Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2000 11:16:24 PM EDT
I have been on the old forum and have run into a lot of wannabes. Are there some REAL patriots out there?  Who are not afraid to stand up and be counted for their principles?
Link Posted: 12/11/2000 10:05:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll stand up for my beliefs with you brother!

I believe in cold beer, a warm bed, regular hot meals and watching my kids grow up.
Link Posted: 12/20/2000 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Only if I'm not threatened in any real way by anyone.

[;D]
Link Posted: 12/20/2000 5:32:41 PM EDT
[#3]
What is your definition of Patriot.  I am a Patriot. that is why I serve my country. That is why I vote so my voice can be heard.  I obey the Laws that are passed by the people we elect.  I hear many say they are Patriots because they want the constitution to be returned to the way that it was when it was originally drafted.  Well, the authors of the constitution knew there were problems they could not forsee at that time so they added a way to ammend it.  That is how I stand up to be counted.  
If you are talking about the second ammendment, Don't get me wrong, I am for it as much as any other gun owner. But, One cannot be accused of not being a patriot because he won't go up in arms with someone who just won't follow the constitutional way of perserving his rights.  (sp)
Link Posted: 12/21/2000 6:00:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm with you Hbarshooter.
Link Posted: 12/23/2000 5:35:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I've still got the NRA BUSH sticker on my truck. I'm in Illinois so my pistol is in a fanny pack. What else do I have to do?
Link Posted: 1/10/2001 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#6]
pa·tri·ot (p³“tr¶-…t, -¼t”) n. One who loves, supports, and defends one's country.

na·tion·al·ism (n²sh“…-n…-l¹z”…m, n²sh“n…-) n. 1. Devotion to the interests or culture of a particular nation. 2. The belief that nations will benefit from acting independently rather than collectively, emphasizing national rather than international goals. 3. Aspirations for national independence in a country under foreign domination. --na“tion·al·ist n. --na”tion·al·is“tic adj. --na”tion·al·is“ti·cal·ly adv.

I have always thought of myself as the second
Link Posted: 1/13/2001 1:06:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I support my family and enjoy watching them live comfortably. I am a patriot.
Link Posted: 1/13/2001 2:42:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm a Pepper, you're a Pepper, would not you want to be a Pepper, too?

Dr. Pepper in the 1970s?
Link Posted: 1/18/2001 10:12:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I have been on the old forum and have run into a lot of wannabes. Are there some REAL patriots out there?  Who are not afraid to stand up and be counted for their principles?
View Quote

How exactly are you "standing up and being counted"? Maybe you should clear that up so we have some sort of yardstick to measure ourselves by.

Link Posted: 2/1/2001 10:46:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Ahr-men,
Count me in on the Patriot list.
Lynn
Link Posted: 2/1/2001 10:48:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wann.... mmmmm

Yeah...

Link Posted: 2/1/2001 10:54:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Wannabe what? Hell, I wannabe lots of things..I'd like to be 35 again[;)]

Fred762, LCDR, USNRet. Libertarian, Christian, Gun-owning Constitutionalist.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

"Neca eos omnes, Deus suos agnoscet"[-!-]
Link Posted: 2/1/2001 11:01:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, I served 4 years in the Air Force from 71 to 75.  I vote. I pay taxes.  I do my best to obey the law of the land. I've never taken a life, but I have saved a few.  I'm not a wannabe because I've been what I've had to be to live with myself.
Link Posted: 2/1/2001 11:01:20 AM EDT
[#14]
What M4 said. And who`s doing the counting? Not in Florida I hope.
Link Posted: 2/1/2001 11:16:53 AM EDT
[#15]
It is admirable to be vigilant, especially where our rights are concerned.  It is wise to be cautious, especially where someone's dogma is concerned.  Talk is cheap.  When the time comes to "stand up and be counted", those who [i]sincerely [/i]do so, will do so for only one reason.  That reason is as follows: [b]To do anything less would go against their grain.  Those who would rather die on their feet than live on their knees have no choice but to follow their nature.[/b]
Hopefully, it will never come to that.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2001 11:20:00 AM EDT
[#16]
I wanna... I wanna... I wanna...

I wanna know how to make all those animated smiliey faces...
Link Posted: 2/1/2001 11:35:50 AM EDT
[#17]
People in Hell want icewater, too! [-!-!-]
Just kidding Mr. P, no offense intended.
On this board you have to run Java script, then select Anim Legend
Link Posted: 2/1/2001 11:45:54 AM EDT
[#18]
David M,

Byte me... You no good... Dirty Dealing... Back Stabbing... Larcenous... Peverted Worm...

