Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2001 11:10:36 AM EDT
I was driving to a friends house in Mesa.  Along for the ride was another freind who grew up in Phoenix.  At a stop light we see a man in his 60's (?) the sun had permanently scarred his face, he was also crying as he rode past us on a bycicle I noticed he had a bible in his hand and rosary beads around his neck, he looked like he was in a trance as he rode with no hands on the handlebars...he had his arms oustreched to the sky and looked as if he was praying intensly.

I looked at Reed and after I made a stupid comment about the old man, Reed told me this guys story.  About 15 years ago(?) his wife and daughter were waiting for a bus at the stop...bus comes along and overruns the bustop while in an accident.  They were both killed.  Thats all I know about the story, and now the old man wanders the streets daily, performing his ritual.

I went home and made up with my wife, forgot my anger from our earlier argument and thanked my lucky stars.

Link Posted: 6/15/2001 11:18:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Sure is a sad story for the old man.  We don't know how lucky we are until something like this come along. Life is too short, enjoy it as much as we can.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 11:54:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Dude, that is so sad!!  [>(]

I'm going home to kiss my wife and kids.

Nuckles.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 12:17:17 PM EDT
[#3]
There but for the grace of God go us all.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 12:44:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
About 15 years ago(?) his wife and daughter were waiting for a bus at the stop...bus comes along and overruns the bustop while in an accident.  They were both killed.
View Quote

This could have been prevented if Congress had had the common sense to close the "bus-stop loophole."  Every bus driver should be licensed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top