusion! In  reality, they are carrying out the slaves' desires.  For if this were not  so, they would not have been chosen in the  last  election.   How clear it is to me now! I shall never  doubt  the system again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top