Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2001 12:44:53 PM EDT
Been thinking about taking the plunge to go full-auto. Can’t hold out anymore. There is no way I could afford to shell out thousands of dollars with my current financial situation so an M16 (or AK, grease gun, etc.) is out.
I was told by others at the range who have Class III to start out with an “entry-level” gun. One recommended the MAC 10 or 11 as an affordable option.
Please, someone either talk me into it, or talk me out of it.
Any opinions would be (as always) greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Coal-Cracker
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 12:49:36 PM EDT
[#1]
ya
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 12:52:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought the same way as you when I was considering it. Have wrote it off for the time being as wishful thinking. If your going to do it go AR. I don't know about MACs but I wanted an AM-180 (the .22 with the slide projector 275 rd rotating mag on top) and found out they were going for around 7k same as an AR and probably what you'll find the macs going for or even a $20 M3A1. with the AR as long as you get the reciever you've got dozens of different caliber choices too. Ohh I wish I had some money!

And if you think a mac-10 or am180 going for the same price as an AR is just NUTS, we all do, but remember your not paying for the weapon itself your paying for the fact somebody thought to put it on paper while they still could.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 12:52:33 PM EDT
[#3]
c'mon in, the water's nice! (couldn't resist)

GET A VECTOR UZI!!
great place to start. new gun, with a warranty!

i'm going m-i6 next.

[uzi]      [heavy]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 12:54:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

GET A VECTOR UZI!!
great place to start.
View Quote

Vector Uzi? What kind of cash are we talking here?
Like I said money is the determining factor. Not that I don't want to spend more, I just don't have it to spend.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 1:00:53 PM EDT
[#5]
mine was $2995. plus tax of course.

dont buy a piece of $hit, just because you can afford it now. there were a lot of hurriedly made "cheap" guns just before the ban. just like ar's, get your money's worth.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 1:03:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

GET A VECTOR UZI!!
great place to start.
View Quote

Vector Uzi? What kind of cash are we talking here?
Like I said money is the determining factor. Not that I don't want to spend more, I just don't have it to spend.
View Quote

Recently, a vast amount of Pre-86 Transferrable UZI recievers on form 4 hit the market. I believe they were "Group", but don't quote me.

Vector bought them all, built them up into unbelieveably nice high quality UZI fulls with D-Milled supplus components...

They are around $3k.....
And in 3 or 4 years, they will be $5K
and 3 years from then, they will be $10K...

There is a reasonable amount of the new Vectors out there now...so that's why they are so damn cheap...
I want one so bad I can taste it....
If I had the $$$, a Vector UZI would be my #1 purchase...
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 1:19:55 PM EDT
[#7]
For my next one I want an American 180.  I was thinking of getting a few cans, but they can wait.  I can hopefully buy cans anytime.  

The M16 is a great first Class 3 weapon.  Get different uppers and you can have multiple weapons.

Link Posted: 6/18/2001 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I shot a Vector UZI last Friday and I love it. It is definately on the got to have list now.

If you want to get in cheap you can't beat an SWD M11/9mm. You can find them for $1000 and it will be one of the funnest guns you own. It is THE cheapest MG and compared to preban ARs I consider them a good deal. There are millions of preban ARs out there but only 17,000 registered M11s and the M11 is cheaper.Plus the fun factor goes to the machinegun all day long. They are ultra reliable and very simple guns.

However, if you have the cash avilable I would opt for the Vector UZI. It is a tried and true battle tested tool, used by one of the finest armies in the world. It will definately appreciate faster than a MAC type weapon, plus you get the bonus of the factory warranty though you probably won't use it. They are well made and the fit and finish is as close to perfect as it comes. The going rate for these in about $3000 plus or minus a couple hundred and there are some good deals that include suppressors. Remember though with gun/suppressor that equals out to two transfer taxes.

There are several other good starter guns but these are two of the most popular. I suggest you go check out www.subguns.com and read the NFA ad board and the MG discussion board, you'll learn lots of neat things there and there are plenty of knowledgable people there that will help you with your questions.

