Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2001 10:20:12 PM EDT
Man........I've seen people get wounded and killed before, but combat is one thing; This is entirely different. Whatever this guy's crime may have been, noone deserves to be slaughtered like a pig. I was thinking of sending it to a friend, but after seeing it........no. I may be an a**hole at times, but I just hate to watch people suffer.......
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 11:39:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Russia has turned into a 3rd world kind of situation I have heard. What troubles me is they are selling necular info the the Iranians. I think it is some kind of sopisicated aluminum and also uranium/plutonium(?) information. W better have his agenda straight when he talks to Moscow.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 12:40:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Pretty sick, wasn't it? This subject got beat to death when it was initially posted, and I took some flak for wishing the Russians victory. In all fairness, I did let my emotions get the best of me. But, how could it not? I still believe that if the Chechen rebels are resorting to these " tactics" they are definitely on the ropes. Yes, war is not pretty, but their still has to be some semblance of humanity. And I still don't believe that this will change the outcome of the War in the least. ( Don't be surprised if this topic gets locked- again).
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 9:58:59 AM EDT
[#3]
That video really takes the phrase "save the last round for yourself" and drives it home, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:06:41 AM EDT
[#4]
War is Hell!!!!
Americans have a much greater value of human life than do some other cultures.
I personally don't think what happened to that soldier is any worse than an American Woman having her unborn child murdered and sucked from her womb. Lets see a movie of that and I garantee you it is just as offensive.
Murder is murder. You can call it any Damn thing you like but the outcome is the same. The taking of a human life for any reason other than self defense is wrong.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:13:47 AM EDT
[#5]
uh-oh....
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:26:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I can see it happening already.......I wanted to state my opinion of that video, not start a flame war, which is what is about to happen, I fear. Moderators, please lock this thread....
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:31:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I did not state my opinion to start a flame war!
If someone dissagrees with me that is their right and I respect their right to their own opinion. I Strongly feel that my statement is true and If you happen to dissagree TOUGH!
I can post what I feel is right and I am not attacking anyone here.
If you dissagree with me than lets have a dialog here that is proper and within the rules.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:34:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SPORTSMANS SUPPLY:
War is Hell!!!!
I personally don't think what happened to that soldier is any worse than an American Woman having her unborn child murdered and sucked from her womb. Lets see a movie of that and I garantee you it is just as offensive.
Murder is murder. You can call it any Damn thing you like but the outcome is the same. The taking of a human life for any reason other than self defense is wrong.
View Quote

Well said man
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 11:01:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I have not seen this video yet but it sounds pretty brutal.  Does anyone have it?  I would like to see it, but I cannot get to bangedup.com from here.  Seeing things like that should remind us all why war should be avoided, and why it is important to fight against oppression.  US soldiers have done this too...it's not just "third world" soldiers.  War does horrible things to people, and will change them forever.  Anyway, I'm babbling.  Anyone know where I can see this?
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 11:09:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Chimborazo I can email it to you if you really want. Its only 424kb.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 11:18:37 AM EDT
[#11]
I went all thru bangedup....can we NOT post the link here??? I have a feeling I missed something while I was gone for the week...
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Chimborazo I can email it to you if you really want. Its only 424kb.
View Quote

Thanks...I just made my e-mail visible.

Thanks again.

Link Posted: 6/18/2001 11:29:25 AM EDT
[#13]
101_Proof: Can you send it to my email also?
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 11:30:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Sending now.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 11:35:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 11:39:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Just out of curiosity I browsed out to that site. They have moved their servers and have not added the archives section yet. Supposed to be done today. BTW sick site I wont be going back.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 11:43:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Holy crap.  How one person can do that to another is incomprehensible.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 11:48:13 AM EDT
[#18]
101-proof- I still havent gotten it.   ??
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 11:51:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
101-proof- I still havent gotten it.   ??
View Quote

The email bounced back to me, I sent you a message letting you know along with the details of why.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 12:00:13 PM EDT
[#20]
I got one word for you guys: PROPAGANDA. How do you know the players (murderer/murdered) are who they seem to be--because the video's intro says so?!  Read some history!  You'll see that there is nothing new about one side brutally killing a member of the other side (or an innocent) then blaming the other side for the "brutal" killing.  If you look, you will find examples in WWI, WWII, Korea, and numerous ones in Viet Nam.

Think about it, as more people see that video, the Russians begin to look better and the Chechens begin to look worse. If the Chechens look worse their support will dwindle, and the Russians will have an easier time of eliminating them.

In this day and (technological) age, if one blindly believes everything one sees and/or reads, one is a fool. . .  
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 12:01:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Could someone please send it to me as well? [email protected] Thanks.

