Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2001 3:14:13 AM EDT
I bet "militia" won't be "allowed" to own any of these...

[url]http://www.courierpress.com/cgi-bin/view.cgi?200106/16+ray-gun061601_news.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 3:30:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Actually you do, they are called microwave ovens.  This is a non-lethal device, that causes pain by warming the water in your skin.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 3:34:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 4:08:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 4:19:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like another use for the space blanket has been found.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 5:21:41 AM EDT
[#5]
[thinking]  [b]TIN FOIL HATS TO THE RESCUE!![/b]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 7:29:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Durring a 700 million dollar study sceintists have noted that throwing water on some people or making scary noises tends to frighten them and cause them to run away. This scientific breakthrough will be adopted by the U.S. forces and utilized on the modern battlefield to force enemey troops from their fighting positions. This is said to be revolutionary and will eliminate the need for weapons that might actualy harm people, animals or the environment.

[bounce]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 8:05:33 AM EDT
[#7]
bear in mind this is fourth hand info - BUT a rumor during opertion 'just cause'(?) - the invasion of panama and he SWORE that he saw sf guys with rifles that looked like m16's but with a hose coming out of the buttstock and going into a back pack.  and they were SAWING cars in half with a laser type beam!

and this was 12 years ago
steve
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 8:07:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Early Chow Recruit:
Durring a 700 million dollar study sceintists have noted that throwing water on some people or making scary noises tends to frighten them and cause them to run away. This scientific breakthrough will be adopted by the U.S. forces and utilized on the modern battlefield to force enemey troops from their fighting positions. This is said to be revolutionary and will eliminate the need for weapons that might actualy harm people, animals or the environment.

[bounce]
View Quote

Our tax dollars, hard at work.

"Holy cow, Batman! See how they run". [whacko]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 8:13:59 AM EDT
[#9]
The effects described do indicte a long-focus magnetron.  Same principle as radar propagation or your microwave oven's active element.  Not necessarily lethal but, if memory serves, able to distort chromosomes and cause very bad subcutaneous burns.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Hmmm...what would happen if I used a big mirror to bounce it back, or could I just open an umbrella made of tin foil to repel it. makes you wonder.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 8:41:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I think there is a website that sells a book that tells you how to build a similar device.  It's called "Po' man's ray gun", I think.  It uses microwave parts to set fire to plywood at 500 feet, or so it claims.  Interesting "silent weapon" indeed! Definite fun factor, if the radiation can be controlled [;)]

[frag]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top