Michael
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 1:45:35 PM EDT
[#9]
i thought i'd get a mac too.... untill i fired my buddy's.
waaay to high a firing rate, uncomfortable to shoot, hard to control, not much of an off-hand hand hold.
uzi has it all, and a variable firing rate.

i like to spend less $ too, but i'd rather get what i pay for.

[url]www.vectorarms.com[/url]  
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, thats one thing MACs do have is the high ROF. After a little practice though you get much better with them and a forward grip is almost a must. It all depends on your situation though, I could get 3 SWD M11s for the price of one UZI. Then there are Stemples, Stens and quite a few others in the lower price range but still might not fit into what this guy wants.

Im counting my pennies right now trying to get them to ad up to $3000 to cover a Vector and the tax. Its not really working, but maybe if I count them a few more times Ill find it.

BTW, how do you adjust the rate of fire on your UZI?

Michael
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#11]
i hear ya, but there are few things that suck more than-"damn! i shoulda got a....."

get yourself an uzi carbine(semi-auto) buffer block. measure, and cut off 1/3(a little trimming to fit will be necessary). you now have three rates of fire. one without a buffer, one with the short buffer,...etc. you can match the rate to ammo, or personal preference. with the longer buffer and hirtenburger l2a3(?) ammo mine was as fast as a mac, yet totally controlable.

btw, my uzi sounded like a poo-poo cushion next to my buddys 11.5in bbl. CAR! i have a serious case of gun envy. that is definately next for me!
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 2:19:28 PM EDT
[#12]
The M16 absolutely has to be the first NFA weapon.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 2:35:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The M16 absolutely has to be the first NFA weapon.
View Quote

Yeah, but one of this guys qualifying statements was that it was NOT an M16 because he couldn't afford it right now. Hence the M11 and UZI suggestions.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 2:49:32 PM EDT
[#14]
My first C3 was my M-16.  Watch out man this stuff gets addictive.  Suddenly your semi-auto AR isn't as impressive or as much fun. (I'm not saying semi-auto sucks, just not as much fun)   Remember this also it costs about three bucks to dump a mag down range in two and a half seconds.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 2:53:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Greetings,
If not the m16, then I would consider an m2 carbine...very reliable, very light and alot of fun to shoot...and relatively inexpensive to purchase and the ammo won't break your bank.

Have fun
SNB
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 3:05:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Gotta love that M16's versatility (factory Colt M16-A1 lower):
- 20" HBAR w/M60 bipod (Colt model 621)
- 22LR
- 11.5" Colt M4 Commando
- 10" Colt 9MM SMG

[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=258760&a=7202094&p=29517797[/img]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 3:15:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Boy oh boy, beg borrow or steal to get an MG while you can.

Credit card loan, 2nd job delivering pizzas, whatever.  Once they are gone, they are gone.

Get a 16.  You can get a DIAS for about 3500 to 4k or a registered receiver for about 4-5K.  As you can see in the above pic, TOTAL versatility.  I don't even shoot my AC556 (full auto Mini-14) anymore.  

At the gunshow last weekend, I saw a guy walking around with a 6" upper that he had made for his Carbon-15 "handgun" and was selling it.  I asked him how much, he told me $250, I said, $100, he said he'd take $150.  Sold!

Took it to the range yesterday.  Good lord, talk about fast.  Even with the Colt "H" Heavy buffer, it cycled faster than my M11/9.  Oh mama, and the muzzle blast 2-3 feet of it, like a chain gun flamethrower.  Oh, and the sound.  Talk about loud.  After the first mag I had to go to double earplugs.  And forget about shooting without glasses, the concussion will make your eyes water.

What a blast.  Sure cleared the firing line in a hurry [:)]

[heavy]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 3:18:24 PM EDT
[#18]
thaaaat's it!  [bounce] [bounce]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 3:21:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 4:18:10 PM EDT
[#20]
9mm:

Colt version = Bad
Olympic arms version = Good

3 things need to be changed, upper, carrier/bolt, mag block.

