Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 6/18/2001 7:42:17 AM EST
Just read in the news that the British Military is having a hard time meeting recruiting goals. Now would be a perfect time for some of you hard-chargers to enlist in the British Royal Marines or similar elite british unit. I understand that they will take Americans and other colonials. Just thought I'd pass this on. Some of you have expressed an interest in the American military but are dismyed at the apparent degree of political correctness in the Navy, Air Force, and Army. The French Foriegn Legion is also "hiring," I understand.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 9:04:01 AM EST
I've done my share of humpin' the boonies, thanks.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 9:07:17 AM EST
i wonder if you have to give up your .............U.S. citizenship?
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 9:11:21 AM EST
Originally Posted By burn: i wonder if you have to give up your .............U.S. citizenship?
View Quote
Probaly,look at the flip side Would you want British guys running around with American M-4's that your taxes paid for.Getting paid with your tax dollars and to ice it off stealing American women and not having to pay U.S. taxes or claim citizenship.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 9:29:16 AM EST
When I was a Marine, we had several foriegners in my unit. (I think all you need is a "green card" to enlist.) They had federal taxes withheld from their pay. I don't think you give up your citizenship if you serve in a NATO armed forces. (But I'm not sure)
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 9:32:34 AM EST
it would be something to brag about look good on a resume...' yeah back in 2001 i was with the british royal navy when it attacked peral harbor".. what if U.S. fight against each other citezenship would then pose a problem...far fetch though.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 9:36:13 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:50:32 AM EST
I was just reading the thread about Southerners in the military. In relation to that, and the military opportunities all over the world, why wouldn't a young guy, of the type who frequents this board, jump at the chance to be a Marine, Legionnaire, Ranger, or some other military professional? In other words, what's wrong with the youth of today that a guy like McUzi, for example, is not in the military?
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 11:33:40 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 11:37:51 AM EST
Damn Gus, I noticed you left out the Marines in your first comment. LOL, Your Army Compadre
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 4:26:40 PM EST
Originally Posted By ABN-RGR: Damn Gus, I noticed you left out the Marines in your first comment. LOL, Your Army Compadre
View Quote
They tell me that Marine Corps Basic Training actually got harder during the Clinton years. Also, no flame intended to our Ranger Friends. I merely suggest that some might not want to risk getting involved in the pogue Army if they can't get a Ranger "Billet."
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 4:43:24 AM EST
Just giving you sh@# Gus. You know I love jarheads. haha
Top Top