Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2001 9:42:26 AM EDT
This is just a thought, so don't flame me for being a collaborator!!!!

(I think my pro-RKBA stance is WELL known around here)

This idea sort of emanated from Sun Tzu's "The Art of War" -

[i]The best way to defeat an enemy is to use their resources to accomplish YOUR objectives.[/i]

Apply that to the PayPal situation.

Yes, they are using OUR resources ($$$) to spread the anti-gun message. But they are ONLY convincing those who WANT to be convinced that guns are evil. Such people are a lost cause for us, and NOT worth wasting any time on.

In the meantime, we are using their resources to proliferate gun ownership throughout the US.

In the end, they'll have a bunch of unarmed zealots, and we'll have a bunch of armed zealots.

All in all, that seems like a pretty good swap to me.

What do YOU think???
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I see your point, but I would like to put EVERY anti-gun business into bankruptcy and let it be known why and how it was done, boycotts by us armed zealots.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree with Garandman for the most part.
He is right about us using their resources for our own good.
But don't use them for anything else.
He is also right about converting the gun grabbers. It's a waste of time and effort. Go for the guys in the middle who have not made up their minds yet.
I also would love to see the Anti's go broke but it ain't likely to happen.
I just had a customer come in and sell me his Mini 14 becuase he was afraid the government would take it away from him? What in the Hell do people think? I could not believe that was the real reason he wanted to sell it but that is what he told me. It just makes me sick to think that a Guy like him would give up so easy. I have known him awhile and he served in the Pacific in WWII and also served in the Korean War. Guys like him should know better. I am alot younger than him so I respectfully told him my point of view about the Government and the 2nd Ammendment.
Maybe he is to old to care anymore. like I said I am Sick to see guys give up like that.
My .02 worth
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:05:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By LARRY G:
I see your point, but I would like to put EVERY anti-gun business into bankruptcy and let it be known why and how it was done, boycotts by us armed zealots.
View Quote

I know what you are saying, but IF PayPal goes out of business, WE LOSE a valuable resource.

All in good time, I too want to see them get their due. But RIGHT NOW, I'm enjoying using them like a rented mule to accomplish our objectives.

In this case, losing a single battle COULD well be a means to WIN THE WAR.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top