Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
5/29/2017 5:35:05 AM
Posted: 6/15/2001 4:29:46 AM EDT
I just ran into a buddy who is in the plating business. His family owns a large plating company that does black oxide, gold, anodizing, nickel plating, powder coating, everything. Now this has got me thinking what should I get plated? I was thinking about either reblueing the slide of my Glock 19 or maybe nickel plating it. What do you think? I was also thinking about getting a few USGI mags anodized in black, do you think that is a good idea? I also have a SAR 2 that could use some new blueing. What would you get done? Nickel plate an AR reciever? Gold plate a barrel?
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 4:39:06 AM EDT
I would gold plate MrHappy [@:D] Seriously: Gold plate a barrel?!?!?! NOT!!!! Mess with the durable Tennifer finish of a Glock?!?!?!NOT!!!!! I would start looking into building those 80% recvr and black anodize em. Could be a lucrative hobby. Definitely re-do the SAR. Have you thought about getting it parkerized?
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 4:44:15 AM EDT
My exwifes head! [:)] though, the law would probably frown on that! Just took an old, Steven's model 77F 16ga. shotgun, that I've had since the early 70's in for a park job.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 4:54:33 AM EDT
Sounds like you may have a money-making side gig on your hands here... I'd like to redo the nasty finish on my SAR1
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 4:58:25 AM EDT
I have thought about buying a 10/22 and putting a bbl on it. I thought that it would be pretty sweet to have everything that does not move powder coated. From what I am told there are hundreds of colors to choose from. I would probably go with black, but something outrageous would be cool. Anyway this would be a rifle with an awesome finish that I would not have to worry about. Just something that I have been thinking about.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 6:05:04 AM EDT
A chrome G36 to mount on the hood of my car!! That would get some attention!! Nuckles.
Top Top