Ummmm....

I mean... Thanks!!

Link Posted: 2/1/2001 11:53:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Remember...Better dead than Red?
The democraps don't want you to think like that![:)] It actions not words that proves who the Patriots are. To all those that have served to provide us with liberty...Thanks! [beer]
Lynn
Link Posted: 2/1/2001 2:01:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Attention all big-talking "patriots."

There is no need to wait.  Step right up!  The time is now!  No need to wait another minute!

Are you a man of action?

Do you like to travel?  FOR FREE???

Worried about when The Shit Will Hit The Fan?

Don't wait!  Act now!

PUT UP OR SHUT UP!

Here's the deal; the same one as on the old boards:  Come on out to California, bring in a banned weapon, and Stand Up And Be Counted!  I and other California residents will gladly pitch in for a plane ticket out here to California.  Don't worry about the lodging;  that will be on the State, soon enough.  Just walk on up to the Capitol in Sacramento with your (unloaded) illegally imported AW and tell them that you defy them to violate your Second Amendment rights!  The poop will fly soon enough.  Your time has come!

[This post is not to be understood as criticizing those who have served in the Armed forces, or who have already [i]acted[/i] otherwise in patriotic fashion (this does not include the Freemen or the Republic of Texas types).  The veterans of the United States of America have my unending support and appreciation for their service.]
Link Posted: 2/1/2001 2:09:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/1/2001 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Cible: Interesting idea. We`d have to look to the NRA, CR&P, GOA. for support. But I for one would feel real naked without a few mags loaded in pockets in case the line gets crossed. There are others that would have loaded mags too and I can just imagine somebody would lose his cool. Guns/weapons in the hands of some can have a Rambo like effect. Good idea it just needs organizing and I really think guns at the courthouse would mean only one thing, the powers that be would be forced to enforce the law. What would happen?
I know thats the way to get media coverage like nobodys business.
BTW do you live here?  
Link Posted: 2/1/2001 2:34:16 PM EDT
[#23]
If a german was a patriot before the nazi's rise to power should the still be a patriot after their rise? does that make him no longer a patriot? i believe in the ideals that founded this country. if the government acts against those ideals are they still serving this nation patriotically because they write the laws?
Link Posted: 2/1/2001 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#24]
BILL OF 'RIGHTS"   VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW  [bd]
Link Posted: 2/1/2001 3:00:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Rick314;

No mags.  No way.  There is no reason to start any shooting.  That was not my objective.  To prevent shooting, the AW should be carried in a case, as innocuously as possible.  After that dude drove his truck into the Capitol, they have a right to be nervous.  Maybe the Patriot should even call the Capitol ahead of time, telling them what the Partiot intends to do, and that no violence is intended or threatened.  The cops do not want to shoot anybody, and they won't if they can get around it.  It would probably be a better idea to stage it at a motel or something, instead of the Capitol.  No matter where, I'm willing to pay my part towards the plane ticket to the brave Patriot who takes up my offer.  I have had this offer outstanding for months now, and no Patriots ever step up.

It turns out not to be such an interesting idea after all, apparently, since when presented with "Put Up Or Shut Up," the Patriots invariably weasel out and/or shut up.  As I expected. Nobody Wanstabe the first in line.  Some people Wannabe talking big, but when faced with The End Of Life Outside Of Jail As We Know It, they just Wannabe someone or somewhere else, apparently.  It's easy exhorting others to action.

And yes, I live in California.  I wanted to put Arkansas in my profile so it would show "AR" under my name, but I just couldn't do it.  It's the whole Clinton thing.  So, I put AK, which is next best.
Link Posted: 2/1/2001 3:26:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Money is cool but have you contacted any organization to get the word out. I`m not flaming you as my time is limited too, but what, other than this offer have you done?
Dont get me wrong I think the idea has merit, and will offer my help in contacting people or anything else you might need. Long journey`s, first step, kinda thing.
Link Posted: 2/1/2001 3:31:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Wannabe what? Hell, I wannabe lots of things..I'd like to be 35 again[;)]

Fred762, LCDR, USNRet. Libertarian, Christian, Gun-owning Constitutionalist.
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
"Neca eos omnes, Deus suos agnoscet"
View Quote

I don't know what all the Latin stuff means, but I love this post!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top