Upper is self explanitory as you need a 9mm barrel.

Carrier and bolt, same thing.

Mag block fits into existing mag well and then receives the 9mm mag.

With the Oly setup, the mag block is held in place by the AR mag catch.  The stick mags are held in place by a latch at the bottom of the mag block.  With this setup, you can switch from .223 to 9mm by:

1.  Remove old upper.
2.  Replace new upper.
3.  Insert mag block, insert mag.

Fire away.

With the Colt version, you have to DRILL HOLES in your gun to hold the mag block in place, and then REMOVE YOUR HAMMER and replace with a Colt hammer.  Forget about 30 second upper changes, plus damage to your $6k gun (I don't think so!), etc.

The Oly setup uses your existing lower/trigger group as is.  And with the most common mag blocks, they will take STEN mags, available at most gun shows for $10-15.  The Colt mags are $75-125...
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Troy,
With the Colt 9MM upper, you use the same fire-control for everything. NO fire-control changes are needed, this is ONLY for semi-auto applications. I never have.

You DO NOT need to drill your lower if you use the new Colt mag-well adapter or use a Cross-Fire (that's what I have). No holes in my Colt M16-A1 lower.

Colt set-up allows for bolt-held-open after last round, OLY does not.

Converted UZI mags are available along with Colt.

Just change-out uppers, put the mag-well adapter in and your set to run in 9MM. Takes about 1 minute.

I've seen 45ACP conversions around some where, too.

I've recently sold my Colt 9MM upper and am waiting for my Form 4 to clear for a Gemtech Talon-SD fully suppressed 9MM upper. Decided on the Talon-SD instead of getting a separate suppressor for the Colt set-up. Just a personal decision. Gemtech Raptor (separate 9MM suppressor) is just as quiet; just takes up more room. Sort of defeats the compactness aspect of the SMG set-up. And cost is less:
- Talon-SD suppressed upper complete is about $1,250 ($950 for Talon-SD plus $300 for Colt bolt/carrier and has hold-open feature).
- Colt 9MM set-up complete with Raptor is probably approaching $1,650 (at least $900 for complete Colt 9MM upper plus $750 for Raptor)

Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 6/18/2001 4:34:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Okay, what are you going to do with a sub gun (Uzi, MAC) other than turn a whole lot of dollars into noise?
For something in a rifle cartridge that is affordable look at the Ruger AC556. You can pick one up for under $3K and it fires the same thing as your AR.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 4:41:17 PM EDT
[#23]
With an AC556, you have .223 and .22LR and no spare parts available. You have to send it to the factory to be fixed. Ruger will not sell FA parts to the public.

Also, I know of no suppressor for the AC556.

UZI is registered in 45ACP/9MM/22LR.

Vector UZI comes in 9MM and Vector offers 45ACP and 22LR conversions, plus suppressors for all.

Same $3K price tag as AC556 for base gun.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 4:45:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Hey there coal-cracker,
  Don't let these guys hassle you about the M11/9, It was my first NFA weapon.. It is very cool in my book, ammo is cheap, there are many acc out there for it.. I say if you have the money for that get it.. It's better than nothing.. My M16 will be in my hands this Sat.. Yes it's more expensive but many options available.. My next one will be a Vector Uzi, I have never shot one but from all the info that I have found says get one while you can..

Enjoy You will never regret it...
     Chris
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 4:50:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
With an AC556, you have .223 and .22LR and no spare parts available. You have to send it to the factory to be fixed. Ruger will not sell FA parts to the public.

UZI is registered in 45ACP/9MM/22LR.

Vector UZI comes in 9MM and Vector offers 45ACP and 22LR conversions, plus suppressors for all

Same $3K price tag as AC556 for base gun.
View Quote

not to mention all the spares you could ever need- dirt cheap (comparatively).
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 5:17:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why wouldn't any suppressor made for a .223 rifle work on the Ruger?

Anything made for the M16/AR15 should work on an AC556.

Michael
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 5:40:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Ponyboy,

Good point.

