Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2001 9:27:02 PM EDT
carry permit? The situation would be picketing, possibly on private property.

I'd rather not get into the details of why I'm picketing because even tho we're all gun owners our politics seem to be a little different sometimes.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 9:42:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 9:47:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 9:50:15 PM EDT
[#3]
IT all depends on your local police wather they
want to be jerks! there the one's that gave you
the perment they can take it away just has well.

[left]Iam not an a atterney or anything but i had enough run ins with the police that don't do nothing stupid. the judge will allway's take the word of an officer over your's. there right your allway's wrong rather your right.[/left]

P.S. one more thing Public defender's are joke's cash talk's .
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 9:51:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Phil---No, will not carry while excercising my right of free speech and freedom of assembly.

Will not be carrying ID either.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 10:30:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Rainman, it depends on your local.  In my area if a crime occurrs and the suspect has a CCW we have to take it.  The case is reveiwed by the undersheriff.  It can be returned or revoked.  The usual scenereo is a local farmer or rancher drinks too much and gets stopped.  CCW is taken and depending on the circumstances it is often returned.  Any unlawful act of violence etc would of course result in revocation.

If you are involved in a lawful picket or assembly there is no reason for you to be arrested.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 11:42:44 PM EDT
[#6]
If he's picketing on private property and refuses to leave when the owners tell him to, he could very well get arrested.  Not carrying ID is stupid- you're more likely to get hauled in for pictures and fingerprints if you get popped for something.  In many states you will get your permit suspended until the case is adjudicated, if you are arrested for a crime.  In a right-to-carry state like Washington, you pretty much have to get convicted to have it permanently revoked.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 12:18:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 12:40:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Just to let you know someone  was turned down to get a carry permit because some girl filed a police report on me for putting her in a Locker. HE was 16 when he did it and was 25 when he applied for the permit. He told the gun board  only doing a stupid childish prank and why was it not taken off his record when he turned 18. The prosecutor told him that it was just a report not a conviction. So I would think twice before you even try something like that. When I waiting to get my permit a older gentleman about in his 50's was turned down because he had a argument with someone he got into a car accident with. The lady filled out the police report because she felt threatened by him. Now neither one of these case resulted in a conviction or an arrest but it did cost them getting a CCW just becuase thier names were on Police reports.

Six
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 12:42:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Translation: "If I stand up for what I believe in, will there be a conciquence? I really want to stand up like a man, but I don't want to face any potential conciquence that may alter my comfortable routine."

And these are the people who will throw away thier lives and jobs to fight the government when "they" come to get our guns....
Yeah.
My ass.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 8:09:41 AM EDT
[#10]
GrowingGrass----Go to Hell. Re-read my question before you post your reply. I didn't say anything about NOT doing what I believed in, just wanted to know the repercussions. Your entilted to your opinion, reguardless of how far off the mark you are.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 8:16:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Translation: "If I stand up for what I believe in, will there be a conciquence? I really want to stand up like a man, but I don't want to face any potential conciquence that may alter my comfortable routine."

And these are the people who will throw away thier lives and jobs to fight the government when "they" come to get our guns....
Yeah.
My ass.
View Quote

Grow up jackass.  Your english stinks, because your translation is all wrong.  I'd like to see what you'd do when they kick your door in.  Piss in your paints is my guess.

Good question, rainman.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 10:01:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Be careful, it could be a federal crime. If this is a clinic, and the feds take the case, you are looking at 18 USC 248. That may give you a civil fine, which means you can still own a gun.
A criminal conviction could be much worse. The law seems to divide the crime into two offenses, one non violent which would still let you own a gun (6 months), and one violent (one year or more) for repeat, when you may not be able to.
It all depends on how the court rules on the statute structure. Mean-while, you guns are ruined or lost, and you are in prison and poor, having spent all your money on a lawyer.They may even clump in the non-violent with everyhting else, and strip you of your gun rights on just that.

Consult with a good lawyer locally. Someone who was both in the state and fed office would be great. They can find out the real scoop on the local policies and rulings. It will cost. If you are in a big city count on much more than $1000, smaller place in the $1000ish range. You have to know, though, guns are too important to loose.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 10:11:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Consulting with a lawyer is definitely the best advice as mentioned above me ^

FWIW in Mass. - if one was arrested, but not convicted, the CoP could still deem you an unsuitable person and revoke your LTC or FID card.  Guess what?  You can't own guns anymore then...
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 10:25:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
GrowingGrass----Go to Hell. Re-read my question before you post your reply. I didn't say anything about NOT doing what I believed in, just wanted to know the repercussions. Your entilted to your opinion, reguardless of how far off the mark you are.
View Quote

Whatever. If you truly intended to do what you planned, regardless of what may come, then why do the conciquesces matter>

Your question was pretty much "Can I lose my license if I go picket"...

Say the answer is "YES"--If you intended to do it anyway, why did you have to ask the question iun the first place?

BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T PLAN TO JUST "DO IT ANYWAY!
Contrary to what you might claim, your interest in the potential conciquence was bourne from the fact that you wanted to gague whether or not it was worth standing up for your opinions, and that is lame as all hell.

What is it?
An Abortion clinic?
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 1:24:53 PM EDT
[#15]
GrowingGrass----I had already done it two days in a row before I asked the question.

The question could also be asked,"somebody slips into a parking spot that you've been waiting on for a couple of minutes, you get out and walk over to inform the jerk what he did and he starts yelling back and gets in your face, calls your family names etc. Do you break his nose without thinking of the consequences, or do you remember that you have a carry permit and may lose it permanately. Is it worth losing your gun rights forever"?

My picketing activities was associated with my union against a private company. The third day [today] we considered entering private property. There would have been no violence and we would have left if asked to.

As it turned out personal responsibilities kept me from attending todays activities, so, I guess for now its a moot point.

Oh, BTW, you don't have to go to hell.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 1:55:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Just think,
if anyone from your union makes an anonymous phone call with a threatening tone
you will probably be considered
a suspect and hauled in anyway.

Link Posted: 6/15/2001 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Dude, why didn't you just fess up.
Labor law is a whole different can of worms.
Just check with your union lawyer, as long as its a good target you should be fine.

Tell your lawyer what's up. Make sure the picket is a valid target. If you are doing unauthorized secondary actions, don't. Toe the line, it is more than wide enough in labor law.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top