Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 12:54:56 AM EDT
[#1]
The portrayal of the mother as victim has already begun.  Although she has admitted murdering her children, CNN has referred to her as "allegedly" killing her children, and being "accused" of killing them.  I have feeling that we're going to hear every PC cliche in the book before this one is over.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 12:56:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I live next to some people who run a daycare.  Believe me, I can totally sympathize with wanting to drown the little bastards.  But it's still not as bad as what happened here in a town in AK.  Some mom got life insurance policies on her kids (yes, there is such a thing even though it makes no sense) then locked them in their room and set the house on fire.  She was financially motivated to kill her children. That's just evil.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 2:19:48 AM EDT
[#3]
If she didn't want her kids, there were a lot of ways to get rid of them with out taking lives.  

Just train them with firearms, give them a few good dogs and let them run rampant somewhere in Idaho....

She is sick, no doubt about it.  But our actions show who we are.

Mentally ill,... no excuse.

Depressed,... no excuse.

All five kids piss on your favorite rug,... no excuse.

Drown her.

Five proms missed, five cherries never popped, five wives/husbands never happy, and five entire lifetimes including kids, grandkids, and great grandkids eliminated without a chance at being what they could.  Why is this even a topic?  

For those that say "mercy"... I say "revenge".

Like I said...

Drown her.

Link Posted: 6/23/2001 2:56:15 AM EDT
[#4]
There is no doubt in my mind that this women was mentally ill, but that does not absolve her from her actions.  Two years ago my wife was assulted and attempedly raped by a guy that hide in our van,  She is still dealing with the effects of this violent episode to this day!!

Now here is the kicker...the courts only charged the guy with misdomener assult [b]just because he was drunk at the time!![/b].  He only spent 3 months in county jail plus 3 years probation!!  The courts here in California consider being drunk as a form of being temperarily insane!!  Now after the guy got out he continued to visit/call/bother my wife for a year until she finally confronted him with a Russian M44.

So my point is that I agree there are mentally sick people out there, but that should change the way we punish them for crimes committed. And the reason why is because there are to many level of mental sickness for a judge/jury to take into considation.  Hell, anyone that plans and kills someone else is mentally sick one way or another, because killing humans just is not normal!! And who can judge the degree of mental illness of any particular individual anyways??

So at a minimum she should get life without parol...maybe even the death penalty.  And IMHO the death penality is not about detering crime as much as it is about getting "closure" for the victoms friends and family.  Ask anyone that has gone thru a violent crime and they will agree with my opinion.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 4:25:15 AM EDT
[#5]
It always amazes me how we try so desperately to 'make sense' out of a [b]senseless[/b] killing.

We will probably never know the answers to most of the questions that are being asked.

What we do know is that a woman with a past history of mental instability, has carried out the worst imaginable crime - the cold-blooded killing of her own children.

Does the fact that she is mentally ill (as only a mother who would commit such a crime could be)
mean that she should not be held responsible for the crime?

Of course not, but consider the diminished capacity of a woman who has basically been pregnant for eight of the last nine years, who has been clinically diagnosed as depressed, who has been on and then off of psychotropic drug cocktails over the last two years the side effects of which cannot be fully understood or explained by the very physicians who prescribe them, and yet, who has been identified by neighbors as a loving and caring mother.

As a parent, you must be aware of the dangers that are present in our brave new world, but a mother gone insane and killing her own children is a threat that is at least as old as the Greek tragedy [i][b]Medea[/b][/i] by Euripides in the Fifth Century B.C.!!!

Sometimes the worst enemies are those of your own household.

Eric The(EverVigilant)Hun[>]:)]

Link Posted: 6/23/2001 4:43:16 AM EDT
[#6]
It doesn't get any worse than a mother slowly, methodically killing her own children.  That is pure, unadulterated evil in my opinion.  Some people say no punishment was bad enough for Timothy McVeigh.....well, 10 deaths by lethal injection is too good for this mother.

I am not a proponent of the death penalty and I hate to say this, but I'd gladly throw the switch on this lady.

In the end it'll be up to the Big Guy what her fate will be (as it should be), but my vote goes for "rot in Hell."
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 6:45:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I couldn't read the stories in the news media about the murders it was just too awful that this demon could do such a henious act.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 9:34:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Hmmm, let's see...
5 young lives, gone forever...
3 years or more to go to trial, if ever...
experts for both sides$$$...
appeals...
impact on the mental health of all OTHER family members...
stigma of even knowing this woman...
big media event...
passion and compassion...
a little soul searching from all who consider this tragedy...
easy answers...
NO.
Could I be unbiased enough to sit on the jury...
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I consider it to be MURDER, plain and simple and find no excuse...depression, postpartum or mental illness.
[X] [X]
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 9:50:51 AM EDT
[#9]
You are all screwed.

You want to give the state more power, in fact the absolute power of killing it's citizens.  Crazy.  You know for a fact, each one of you, that sooner or later they will extend that power to cover crimes as heinous as this one to crimes like keeping your AR loaded.  Do not give the government the power to kill.

With that said, I am all for the aggrived parties to have at her, in this case it would be the husband.  Seems like he is sticking by her, so the desire for blood will not be fulfilled.  Sorry.

Post-partum depression is as bad as it gets for some women.  No excuse, just a fact.  Think of this, say you have two young daughters, and were barricaded in a house, with a gang of attila-the-hun-wannabes outside, you had no weapons but a revolver with two rounds left in it, and no hope for escape, would you let your two daughters fall into the gangs hands?  Post-partum depression is alot like that fellas.  

Think about it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 10:03:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, since a bathtub was used in a crime, maybe Brady and all of them anti gunners will come up with another law to.... outlaw bathtubs?
I wonder how will a post ban bathtub would look like..Sorry I couldn't help it.  She must die by lethal injection on national TV!!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 10:42:18 AM EDT
[#11]
I personally feel that there is a special place in hell for people who hurt kids.  And dogs.

I work in a small emergency room in southeastern KY, and I have seen several kids injured/abused, and a couple killed, because of post-partum depression.  Now, I am not saying she did or didn't know what she was doing, or I believe any of the PC talk, or the psycho-babble.  I think what she did was evil, it was wrong, she betrayed the biggest tabboo: she killed her children.

But, it happens.  Daily.  Maybe repeated exposure to it has kinda hardened me to bad shit like this, but when I heard about it, I thought, "Poor kids.  What an evil bitch."  On a positive, revenge kinda note, Texas ain't shy about their capital punishment, are they?
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 2:29:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 2:38:27 PM EDT
[#13]
She chased down her kids, with the full intent to kill.  She confessed to the police.

I like Cleatus' idea of cementing the feet, then chunking her into a river.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 9:36:15 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm glad that TX has the death penalty so that deserving people such as this can get what's coming to them. Instead of having them rot in jail while we pay an avg of 32K a year for them to sit there.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top