I was just going by some of the posts over on subguns.com.

Some AC556 users tried M4-96D's and some other M16 specific suppressors and had cycling problems in full-auto.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 5:47:31 PM EDT
[#28]
But a couple of y'all are over looking the key ingredient here. The Uzi is chambered in pistol calibers only.
Now I know that mentioning a Ruger Mini-14 here, of all places, is sacrilege. But it cost under three grand and the M-16 is well over ten.

Now color me this....what are you going to do with a short barreled sub-gun chambered in a pistol caliber? I know, I know....it is fun and makes a shit load of noise. But other than that it has no use unless you plan to kick in the door to Sadam's palace and waste every swingin' dick in the joint. Uncontrollable, close range noise maker that can dump a lot of ammo in the general area of a target if you are close enough and care nothing about what is close to it. (Spray and pray on top of a target.)
The AC offers a rifle caliber in a package that, although not ideal, does serve some purpose in life other than turning money into noise and scaring the beejesus out of the neighbors cats.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 5:49:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Really? Ill have to check into that, I must have missed those posts at Bowers. I have a Ruger and was thinking about getting a can for it, but I guess Ill need to look into what cans will work well with it.

Oh, hell...Ill probably just buy one and use it on the ARs until I get an M16 if it doesn't work on the Ruger. I can't decide what I want next, the Vector an M16 or what I really, really want but is kind of expensive a 1919A4.

Thanks for the info.

Michael
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 5:54:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
But a couple of y'all are over looking the key ingredient here. The Uzi is chambered in pistol calibers only.
Now I know that mentioning a Ruger Mini-14 here, of all places, is sacrilege. But it cost under three grand and the M-16 is well over ten.
View Quote

I completely agree with you here. I have the Ruger and a couple of SWD M11/9mms. I really wanted an M16 but because of the price I decided on these three instead. I figured two subguns and a rifle kind of like an M16 would be ok for now. Had to spend a few extra hundred on the factory folder though.

I think you are a little high on the price for M16s though. If you look around you can find registered receivers for $4000, but that is still $1000 more than an UZI and $3000 more than an M11.

The M16 is comming soon though, hopefully within the next year.

Michael
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 6:00:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 7:10:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Why wouldn't any suppressor made for a .223 rifle work on the Ruger?

Anything made for the M16/AR15 should work on an AC556.

Michael
View Quote

Field strip your AC and you will see.  At the gas piston, massive amounts of gas escape under the hand guards.  Putting a can on an AC makes as much sense as putting one on a revolver.

f
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 7:13:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Now color me this....what are you going to do with a short barreled sub-gun chambered in a pistol caliber? I know, I know....it is fun and makes a shit load of noise.
View Quote

Well, for one, I can make a box of 9mm for $2 on my reloader, and can crank out a thousand rounds in two or three hours while watching TV.  

While my M4 or Commando upper is cooling, I can pop on the 9mm upper and blast all freakin day long for little $.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#34]
[b]i thought i'd get a mac too.... untill i fired my buddy's.waaay to high a firing rate, uncomfortable to shoot, hard to control, not much of an off-hand hand hold. uzi has it all, and a variable firing rate.[/b]

I have a P.S Mac 10/45 this gun is a total blast
to shoot. yes way to fast 1100 rnds rate of fire
has for control it take's a know how to control it. i can control mine really good. uzi has a slow rate of fire unless you tinker with it.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 7:28:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
[b]i thought i'd get a mac too.... untill i fired my buddy's.waaay to high a firing rate, uncomfortable to shoot, hard to control, not much of an off-hand hand hold. uzi has it all, and a variable firing rate.[/b]

I have a P.S Mac 10/45 this gun is a total blast
to shoot. yes way to fast 1100 rnds rate of fire
has for control it take's a know how to control it. i can control mine really good. uzi has a slow rate of fire unless you tinker with it.  
View Quote

