User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2001 8:56:23 AM EDT
www.washtimes.com/national/20010622-5627916.htm

Hope you can click on it. Take meds prior to reading
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 8:58:26 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]www.washtimes.com/national/20010622-5627916.htm[/url]

Not gonna get in an uproar about this.  This just shows that the whole thing about the Confederate flag was a joke.  The extremeists mostly succeeded in having it removed everywhere and the U.S. flag is the next target.  This is no surprise.  Once the U.S. flag is done away due to this, what's next?

"This flag represents the former colonies that enslaved our ancestors," says Tennessee state Rep. Henri Brooks. "And when this flag was designed, they did not have [black people] in mind."
View Quote

This sounds very much like the outcry against the Confederate flag.  Actually, I did not realize that any particular group was kept 'in mind' when the flag was designed, nor should they be.  This is the flag of the entire country.  Exactly what would a flag with 'black people in mind' look like?  To Cavvet, if this sounds like a racist remark, so be it.  I am just tired of every PC group coming up with a new 'cause' every few weeks.

Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:02:22 AM EDT
[#2]
From teh article -

[i]"Pledging allegiance to the flag, to me, is very hypocritical," Ms. Brooks said.
    She expressed amazement at the response to her statements.
    "When I try to give my side ... it seems like it always comes out wrong," Ms. Brooks says. "For this to be blown to the proportion it has been, it´s just taken me aback." [/i]

To bad it hadn't just taken her "away." To Cuba.

Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:03:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:06:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:07:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Excuse my language, but it must be nice not to give a fuck about anything. It must be nice not to get PISSED OFF when people burn the American Flag, piss on the Constitution, assault the heritage of our (once) great country, and it must be nice not to get even more PISSED to see people in foreign lands burn our flags, pictures of our President after we just finished feeding their foul mouths.

Ignorance is bliss, and I am afraid it will only get worse. I wish I was alive at a time when "americans" knew what it was like to be an American.

I'm going to shut up and take my medication now before I really get pissed.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:10:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:11:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Larry thanks for making my post readable, I'm a computer IDIOT.

I just don't think we are responsible for something somebody else did a couple lifetimes ago. My family came over on a boat just most everybody else. Most of the original slave owners / trafficers are DEAD PEOPLE now.

GET OVER IT!

Now I gotta go take some more BP meds...
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:12:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Tell them to get the Hell outta the country then cause I dont wanna hear it.  Cant they get it through their heads that they are sturing up things that are in the past.  Hell none of them were alive for that so they should just shut up.

And what they are not thinking is that that flag represents Freedom and Liberty.  Sure maybe it had its problems in the begining.  What they gonna want next to get rid of the British flag lets start naming countries that had slaves.  I dont see any of them gripping about it.

Do they not remember that that it was under a flag like that one that a battle over the freedom that they have now came at the cost of millions of men's lives.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:18:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I love how she so eagerly exercises her First Amendment rights, without showing any respect for a symbol of the nation that grants her that right.

Bitch , thanks for letting everyone know how you feel and don't beg for sympathy when your little drama backfires on you!

Edited 4 gramma'  
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:23:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ignorance is bliss, and I am afraid it will only get worse. I wish I was alive at a time when "americans" knew what it was like to be an American.
View Quote

AMEN!
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:23:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Most of the original slave owners / trafficers are DEAD PEOPLE now.

GET OVER IT!

View Quote

And more to the point, MOST of the slave traders / sellers were BLACKS.

Warring factions of African tribes would SELL thier defeated foes to "middle men" who would then sell them all over the world.

A recent article by Joseph Sobran pointe out that America purchased only about 5% of the slaves sold.

Two points emerge -

1. I'd say its time to put some of the blame where it belongs - on those Trbal blacks. They got rich off selling their "brothers." Sorry, but those are the facts.

2. With America being one of the smaller players in the slave trade, WHY is America the ONLY nation being bashed as "racist??" I'll tell ya why - the racism issue is MERELY a foothold for America haters. They don't ACTUALLY care about blacks NEARLY as much as they just hate America.

If you want to see REAL racism, go to Israel or any Arab nation.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:26:01 AM EDT
[#12]
She has had  offers from many in the Memphis area to provide her with a one-way ticket to any other country of her choosing. To my knowledge, she hasn't accepted any of them.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:30:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
She has had  offers from many in the Memphis area to provide her with a one-way ticket to any other country of her choosing. To my knowledge, she hasn't accepted any of them.
View Quote

Lets put her, Hillary, Schummer, Feinstsein (sp?), et. al. on the same slow boat to China. Maybe the Nazi Wolfpacks are still lurking out there?
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:39:38 AM EDT
[#14]
I wish I could go back in time and live the real american dream that once was. I see our country going to hell in a hand basket real quick. I want to know where it will end up? Is it going to be a cross of russia/nazi germany/america. Where are we going? How can a country survive if everyone hates the other?  How can we survive if everyone hates what the other believes? I think if this country doesn't get back to the heritage of what it was(GOD) we will fall. The founding fathers did there best and it was up to the next generation to continue the legacy. But I think we have failed. It is like a child taking over a family business when the parents die and they run a 40 year old company into the ground in less then 5 years. I think that is where we are going. Very sad. God help us all!
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:49:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Mind-fucked people like her make me want to buy more guns.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:49:53 AM EDT
[#16]
As a Canadian Citizen and a permanent U.S. resident I said the pledge of alligiance all through school. I was eleigible for the draft like anyone else who turned 18 in the U.S. and would have served if called.  FUCK this worthless bitch! She being born here feels she shouldn't have alligiance to the same country she is a politician for???  If you are not for your country why, or how, in the hell do you end up in politics??  She should lose her seat automatically and be banned from any governmental position, especially since she doesn't even support that government!  This is just another great example of the crappy politicians "we" elect.  "We" need to be more careful!
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:56:30 AM EDT
[#17]
This is my favorite line from the story.

"He approached me in a master-slave type manner," she says.
View Quote

Give me a f*cking break!
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 10:15:47 AM EDT
[#18]
"This flag represents the former colonies that enslaved our ancestors," says Tennessee state Rep. Henri Brooks. "And when this flag was designed, they did not have [black people] in mind."
View Quote

C'mon now... wasn't the original flag sewn from [i]cotton[/i]?? [:P]

Disclaimer: This may seem like a joke in poor taste but this whole thing is friggin' silly. [rolleyes]

Link Posted: 6/22/2001 10:24:40 AM EDT
[#19]
"And when this flag was designed, they did not have [black people] in mind."
View Quote

You got that right they forgot to put the CHICKEN LEG in the upper left corner.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 11:30:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top