Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2001 9:52:51 AM EDT
I live in the Ease Valley (Gilbert) and the only place so far I went shooting is RIo Salado. I'm looking for a place in the desert I can take the family (wife+3 yrd old daughter) and some friends for shooting, picnic, outing.
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 9:54:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd love to help but I'm in Surprise and never lived in the east valley.  Sorry dude.  Glad to hear your family is into shooting as well.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 11:45:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I live in the east valley also and go shooting in the desert almost every Saturday I a ma mad valley with 30ft backstops front and back about 250-300 yards apart and about one mile wide about three miles from any homes. Most of the time we are the only ones there.

Is Queen Valley to far for you to go?

THISISME
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 11:50:41 AM EDT
[#3]
THISISME, i'm interested in checking out your spot. hopefully, the next AZ shoot will be held there.

Dacon, i go out to lower sicamore creek. not too far from the east valley and plenty of excellent back stops. if you have a 4WD you can get down the huge wash to the best spots. email me if you want more specific directions.
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 12:01:48 PM EDT
[#4]
anyone in southern AZ, Tucson and further south maybe sierra vista,douglas etc...
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 12:16:06 PM EDT
[#5]
im in tucson

until the range near me (desert trail 7777 E. Valencia) gets there rifle range up i got to go to the tucson rifle club witch is out on 3 points (sorry i dont have the adress) i dont do alot of shooting out in the desert with a range real close to my house
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 12:25:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey cyrax, I have not had the chance to try desert trails yet, whats it like ???
I sure do miss tucson rod and gun club...
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 12:55:03 PM EDT
[#7]
i like it from what i heard there gonna rent some FA really soon and the rifle range should be done soon witch reminds me i need to renew my membership
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 1:38:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Butkus 51:
I sure do miss tucson rod and gun club...
View Quote

I don't miss their "single-load rifles" rule, though.  I really like the Tucson Rifle Club except it's 35 miles one-way.  It seems like there's no place else to shoot long range any more though.  

[sniper]
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Cyrax, when do you like to haunt that place, maybe I'll see you there.
I think I'll check it out this week.
KBaker, I agree about the rules but I loved the Quail and fishing outings when I was younger.
I havent been to TRC either cause its way thatta way. I keep losing my places in the desert to developers(bastards)
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 1:49:04 PM EDT
[#10]
well i havnet been in a while becouse of school and i just had foot surgery but i try to get there when i can its kind of hard when u dont have a car
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 3:09:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Dacon

I live in North Phx. I just got back from a desert shoot with my sons. We go to Table Mesa Rd. off of I-17 about 10 miles north of Ben Avery.

It seems all you other guys are in Gilbert-Mesa-Tempe-Etc.

No one lives by me [>Q]

But we still need to get together somehow [^]
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 11:51:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm currently representing Tempe. The last time I was shooting was the pipeline shoot in Flagstaff, I haven't been shooting anywhere else since I've been here.
've been super busy lately, but it would be cool to get together with some other people for some type of meet.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 12:09:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Dacon,
Are you familiar with the Bee Line Highway?
I have been there a few times with a friend of mine. I believe it was around mile marker 227, but if you e-mail me I can find out for sure. Basically there is a dirt road there that goes for several miles and there are many spots off the road were you can shoot.
Treetop, you are just south of me. If your interested in going shooting somewhere locally anytime soon drop me an e-mail...

John

John
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 1:28:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Im also in Gilbert. I used to shoot near the Superstitions. But as of lately you need a permit to shoot there. Also I got a visit from the Dept. of Agriculture. They say they have a witness who saw me shooting cactus. They had my licence plate numbers, what type of guns I was shooting. Freaked me out when they knocked on my door. I denied everything. Something to think about though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top