Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 6/22/2001 7:41:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/22/2001 8:24:40 AM EDT by Sixtus]
Has anyone had any experience with the Magnum Research Baby Eagle? The compact looks like a nice piece. I demand all metal with a traditional ignition system, I believe this pistol fits the bill. I haven't seen one though, except on their web site and Gun Digest. Thanks for your comments.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 8:03:59 AM EDT
It's a good one. The bluing is not first class (easy to get scratch) but the compact size gun is quite accurate. It is a bit on the heavy side like the Galil. Get the 13 rds hi cap mags from CDNN. I like it. It fits my hand quite nicely. Field stripping for cleaning is also a bit tricky too. It is a slight awkward if you don't get use to it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 8:22:57 AM EDT
My colleague has one. It is a decent play gun. It is easy to shoot accurately because it has a super light trigger, feels like less than a pound. Of course this means that if your technique is off, you can get the odd double tap into the ceiling of the range. Reliability is decent, it only suffers a feed/extraction failure about once every other mag. He bought it because it was relatively inexpensive and he liked the way it fit his hand.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 8:58:25 AM EDT
I was looking at the polymer compact in .40 S&W. Anyone have any comments on that?
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 10:30:04 AM EDT
I didn't know that they made a polymer Baby Eagle. I have a full sized .40. Never had a jam, my only complaint would be the trigger. It was a little rough at first, I dremmeled the trigger guide smooth and it got better. But I've been out of the loop, maybe they improved the overall trigger pull. I got mine about 10 years ago. You can use CZ mags in them which is a plus. I believe that CZ America took over the license and support for the Baby Eagles and Jerico's. The ergomics are great, it's basically a CZ-75 clone but with a polygonal barrel and full length slide.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 12:02:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Sodie: I didn't know that they made a polymer Baby Eagle. ....I believe that CZ America took over the license and support for the Baby Eagles and Jerico's.
View Quote
Well I just got back from the gun shop that has a polymer compact IMI "UZI Eagle" as they are called. It was overpriced, but heck, I got to mess with it. Light, feels good, looks like a P-99 in size and feel. I like it. Magnum Research is now the IMI/UZI importers in the US as far as I know. I'm going to have to get one of these...
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 1:42:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 3:25:09 PM EDT
The last I heard Tonfoglio made them for IMI.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 8:40:30 PM EDT
ive fired one and i liked it just think of it its as a mini Desert eagle
Top Top