Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 10:14:03 PM EDT
[#1]
This is one topic that won't be forgotten for a very long time.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 10:19:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Mole Eye,

Are you sort of starting to think that maybe this thread was ill-advised?  To me, this is right up there with a couple of the replies to the "Should troops carry two AR uppers" thread.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 12:36:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Your armor will work. Trust me, it will.

The French are idiots, so please do not follow their example.
View Quote

Oh Boy !  A European nation has been mentioned.  The countdown the LOCKED begins!

(IMHO -- the French are NOT idiots. They are SMELLY idiots!)
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 12:43:58 AM EDT
[#4]
What 7-11 are you guys going to?
The one in east Baghdad, or downtown Baghdad?
There should be one closer that that for ya's.
Unless you like the challenge, I guess.
Don't get caught shop-lifting..........they get pretty cranky.

[bounce][bounce][;)][heavy][;)][:)]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 12:55:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's a safer way to do it:
Have your wife hit you in the chest with a Golf Club as hard as she can. Preferably a Nine Iron contacting with the point of the club.(Don't wear the vest it won't hurt as much) Wear a Squirt gun and after she whacks you try to get a Squirt off. Good Luck...

trying it your way...Well...It would suck to find out that you had a defective vest that way...
Also a tough one for your Wife to explain to the Insurance Company, And police...
"Oh well, he asked me to shoot him..."

John
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 2:39:16 AM EDT
[#6]
what a moroon.i wish she would test it for you and shoot a bit high.you know a head shot.what a dweeeeb.get a life.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 3:51:23 AM EDT
[#7]
For a true test of the vest you need to do a comparison of the trauma while wearing it and while not wearing the vest.

This is the industry-accepted procedure. In addition to your wife you'll need a friend to help you out.

1. While wearing the vest have her shoot you several times with various loads from 3 to 5 ft away.

2. Remove the vest and inspect for any trauma or bullet penetration. Circle any wounds with a magic marker.  

3. Have your wife shoot you again with the same rounds as before with the vest removed. Re-inspect for trauma. Circle any wounds with a different color magic marker.

4. Have your friend help your wife drag you over to your favorite recliner and prop you up in it. Relax and open a can of your favorite ice cold brewski while waiting for the paramedics to arrive.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 3:57:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
what a moroon.i wish she would test it for you and shoot a bit high.you know a head shot.what a dweeeeb.get a life.
View Quote

I, sir, am no moroon.
In fact, my wife has agreed to wear the vest after reading many of the positive responses to this idea. I will post the results at a later date.

Link Posted: 6/22/2001 4:23:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Mole Eye:

I, sir, am no moroon.
In fact, my wife has agreed to wear the vest after reading many of the positive responses to this idea. I will post the results at a later date.

View Quote

ok, you may not be a "moroon" - but this is one of the stupidest IDEAS i have ever heard. and now you have HER convinced to wear the vest??? listen, your stupid idea should only endanger YOURSELF!!! think about pointing a loaded gun at your wife....think about it!!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 4:26:41 AM EDT
[#10]
...just thinning the herd.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 4:33:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Darn it.

I guess this proves evolution and survival of the fittest is true.

To Mr. and Mrs. MoleEye-

Please do NOT reproduce BEFORE trying this stunt.

Its OK to clean out your OWN gene pool. Its NOT okay to contaminate the rest of the world's.

Link Posted: 6/22/2001 4:39:50 AM EDT
[#12]

I, sir, am no moroon.

[/quote]

Again, bad idea. Besides everything else numerous folks listed, shooting your wife, even with her consent, even while wearing a vest, would probably qualify as a felony domestic violence assault. I don't know Florida law, but in most states, the prosecutor can and will file charges without the victim's cooperation. And would in this case, to set an example. Do not do this if you want to keep your guns. Or the vest for that matter. Many states have adopted laws prohibiting convicted felons from owning body armor.

If you do this, they will nail you to the wall.
You will get no sympathy from a jury, the police, prosecutors or the general public. This will make gun owners look bad, and you will give the antis ammunition. This is a very, very bad idea.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 4:51:11 AM EDT
[#13]
I, sir, am no moroon.

View Quote

1) I hope you are a good shot.

2) I can't believe your wife actually is agreeing to this.

3) She is going to be pissed afterwards because it's going to hurt like hell.[kill]

And finally

4) You two are both morons...[wacko]

And I don't say that lightly because I hate insulting people and I have done plenty of stupid things during my own life, but after I have my wife read this topic she is going to think I am a freaking genius!!

sgtar15

PS And after you do this, please don't try it with a rifle round.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 4:54:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Your "wife" actually agreed to this?  

Okay, everyone seems shy about it, so I'll go ahead and toe the line of flamage.  I can't be the only person wondering this; Mole Eye, are you actually old enough to own firearms let alone be married?  Besides providing a lot of amusement, you're certainly yanking the chains of many well meaning people.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 4:56:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I, sir, am no moroon.
View Quote

I don't believe this. This has got to be an HCI troll post.

If not, read on.....

