Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#1]
This is like a Chevy-Ford-Mopar disscussion between car/truck types, pointless many are set in there ways.

The point is that all reputable gun makers make handguns that go bang when you pull the trigger and don't go bang until you do pull the trigger. The difference is price, features, appearance, and accuracy.

The original question was how do I get better with my Glock. Not why is SIG-Sauer the biggest POS for left handed shooters, Or the Bad trigger reset on HK's, or the cracking slides on Berretas. Some tried to answer the question that was asked. Try to stay on topic.

FYI the GLock 17 is one of the only hadnguns in the world factory rated to be fired underwater, tell that to the SEALS.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 5:07:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I hate Focking Grocks. They Sock!

No offense, I just could'nt resist.
[heavy]
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 5:23:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:(:
This is like a Chevy-Ford-Mopar disscussion between car/truck types, pointless many are set in there ways.
View Quote

HEY!!!!
I resemble that comment!!! [pyro]
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#4]
NO Boston terrier97 I'm not suggesting that your a pussy. What I was referring to was the
feminine way PowderBurns described the gun as blocky, bulky, creepy, squishy, mushy, bendy, funky besides the fact the grip makes his toes curl. Let us not forget we ARE talking about a FUCKING GUN gentlman ! HEY I think The Sniper said it best....my point exactly! You said what I would have said if I had the patience. I know it sounds like it, but it was not intended to be a personal slam on powderburns.  I happen to like glocks and think they are what the 1911 used to be, rugged, tough, and one reliable fucking gun.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 5:48:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:(:
View Quote

HEY!!!!
I resemble that comment!!! [pyro]
View Quote

I'm sure you do [;)] you are now on the list [bounce][bounce][bounce][heavy]
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 6:18:06 PM EDT
[#6]
As for the Glock being rated to fire underwater, I always thought that the civilian gun needed a different trigger plunger (perhaps more) to be used underwater.  As I understand, the gov't and LE gets the underwater capable version.  Can anyone clarify here??
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 6:46:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm sure the military(seals) might have a need for a weapon that fires underwater but is the regular Joe really concerned about his carry gun being able to shoot underwater? That fact with all the cons of the glock would deffinately NOT sway my thoughts on a purchase.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 6:54:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey, Signals!  go with the Sig -- then there will just be one more Glock for the rest of us.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 7:25:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Someone else brought up SIG's and the SEALS. No most people don't need this capablity. There is a retrofit kit, something about the striker channel. Underwater shooting raises the pressure more so than air firing the the "timing" on the 17 keeps the pressure from being excessive while still allowing the weapon to operate. No-one gets the kit without asking.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 1:05:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
As for the Glock being rated to fire underwater, I always thought that the civilian gun needed a different trigger plunger (perhaps more) to be used underwater.  As I understand, the gov't and LE gets the underwater capable version.  Can anyone clarify here??
View Quote
only the Glock17 can be fired underwater and it has to have Maritime Springcups, and yes civillians canget them.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 4:37:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Hmm, when it comes to wonder-nines, nobody ever mentions the biggest secret in excellent ones, the CZ-75.  But I guess that's why they're the biggest secret.  [whacko]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top