Author
Posted: 1/3/2005 1:05:01 PM

The last two nights I've woken up in the middle of the night soaking wet. I've looked around the net and I can't find any relation to quitting smoking and night sweats.

Are night sweats a symptom of nicotne withdrawl or should I call my Dr?

echo
FREE BALZAC!!
drjarhead
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/3/2005 1:08:31 PM
Probably just menopause.

Weight loss?
Loss of appetite?
Fatigue?

How old?
How long smoking?

How long has this been going on?

Anything else?

You guys never give much info.........
BayEagle
Ní dhéanfaidh ach Dia breithiúnas orm.
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/3/2005 1:10:33 PM
I've heard of others getting them. I've been sleeping like shit, but not sweating. Thank GOd - I'm having enough physical withdrawl crap as it is. I expect to hallucinate spiders crawling out of my fingernails or something any minute.

I will never start smoking again - if only because the quitting sucks so bad.
"The Koran should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on earth".
Omar M. Ahmad, Chairman of The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) -1998
Evil_Ed
Runs with scissors
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/3/2005 1:12:39 PM
Did you quit drinking as well?

Serious night sweats (I mean, the whole bed; mattress, all the sheets, the blankets, the pillows are soaked to the point where you can twist the blanket and water will cascade out) are one of the possible symptoms of HIV...but it doesn't sound like it.

But, quitting is another possible cause. When I was in the middle of drying out, for a good 3 or 4 days it was hard to sleep, I'd sweat a lot at night, etc.

Give it a week. If it's still really really bad, I'd check with a doc. Maybe he can put you on some meds that'll ease the symptoms.

If you notice a slight tremor in your hands and whatnot..that's another withdrawal symptom. Give it a week, you should be GTG...a month after you've quit you'll wonder why on earth you smoked in the first place. 6 months later you'll find yourself not wanting to eat at places that have a smoking section. Just wait, it gets fun
You know the movie you're watching is a "chick flick" if you wake up and your wife is crying. --Rick Oie
echo6
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/3/2005 1:12:47 PM

Originally Posted By drjarhead:
Probably just menopause.

Weight loss? nothing I've noticed
Loss of appetite?no
Fatigue?always LOL

How old?33
How long smoking?regularly since I was 17. First drag when I was 14

How long has this been going on?two nights in a row

Anything else?

You guys never give much info.........

FREE BALZAC!!
echo6
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/3/2005 1:14:29 PM

Originally Posted By Evil_Ed:
Did you quit drinking as well?

Never really been a big drinker. I drink "Socialy" and usually catch a good buzz at the weekly poker game, but thats about it.
FREE BALZAC!!