Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2001 2:22:25 PM EDT
Damn fine music by Queensryche.  Serious guys, this is one of the best albums I've ever heard, go out and buy it used or something.  You like rock?  You'll love this.  Plus, for you tin foil guys will love the revolution theme.  Any other comments on this awesome album?

[):)]
NSF
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 2:25:10 PM EDT
[#1]
One comment...
[IMG]http://www.jps.net/badzorak/MattCombat.jpg[/IMG]
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 2:29:26 PM EDT
[#2]
McUzi have you heard Operation:Mindcrime?  I'm serious, this is the BEST music I have ever heard, it's a concept album about a brainwashed man hired to assasinate politicians during a revolution and his love for Sister Mary.  It's incredible.  

NSF
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 2:31:59 PM EDT
[#3]
[IMG]http://www.echoesmedia.com/refurbpics/Jojo2.jpg[/IMG]
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#4]
That's the best one yet, i printed it out and it's hanging on my fridge.  damn that's good.

NSF
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 2:33:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Jojo, I got it, its probably queensryche's best album... love 'eyes of a stanger', great song..

[b]REVOLUTION![/b]

Link Posted: 6/21/2001 2:34:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
McUzi have you heard Operation:Mindcrime?  I'm serious, this is the BEST music I have ever heard, it's a concept album about a brainwashed man hired to assasinate politicians during a revolution and his love for Sister Mary.  It's incredible.  

NSF
View Quote

Hmm..
Never really gotten into them before..

But I do own like 300 CD's, so I am a total music junkey...
If it's that good, i'll check it. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 6:02:42 PM EDT
[#7]
If you can appreciate both cd's of The Wall straight through, then you should really like this one.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 8:43:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Mindcrime and The Wall are my two "Must Haves" for any road trip I'm taking alone. I can listen as loud as I want and sing along without getting yelled at by anybody.  :-)

On the same note: Has anyone ever bought an Audio Book on CD for Road Trips? How are they?

Shorty

"Religion and sex are powerplays
Manipulate the people for the money they pay
Selling skin, selling God
The numbers look the same on their credit cards"
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 8:44:14 PM EDT
[#9]
One more to get the songs going in your head. . .

"Even in death
You still look sad
Don't leave me
Don't leave me...here
I want what you feel, believe me
Turn the current on"
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#10]
My all-time favorite CD ever.

ronnie
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 9:06:02 PM EDT
[#11]
By the way, if anyone is interested in MP3s of the Queensryche Unplugged from MTV, let me know.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 2:10:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Mindcrime is the last Queensryche album that I think was great - Empire started them on what I consider to be a downhill slide. That's not saying Empire isn't good, though - it's just not great. If you haven't heard their Rage For Order album, listen to it - it goes so well with Mindcrime you'd almost think they meant it that way (and maybe they did!)

"Please take my hand
Don't be afraid
I am your master
You are my slave"
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 5:52:46 AM EDT
[#13]
awesome album!!!!!
Shorty do you have "lady wore black" mp3 from unplugged. that was one of the only "unplugged" i ever watched. killer!!!!!!

Ten p.m., I feel the rain coming down
My face feels wet, my mind the storm
Flashing lights as people race
To find shelter from the pour
Moving silent through the streets
They're mine, they're mine
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 6:31:15 AM EDT
[#14]
most excellent album and really good live....on the subject of MP3's- I recieved for my birthday a RIO Volt Cd player that will play mp3 directly off of the CD. Can you say 140 songs in a row?
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 6:47:20 AM EDT
[#15]
I just listened to it.

To each his own, I guess...

...but if I'm not mistaken, that sounds to me like some VERY corny 80's Hair-Metal.

ala:

Ratt
Whitesnake
Skid Row
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 6:50:20 AM EDT
[#16]
I used to trust the media to tell me the truth
that was the truth
Now I see the payoffs everywhere I look
Who can you trust when everones a crook
Revolution calling
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 6:53:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Mindcrime is a great album.

Unfortunately, Queensryche is Anti.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 8:25:32 AM EDT
[#18]
If those guys had any idea how much their work is appreciated by the gun nuts they'd be horrified.
 It's a great album, as is Rage for Order.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 8:28:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Hey, NSFJOJO, where in Nevada do you live? I'm in Wellington, 5 miles from Lake Topaz.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Major Murphy:
I just listened to it.

...but if I'm not mistaken, that sounds to me like some VERY corny 80's Hair-Metal.

ala:

Ratt
Whitesnake
Skid Row
View Quote

The only difference is Queensryche writes intelligent lyrics. I put them in a league with Iron Maiden (although Maiden is WAY better both lyrically and musically IMO), and not very many other metal bands are in their class.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 2:47:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Saw them live for that tour (plus 2 more times) and went backstage before the show. I got my mindcrime box set autographed. They kicked our asses that night in Houston. Time for another shot.....I just remember doing what they told me told me told me.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 3:07:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Major Murphy:
I just listened to it.

ala:

Ratt
Whitesnake
Skid Row
[/quote)

You have to listen carefuly to the words. The message is appropriate given the state of "Big Brother" in this country today.

"AND FREEDOM SHALL RING OUT ACROSS THE LAND"
[sniper]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
[IMG]http://www.echoesmedia.com/refurbpics/Jojo2.jpg[/IMG]
View Quote

BUT BUT BUT - Where's Waldo?

[:D]

Link Posted: 6/22/2001 4:34:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hey, NSFJOJO, where in Nevada do you live? I'm in Wellington, 5 miles from Lake Topaz.
View Quote

Outside of Reno in the vallies.  Won't name which one cause I think the feds are on to me.
The smokey bandit strikes again.

NSF
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 8:09:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Here's the info I got with the files. . .

Artist: Queensryche
Date: 4/27/92
Loc:    Hollywood - MTV Studios

Quality: A/A-

Notes:

This is the raw audio of Queensryche's 1992 MTV Unplugged taping, directly from the
soundboard.  You'll notice multiple takes of some songs and also tunes that
didn't appear on the show MTV aired.  The highlight of this show, without a
doubt, is only the second "Anybody Listening?" ever.  It also turned out to
be the final time this song was played live (which is very unfortunate).  

Setlist:  

Disc 1 of 1
~~~~~~~~~~~
1.  I Will Remember (Take 1)
2.  The Killing Words
3.  Della Brown
4.  Silent Lucidity (Take 1)
5.  Scarborough Fair (Take 1)
6.  The Lady Wore Black
7.  I Will Remember (Take 2)
8.  Scarborough Fair (Take 2)
9.  Silent Lucidity (Take 2)
10. Anybody Listening? (Take 1)
11. Anybody Listening? (Take 2)
12. Rockin' in the Free World
13. Silent Lucidity (Take 3)

Shorty
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 8:50:15 PM EDT
[#26]
If you like Mindcrime, you should love Metropolis Pt 2: Scenes from a memory by Dream Theater. Not as technically over-the-top as some of their previous stuff, but still a little Floyd/Yes/Maiden in there. And it's a concept album like Mindcrime.

DO NOT MISS THIS ONE! Over a year after buying it I still don't like to take it out of my CD player.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 8:56:11 PM EDT
[#27]
whats it about?

smokey the bandit strikes again
NSF
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 5:26:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Metropolis Pt. 2 is about a guy who goes under hypnosis because he's haunted by a chick who got murdered; she was part of a love triangle. They make it sound like the men in this love triangle were brothers in the Kennedy family, but I've never really done the nitty-gritty analysis.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top