Once again with the handloading.  Load a 115gr 9mm with about 70% powder load, runs at about the same speed as a 16.  Ask the guys from the TBRS, they shot it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 8:32:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
[b] uzi has a slow rate of fire unless you tinker with it.  
View Quote

buffer block is $8 from vector

ok. to each, his own. the mac is a fun gun, loved by many. i just don't think that for a FIRST MG, the vector uzi can be beaten in terms of:

flexibility- supressors made for it available, variable calibers, variable firing rate, variable configuration(fixed stock, vertical front grip. i have 'em all).
ergonomics- compact, yet not too small to be easily controlable.
value- new gun, with a warranty, the registered part is hardened(reciever)(uzi's and macs were intended to be disposable), plentiful spares, plentiful accessories, bound to dramatically increase in value(an assumption).

yes, the mac and the ac556 have some of these features, but not all of them.
and a role in history too.

if you can't afford the uzi, go with the mac.

if you can afford the uzi, GET THE UZI. ( i run an appliance sales/repair shop, i deal with this situation all day long.) [:D]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 9:09:46 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm in the fund raising mode for a class III right now myself. I'm down to having to decide between a RDIAS and a registered receiver gun. I'm leaning towards the DIAS because you don't have to worry about scratching up an expensive receiver. Prices are anywhere from $3500 to $4300, which is ridiculous for a little piece of aluminum, but it won't depreciate. Easier to lock up when away on vacation too - safe deposit box comes to mind....
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:05:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'm in the fund raising mode for a class III right now myself. I'm down to having to decide between a RDIAS and a registered receiver gun. I'm leaning towards the DIAS because you don't have to worry about scratching up an expensive receiver. Prices are anywhere from $3500 to $4300, which is ridiculous for a little piece of aluminum, but it won't depreciate. Easier to lock up when away on vacation too - safe deposit box comes to mind....
View Quote

I'm thinking, if I ever went C-3 and bought an M16, why would I pay $5000 for a registered receiver, when I can buy a receiver + necessary gunwork (if there is any) + DIAS ,and save a few hundred bucks?  Are there any installation/functional/operational problems with DIAS (or could there be any for that matter), or is the one-piece registered receiver the way to go?  Just pondering the options here out of hypothesis.

[brown]Evil Jewbroni~[/brown]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:28:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Coal Cracker,  You never mentioned a budget.

How much can you stretch out? Got any semi's you can trade off?

Here's a few possibles:

SWD M-11/9mm  This is kind of like the 1911 of the MG world.  People use it to customize.  Mags at about $20 each.  Including slow fire conversions (with STEn/Lanchester mag conversions--the Lanchester mag is 50 rds) they regularly win MG shoots over higher $$ guns (read MP-5's and Colts).  About $1000 for a base gun

MAC 10/9mm and .45.  The .45 takes modified grease gun mags (cheap) the early 9mm's (Powder Springs guns) take modified Walther MPL mags ($80 each).  Later ones take the same mags as the M11/9mm.  Less customization parts for those guns $1000 also.

Stemple 76/45 (apparently, they will bring out a 9mm conversion soon).  About $1500.  A tube gun, looks like a Swedish K or S & W M-76.  Most reports say they are OK guns.

Vector UZI--already mentioned, mags as low as $15 each used.  $2815 shipped (I know of a dealer that has them for this rate).

$3500 the Ruger AC556.  Problem is mags are hard to get (good, reliable mags) and are expensive.

$4000 gets you an FNC and a sear with a 3 rd. burst.  Takes AR mags.  Phenomenal gun.

$4500 gets you the basic converted RR M-16 (Oly/PAWS, EA, etc.) prices go up from there.

$5600 gets an M-16 (Real Colt M-16 marked).  

$7000 gets you an MP-5 sear gun.

$8000 gets you a belt fed 1919.

$10000 gets you a Registered Receiver MP-5.

$12000 gets you an M-60.

$150000 gets you a Mini-Gun (OK, that was the price about 2 years ago, now it is probably over a quarter mil.).

