Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2001 9:22:19 AM EDT
Anyone else out the fasinated by the middle ages?
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Being 43 isn't too bad.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 9:27:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I think he means the Middle Ages, as in knights and chivalry.
Ice
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 9:27:33 AM EDT
[#3]
14-15th century france seems to evoke something in me.  was at the armoury in leeds UK where they had every weapon (hand held) used in every conflict over time (a entire stair case wall of enfileds!) of all the swords, the simple one i liked the best was of french/english use of that time....

- what about you?
steve
ps - this should probably go to the history section, otherwise it will get lost...
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 9:28:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes I mean the Middle Ages aka Dark Ages.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:05:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought "The Dark Ages" were the years that Clinton/Reno crapped on The Constitution
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:17:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Same here, I found out last year that my ancestor that weent to Scotland was a Norman, might be a Knight. This was during the persecution of the Knioghts  Templars.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:48:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone else have that dream where you are in the middle ages or at the Alamo (or in the past somewhere) and you have a ar15 (or other guns) and zillions of rounds of ammo holding off invaders?  

Maybe its the Niquil?
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:58:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anyone else have that dream where you are in the middle ages or at the Alamo (or in the past somewhere) and you have a ar15 (or other guns) and zillions of rounds of ammo holding off invaders?  

Maybe its the Niquil?
View Quote

I hate to admit this,but I always wanted
to be in "The Deathlands" scenario.Series
by James Axler that take place in a post-
nuclear war America.

That would be cool.....for the first 5 minutes.
Until the novelty wore off and reality kicked
in.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 3:22:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I guess it would be cool if you like women who bathe once every couple of years.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 3:27:16 PM EDT
[#11]
And dying of old age at about 40.  How 'bout that medical technology, eh?  Root canal anyone?  Compound fracture?

Thanks, I'll pass.  

(Good point on the annual bathing, too)[puke]

However, for a really terrific read, I recommend [u][b]1632[/u][/b] by Eric Flint (I think). It's about a small West Virgina town circa 1990 that's somehow sent back to 1632 Germany.  Fantasy is fun.
[sniper]
Edited because of afterthought.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 3:28:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I guess it would be cool if you like women who bathe once every couple of years.
View Quote

Sounds like Berkeley.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 8:54:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Yup, it would be cool, but I donn't think the living conditions would be up to par with modern times.  There is also that little "Black Death" thing going around. Middle ages fanatasy Does interest me, though. BTW, how old are you all, cause I'm no youngun' and I STILL like this stuff.  Am I alone?

Yes, I had the "Alamo" dream, but I had a GE minigun ;)

Also had dream about that I had an AR and was in ancient Jerusalem (I wanted to save a very drear friend of ours) :)

Sir Urban of Panama Shire

[%(]

Link Posted: 6/18/2001 8:56:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Let's go on a quest for the Holy Grail.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:53:54 PM EDT
[#15]
we found it no wait a minute thats the holy PAIL! heh medival fantasy is cool

Dungeons and dragons ....

i wanna cast a spell

i cast magic missle

why are u casting magic missle? theres nothing to attack here.

I am  attacking the Darkness!
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 2:06:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Do you like my magic sword?

It's a Claymore +1, I use it to protect my right to bear Lightning Rods (mine is black and has a serpent on it) [:)]

[%(]
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 2:09:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Do you like my magic sword?

[%(]
View Quote

I shouldn't say that, might be taken the wrong way [;)]
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 4:22:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Also had dream about that I had an AR and was in ancient Jerusalem (I wanted to save a very drear friend of ours)
View Quote

Fortunately for us, our dear Friend had to perish back then. He had twelve legions of angels at His command, but he was, after all, 'the Lamb slain from the Foundation of the world.'

Eric The(ButI'dHaveTriedToo!)Hun[>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top