"Every day some new do-gooder is trying to save us from ourselves.  We have
so many laws and safety commissions to ensure our safety that it seems
nearly impossible to have an accident. The problem is that we need
accidents, and lots of them.

"Danger is nature's way of eliminating stupid people. Without safety,
stupid people die in accidents . . .

"With safety, however well-intentioned it may be, we are devolving into
half-witted mutants, because idiots, who by all rights should be dead, are
spared from their rightful early graves and are free to breed even more
imbeciles.

"Let's do away with safety and improve our species. Take up smoking.
Jaywalk.  Play with blasting caps.  Swim right after a big meal.  Stick
something small in your ear.  Take your choice of dangerous activity and do
it with gusto. Future generations will thank you."

By Lawrence A. Bullis of Phoenix to The Arizona Republic, as reprinted in
Harper's

Link Posted: 6/22/2001 5:03:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Amen,

Everytime I read a story about some genius doing "backyard wrestling", or lighting himself on fire ala "jackass". It makes me smile.
...just thinning the herd.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 5:13:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
"With safety, however well-intentioned it may be, we are devolving into
half-witted mutants, because idiots, who by all rights should be dead, are
spared from their rightful early graves and are free to breed even more
imbeciles.

"Let's do away with safety and improve our species. Take up smoking.
Jaywalk.  Play with blasting caps.  Swim right after a big meal.  Stick
something small in your ear.  Take your choice of dangerous activity and do
it with gusto. Future generations will thank you."

By Lawrence A. Bullis of Phoenix to The Arizona Republic, as reprinted in
Harper's

View Quote

Other than the fact that the author forgot "running with scissors" I agree with the general idea.

Its basic evolutionary theory.

What slays me is they your average evolutionist finds abortion OK, even though the next improvement of the species may be slaughtered, but they want every dang idiot to be immune from his own stupidity, to reproduce and further contaminate the gene pool.

MASSIVE contradiction, IMO.

Oh, and another thing - take the "HOT" warning off the McDonalds coffee cups. And ENCOURAGE people to perch it in their crotch.

[}:D]

Link Posted: 6/22/2001 5:59:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Moleman:

ROTFLMAO!  Great comedy thread.  I can't believe that people thought you were serious.  

Of course, if you were serious, you should be a man and shoot yourself.  The guy who owns Second Chance body armor just to shoot himself to prove the quality of his products.  Of course he owns the factory and can replace the vest immediately.  Hard to get a proper grip on the gun and point it at yourself.  Don't hit a seam.  

Have some pity on your wife and leave a note so the cops don't arrest her when the medics come to pick up your body.

Link Posted: 6/22/2001 6:00:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Well guys, as long as he's got that test pilot mentality, here's a list of other equipment for him to test:

1.  I have a brand new parachute made out of a king-size cottom bedsheet, kite string, and a bookbag that needs either HALO or HAHO testing.

2.  My vet just developed a rectal thermometer for a cape buffalo.  It needs live field testing.

3.  Emerson has developed a new "water scrubber" rebreather.  Looks like a snorkel that filters O2 straight from the water.  It needs testing... down to 500 feet.

4.  NASA is looking for a volunteer to fast-rope out of the Shuttle.

Seriously, even if your wife did "agree" to your dumbass vest test, you [b]are[/b] subject to prosecution under domestic violence laws.  A prosecutor doesn't need a complaint for that.  When you are shot in a vest, you [b]will[/b] need medical attention.

This guy can't be for real.  [rolleyes]  

-SARguy
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 6:12:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Or maybe just stand on MLK Blvd. at 02:00 and shout "DAVID DUKE FOR PRESIDENT!", that should be a pretty realistic test.
Any "Super Dave Osborne" fans out there? This may seem familiar to them....
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 6:15:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Mole Eye,   If your wife won't shoot you, you may need a new wife.   I'm sure my wife would shoot me, given the chance!

On a more serious note:   I have a tape called "Deadly Weapons" which primarily shows the effects and differences of various rifle and pistol shots.  In one segment a person  shoots a revolver into his own chest  to test a vest,  as I recall he is jolted a bit but not too bad,  I also recall him slipping a phone book under the vest to dissapate some of the point impact.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 6:53:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Not that I'm recommending any of this to our own Mole Eye, but has anyone ever heard of Richard Davis?  He's the guy who developed and sells Second Chance body armor.  His original marketing technique was to demonstrate the vest to a bunch of cops by shooting himself with a .357Mag.  He'd take one bullet from each cop to show them that he wasn't using wuss loads, spin the cylinder, reverse the revolver and shoot himself in the (vest covered) abdomen.  

He would then shoot the other five rounds at some target to show his customers that they could take a round and shoot back.  On one occasion, the targets were some old bowling pins from a junk heap.  The cops were more interested in shooting the bowling pins than in his vest, so he also started the game of bowling pin shoots.  He runs the Second Chance Pin Shoot in Michigan every summer.