Demonic curiosity made me ask. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Damn dude. Those guys are some sick fucks.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 12:18:18 PM EDT
[#23]
JPPJ:  I agree with you.  This clip does not change my opinion of the situation...it just disturbs me on a human level.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 12:20:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By SPORTSMANS SUPPLY:
War is Hell!!!!
View Quote

Does every freaking post have to lead to a rant about abortion?  Yes, everyone has a right to believe what they want, but that is way OT.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 12:38:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I can see it happening already.......I wanted to state my opinion of that video, not start a flame war, which is what is about to happen, I fear. Moderators, please lock this thread....
View Quote

Why depend on the Mods? Its your post and if you feel its going astray then hit the garbage can icon. After a while repost.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 1:10:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Why depend on the Mods? Its your post and if you feel its going astray then hit the garbage can icon. After a while repost.
View Quote

[blue]If you have a problem with HANGFIRE..which you obviously do..settle it using the phone,snail mail,e-mail or in person..not here. Thanks[/blue]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 1:18:02 PM EDT
[#27]
LMFAO Growing McGrass
Please don't get anything started. I don't want this one locked yet. Let some guys read it first
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 2:36:54 PM EDT
[#28]
The Chechens didn't invent this stuff. The Afghans used it 20yrs ago. They used to film Soviet POWs in captivity, showing how good he was being treated. Then mail the tape to the soldier's family. They'd be watching their son and then the scene would cut to the Afghans playing polo on horses for a few minutes. Then the camera would zoom in on the "ball". Yep, it was the soldier's head.

I told my friend about the other clip last week. He told me that one time he went into a convenience store in uniform.

The Arab looking guy working the cash register told him - "I fight Communists!"

"Yeah right buddy."

"No, I KILL Communists!"

"Sure pal, whatever."

"I show you next time you come in here."

Sure enough, next week the cashier took him in back and popped in a tape.

It showed the guy doing all sorts of gruesome stuff to Russians. One guy was tied up and had his legs cut of with a saw. Then they put a tourniquet on the stumps and worked on him some more, eventually sawing off his head.

My friend told me the guy was all proud, like he wanted a Commie Killer Merit Badge or something. Made me think the next time I bought gas.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 3:02:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Don't forget that for the Chechnens, this IS Red Dawn. If you saw the building your kids were in get shelled you'd be one cold mofo too. I would have no problem cutting throats if the Russians invaded my country.

The Russians have never had any respect for prisoners either. Anybody ever read "The Forgotten Soldier" by Guy Sajer. The Russians did worse things to German POWs.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 3:50:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Don't forget that for the Chechnens, this IS Red Dawn. If you saw the building your kids were in get shelled you'd be one cold mofo too. I would have no problem cutting throats if the Russians invaded my country.

The Russians have never had any respect for prisoners either. Anybody ever read "The Forgotten Soldier" by Guy Sajer. The Russians did worse things to German POWs.
View Quote

Yeah, your correct. But, two wrongs doesn't make a right. That is why I oppose the Death Penalty. We need laws that supercede our desire for vengeance. Sorry, that is a whole new can of worms.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 4:07:00 PM EDT
[#31]
I saw the video the first time around. And it was just plain gruesome.

But as I thought about it, it occurred to me that in only the last hundred years or so has there been rules to warfare to make it more "humane". The Brits and French were trying sooner, I think, but even they terrorized the civil populations.

War [b]IS[/b] brutal, gruesome and terrible. But, we Americans have been cushioned from it's nastiness for so long that we, as a culture, have, for better or worse, forgotten.

And Americans do put a higher value on human life than most other cultures. Therefore, we are especially repulsed by something like this video.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:12:56 PM EDT
[#32]
[b]Someone please send me the link. Thanks.[/b]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:26:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Holy crap.  How one person can do that to another is incomprehensible.
View Quote

Not to me it isn't......

My Father was in Vietnam and took several pictures while he was there. He managed to bring most of them back with him and has them in a photo album that has since been lost. I looked through it twice and the pictures I saw of piles of dead bodies on top of piles of dead bodies and pictures of Vietnamese people with half there head blown off with their brains hanging out the side of there head makes that video look like "Bambi"......

John
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:32:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
[b]Someone please send me the link. Thanks.[/b]
View Quote

Aggie1 has it.
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=30927[/url]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:57:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Send me the vid, please - TIA

Tate
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:59:50 PM EDT
[#36]
i saw that video some time back and have been unable to get that scene out of my head. those of you who were in war and saw that kind of stuff, i hope to god you havent become too numb to still be disgusted.  i simply cant comprehend not being completely offended by the thought of that stuff happening, but it was those of you who risked everything to enable me to be this "sheltered" and for that i am forever in your debt.  i just wish i hadnt seen the video.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 11:37:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Folks, I truly didn't know I could sh*t-can the topic; that's why I asked the mods to do it. But, I am glad that this has NOT turned into a flame fest. The thing which really bothers me the most about this is that not even a shred of emotion is shown by the captors. Even a soldier involved in combat can remain a human being, but these have surrendered any humanity they once might have had.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 6:35:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Pompey said it all... the majority of people in the U.S. are sheltered to this crap. The thanks for that fact goes SOLELY to our vets which have shielded us! This stuff has been going on from the beginning of time but thanks to OUR vets our country has been spared the reality of humanity. Thank you vets!
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 9:00:40 AM EDT
[#39]
MelonPopper,
Sir you are a true Gentleman.

Guys,he Emailed me and said that he hoped he had not offended me with his post.
Man what a great guy. I am pretty thick skinned so I was not offended by him or anyone else who posted a line on this thread.
I am really impressed that he cared enough to email me and offer me an appology.
Of course this was not something he needed to do.
As I said he is a Gentleman
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top