I still maintain the best deal (Vector UZI aside as a pistol caliber gun) is the FNC in a rifle caliber.  If you shop carefully, you can get the base gun for as low as $1600, the sear costs $1600.  Later you can add the 3 rd. burst for $300.  If you have a decent pre-ban Semi- and can trade it for a semi-FNC, then your out of pocket costs are pretty reasonable (long wait of about 3 to 6 months for the conversion, though).

If you give some idea of your budget, we can probably list the guns in that range and the pro's/con's for each.

AFARR

Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:35:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Jewbroni,

If you are anywhere near Tuscaloosa, I could possibly arrange a test fire on an FNC (and, in about 4 months--ATF paperwork permitting, an HK 53 and MAC 10/.45).

The idea behind the RR M-16 is that you can have lots of uppers for the gun.  You can do the same with the DIAS, BUT!!, if the DIAS is not in the gun and it has a shorter than 16" barrel, or is a post ban receiver, but has the illegal AW features on it (collap. stock, flash hider, etc.) it is illegal.  A DIAS is, in the eyes of the ATF, a machine gun.  Once it is out of the host gun, that host gun then falls under other laws (assault weapons ban, etc.).  

AFARR
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:38:05 PM EDT
[#42]
well with a DIAS u can use a new reciever so u so if u shot the shit out of your recierv just pop out the DIAS and buy a new reciever if u mess up a regestered reviever your SOL
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:59:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Cyrax,

There is a thread on the Bowers board about M-16 wear.  It is damn near impossible (apparently) to damage the receiver on an M-16 by shooting it (i.e. normal use).  Even if the pin holes (the shooters are reporting) are elongated from wear, a competent Class 2 gunsmith can fix it with no problem.  Some people there reported knowing first hand of Original issue (Vietnam era) M-16's in National Guard armories around the country that see several thousand rounds of ammo a year and are still going strong.  

This topic (Sear vs. RR) crops up frequently on MG boards, especially in relation to HK's.  I got a RR HK 33 (to be converted to a 53) so I can easily change lowers (I want it to look like this eventually---

[img]http://www.hkpro.com/image/HK53A3left.jpg[/img]

It is starting out identical to this--

[img]http://www.hkpro.com/image/33cover.jpg[/img]

I just ordered 10 mags (various sizes) for it--used, they will cost about $400 total.  I still need to get some 40 rd. mags also.

Cost to have a gunsmith (work to be done by a well know HK gunsmith) chop it down $450.
New 4 position Ambi- lower $500
Collapsable Stock $300
4 Prong flash hider $125
Getting to shoot the thing--priceless!!

(I should add that I won't buy the stock or lower for a while, as I would rather pick up some extra mags for it first).

[:d]

Link Posted: 6/18/2001 11:15:47 PM EDT
[#44]
didnt know thanks for the info
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 6:25:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Thanks guys for the input. I really appreciate the time you all took to respond.
As I posted earlier, unfortunately I have a very limited funds available for this. I just got married, looking to buy a house and have twins on the way so spending $5000 (even $3000) is responsibly out of the question. $2000 is probably a more realistic figure. Like I said I’m really only looking for an entry level gun.
As much as I’d love to make a more expensive “investment”, my first car wasn’t a Corvette - if you follow my meaning.
Again,
Thanks,
Coal-Cracker
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 6:50:45 AM EDT
[#46]
For such a limited budget, Im telling you that you can't go wrong with a M11. In fact, I don't know of another reliable gun you could get for less than $2000 besides a Stemple and I really can't tell you anything about them.

If you have $2000 to play with this is exactly what I would do.

Buy an SWD M11/9mm SMG  $1000
Transfer taxes          $200
Shipping and Receiving
Dealer charges          $75
Forward Grip            $55
Bowers CAC9 Suppressor  $200
Transfer Taxes          $200
Dealer Charges          $75
1k 9mm ammo (to start)  $100

Grand Total             $2005

And with this you will have a nice setup and everything will be brand new. You will be the first person to ever shoot it. You'll have a lot of fun.

This setup will give you the most bang for your buck.

Michael
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top