Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2001 10:58:52 PM EDT
"FOR protecting them, by a mock Trial, from Punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these
States:" - From the U.S. Declaration of Independence

HISTORY IS REPEATING ITSELF.

[url]seattlep-i.nwsource.com/local/27500_ruby14ww.shtml[/url]

Prosecutor declines to prosecute FBI sniper in Ruby
               Ridge case

Thursday, June 14, 2001

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

SPOKANE -- The FBI sniper who shot the wife of white separatist Randy
               Weaver at Ruby Ridge will not be tried in an Idaho courtroom for involuntary
               manslaughter, Boundary County, Idaho, Prosecutor Brett Benton said
               Thursday.

Last week, a sharply divided 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that FBI
               sniper Lon Horiuchi could face trial for the death of Vicki Weaver in the 1992
               standoff.

Benton issued his decision in a brief press release from his Bonners Ferry,
               Idaho, office. He gave no reason for his decision.

The involuntary manslaughter charge had been filed by Benton's predecessor,
               Denise Woodbury. She lost to Benton in last year's election.

Special Prosecutor Stephen Yagman, a Los Angeles attorney appointed by
               Woodbury to handle the case, said he did not take part in the decision to drop
               the charge.

"Were there to be a different prosecutor in Boundary County, the charge, or
               more severe charges such as second-degree murder, could be refiled,"
               Yagman said in the news release.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 11:05:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 6:23:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Is anyone really suprised?
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 6:28:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I am relieved!  This guy is a government employee and was only doing his job of protecting us!  Vicki Weaver was a dangerous person and he probably felt threatened.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 6:35:33 AM EDT
[#4]
[b]I am relieved! This guy is a government employee and was only doing his job of protecting us! Vicki Weaver was a dangerous person and he probably felt threatened.[/b]

Whatever! he's not an your side. if it was your
wife you would think different. this just say's
the Gov cannot be held liable for the death's of anyone.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 6:38:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Not surprising.  God forbid she may have thrown her pre-ban assault baby at an officer of the peace.  

What a bunch of BS.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 7:04:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
[b]I am relieved! This guy is a government employee and was only doing his job of protecting us! Vicki Weaver was a dangerous person and he probably felt threatened.[/b]

Whatever! he's not an your side. if it was your
wife you would think different. this just say's
the Gov cannot be held liable for the death's of anyone.
View Quote

Put down the crack pipe!  Can you spell SARCASM?
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 7:07:00 AM EDT
[#7]
[:D]
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 7:13:57 AM EDT
[#8]
So let me get this straight.....This guy kills one innocent in cold blood and gets off free.  McVeigh kills 168 innocents and dies because of it.  Yet we all support McVeigh dying and are pissed off that this guy goes free. So I ask what is the difference??  Is the number of people that are killed that matters or what??

sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 7:19:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So let me get this straight.....This guy kills one innocent in cold blood and gets off free.  McVeigh kills 168 innocents and dies because of it.  Yet we all support McVeigh dying and are pissed off that this guy goes free. So I ask what is the difference??  Is the number of people that are killed that matters or what??

sgtar15
View Quote

Difference is one guy killed with the  authority and blessing of our government. Who needs terrorists when our own government can kill us even better. If I didn't have so much to live for I would show Lon how it feels to be on the other side of the scope.

Link Posted: 6/15/2001 7:25:49 AM EDT
[#10]
No one can post Lon's address?  

With all the resources all of our users have here, no one can find his "file" and post pertinent info?

Payback is a bitch.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 7:25:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Bobby Vincent:
Difference is one guy killed with the  authority and blessing of our government. Who needs terrorists when our own government can kill us even better.
View Quote

And that is my point!!  We should be very afraid that this guy got off, because now every one of us can be a target and no one will be held accountable.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 5:24:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 9:38:59 AM EDT
[#13]
In the article I read in my local paper, the prosecuter said something to the effect of," we hope this will all be put behind us and begin the healing process." As can be evidenced on this thread, it's working. Let the healing begin.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 9:46:10 AM EDT
[#14]
The healing will begin as soon as Lons address and pertinent info is released to the patriot community.

A few weeks later, the healing should begin.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 9:48:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top