Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2001 4:32:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 4:35:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Great job Sweep!  Keep up the good work!
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 4:45:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Great job Sweep!  Keep up the good work!
View Quote

Ditto!!!

Fantastic, also, that he had a mother that would let you say such things.

Good Job Sweep!!!
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 4:46:14 PM EDT
[#3]
..a seed has been planted.

Keep checking on it to see if it grows well.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 4:47:53 PM EDT
[#4]
No doubt Sweep.
Motherfuckers like you who are out there hitting the bricks and spreading the word are so god damn important to the cause, that it isn't even funny.

Nice dude

[beer]
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 4:48:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

his older brother had this plan for a world where everyone would work for the betterment of others and if you refused to do so you would be shot.

View Quote

OBTW.. I think we know who the next Joe Stalin will be. LOL
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 4:59:41 PM EDT
[#6]
The problem is we give credence to what a 12 year old (or 14 year old) says, like the nimrods might have a clue as to what is needed for this world.

We wouldn't want to hurt their self esteem by laughing in their faces...
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#8]
So true Sweep.
I remember a thread on Shooters.com a L_O_N_G time ago where this kid with the screen name c2s  pretty much said "I am (19 or 20) and NOBODY EVER LISTENS TO MY GENERATION about RKBA"...

And all the old coots did was laugh at him.
It was a pathetic display.
Sure, he was blunt, and honest about what he saw (Kinda like me sometimes)- But they just ridiculed him.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 6:03:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 6:07:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 6:08:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

his older brother had this plan for a world where everyone would work for the betterment of others and if you refused to do so you would be shot.

View Quote

OBTW.. I think we know who the next Joe Stalin will be. LOL
View Quote

Damn Johnnie, that is what I was thinking.  That is the way old Joseph did it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 8:02:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Unfortunately, all the rest of you guys are right. Somehow, somewhere the brother got the notion (Joseph Stalin Technique) is the way the world should be.

It is up to ALL of us to educate the young ones on what they really should know. You know, the stuff they don't teach in schools anymore.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 5:09:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Some kids have a different way of looking at the world than us old timers (i'm 51), but don't give up on them. When my son was 12 or 13 they were learning about Communists. He told me he thought it sounded good. They taught them in school that the government would take care of all your needs whether you worked or not. They would give you a job for life and a house and you didn't have to worry about anything. This wasn't in a liberal big city school but a small town Oklahoma school with a total enrollment of about 300. The good news is, he is 27 now and sees life like an adult and knows you usually get what you earn. Turned out pretty well. They just need a little guidance along the way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top