He's quite a character.  He has made videos of shooting tings that typically explode in Hollywood movies, like car gas tanks, tires on moving vehicles, etc.  He claims over 500 cops' lives saved and has video of those individuals re-enacting or at least talking about the incidents.  He also says he's probably been shot more than anyone else alive.  One of his videos was to dispel "knockdown power"  He finished up the scene by being shot in the chest with a .308 while hopping on one foot.  Yes, he used a very good trauma plate and, no he didn't get knocked over.

An amazing guy.  I wouldn't want to try some of the stuff he does routinely.

Again, not that I'm recommending anyone try this themselves.

Norm
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 7:08:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Hey Mole Eye,
Is your wife hot, maybe she will need a date for your funeral huh, what do you think.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 8:14:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Mole Eye,

Are you sort of starting to think that maybe this thread was ill-advised?  To me, this is right up there with a couple of the replies to the "Should troops carry two AR uppers" thread.
View Quote

LMAO!

Mole:  If you get your wife to fire at your vest with you wearing it, and IF you survive, then maybe for your next trick you could balance an apple on your head and have her fire at that too.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 8:19:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Mole eye, you're a wuss.  Jesus.  Be a man and get someone to fire .454 Casull at you.  Puts hair on your chest.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 8:25:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 8:39:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:45:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Give Duane Thomas a call and ask him how to do it.....  I saw a video of him shooting himself and it's one of the funniest things I've ever seen.  After a 5 minute build up he shoots himself about 4 inches below his sternum, the look on his face is utter disbelief, his left leg jerks up in protective reflex and he's dancing around on one foot trying to talk but nothing comes out. The guy with him then tells him he should have put a telephone book behind the vest.  ROTFLMFAS [rolleyes][smash]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 10:04:28 AM EDT
[#29]
The concept for Second Chance® soft concealable body armor was conceived in a dark alley on Detroit’s far west side on a summer night over a quarter century ago. Richard Davis, owner of a small local pizzeria, was making a delivery when he was attacked and shot. Davis returned fire wounding two of his three attackers. ...   Davis realized the law enforcement community needed his new invention the most. The next hurdle was to convince the streetwise cop that this soft ballistic panel would stop bullets.
           [red]Davis did this in dramatic fashion by performing live shooting demonstrations on his own torso to prove his soft body armor invention worked.[/red] Law enforcement walked away from these demonstrations truly believing that Richard Davis "stood behind" his bullet resistant products. The first Second Chance® "save" was Detroit undercover street cop, Gary Boiger, who wasn’t shot, but stabbed in his Model "X" armor. The first shooting "save" was Detroit officer Ron Jagielski, when in 1973 his Model "Y" stopped a .38 slug.
View Quote

From [url]www.secondchance.com[/url]

Don't kow what Duane Thomas' problem was.  Davis only used the phone book trick when he shot himself with .44 Mag & above.

Norm
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 12:50:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Post the results....hmmm.  Such as:

1. She fell back unconscious.
2. When she finally woke up, she kicked me in the nuts.
3. She said no more sex for at least 6 months.
4. Sleeping on the couch sucks.
5. I hate eating leftovers.
6. What does she mean, call her lawyer?
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 3:34:32 PM EDT
[#31]
No, wait, wait!! Wait til I get there, I wanna get all this on tape.

Anyway, we know this is a hoax post.  I don't know anybody's wife that wouldn't jump at the opportunity to pump a few rounds into the old man and then tell the cops very innocently "Why, he asked me to do it, and I just don't know [i]nothin[/i] about these l'l ole things!"
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 3:53:12 PM EDT
[#32]
I hope you're kidding us right, right now you're laughing your ass of behind the puter.

One of the biggest dangers when wearing a vest is the bullet entering alongside the vest into the armpit. Seen these wounds and the results.

Sure a vest will definitely increase your chances of survival when hit. But like a salesment of second chance vests once said.

You'd just have to trust us, or we pay for your funeral.

Kuiper
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:46:25 AM EDT
[#33]
This is discouraging...
View Quote

Good.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 10:04:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 11:45:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Where is Gecko 45 when you need serious advice from an experienced urban warrior? [:)]
View Quote

Ed, this guy is Gecko 45.

Welcome back Gecko!  Haven't seen you haunt the self defense/ concealed carry room at www.shooters.com .  If you show up I promise not to tell.

Godspeed
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 11:53:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
and now for this years winner of the darwin award......
View Quote

That was my first thought!  [whacko][whacko]
View Quote

Seems to be the general census...

Mole,

Do you think your wife would look good behind bars? Innocent people go to jail all the time because of our messed up judicial system. Do you think "the nut case wanted me to shoot him to try out his body armour" would hold up in a murder trial and keep your wife out of the pen!?!

I don't think so!
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 12:00:44 PM EDT
[#37]
This is kind of OT.

Anyone ever see the guy that is developing bear-proof armor?  The Discovery Channel did a story on this guy and the development of his armor.  Testing included dropping cider block on lines from trees and impacts from a truck.  It was the funniest thing I have seen.  I highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 12:22:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Is this for real?

I think I'm going to run my jeep into a tree on the way home.
I want to see if my seatbelt  works.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top