Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2001 11:00:37 PM EDT
Just a little data collection here. Not sure about what the correlation might be.

How many guns do you own?

Are you married? Have a girl friend?

How long have you been married/together?

Is your gun collection getting: Larger? Smaller? Staying about the same?

Do you reload?

Belong to a gun club/range?

I'll go first . . .

Divorced after a very brief (read absurd) marriage. Gun collection has never been larger. I own ten handguns and a dozen rifles, a shotgun, couple air rifles. I reload what I can't buy cheaper as mil surp ammo. Don't belong to a range, but have an annual pass for a county operated range.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 11:09:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Just got married to a girl I had been dating for 2 Years.  Gun collection still growning but wasn't that big to begin with!  Made a dumb agreement that whatever I spent on guns she got in jewelry.  That is going to cost me a hell of a lot.  Don't belong to any range as there really aren't any good ones around (and we have a lot of public lands) and don't reload because I don't have the space in student apartments.  She actually kind of likes shooting and I expect the collection to continue growing (while her jewelry chest continues to grow).
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 11:19:05 PM EDT
[#2]
married almost 10 years, still buying guns- in fact I'm fixing to buy HER a Glock 27, I do some reloading, not a member at any ranges, shoot on my own land.

[sniper]

Link Posted: 6/13/2001 11:19:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I own a number of firearms, long arms and pistols.  Married for a month and counting.  Collection is growing, but slowly (we paid for the wedding).  Don't reload yet, but soon.  Both are members at a local club.  She owns a firearm of her own as well...you forgot to ask that one.  We try and go shooting together at least once every two months.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 11:37:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Wife and I do the guns/jewelry thing.  She was an anti when we met, tolerates them now.  Luckily she is the breadwinner as I am poor, and she just bought a tennis bracelet.  Oh wait, she just bought me a big safe.  Darn, I got to take her to more jewelry stores.  

My collection is modest to many here and definitely would have been bigger if I hadn't married, but now I have a beautiful wife, beautiful house, and other things that I would not have had without her.  Guns are great, but there is a little more to life.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 11:42:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I need a lot bigger gun safe than the one I presently own. Never been married. No G/Friend(Last one was THE origional psyco bitch from hell, no kidding!!!!). Gun collection? see my first answer. Reload? not yet. Don't belong,But go to several ranges in my area(okieshooter you lucky bastard[:D])
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 3:54:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I know nothing, I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I didn't do it...
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 5:26:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm divorced once but now married to another beauty for 10 years.Own 30 total,long guns+handguns+ a couple shotguns and am adding all the time if there is a good deal I'll buy it(But I wouldn't get a Kahr if they were giving them away).I shoot off my back porch and if my wife didn't like it,I would be looking for wife #3.I buy my ammo in bulk but do load on a Dillon super 1050 progressive press.The only calibers I load are .44 magnum,.41 mag,.357 mag,.454 Cas,.50AE,.300WM,.378weatherby mag,.270win,some .223,.308win.,.45ACP and .40 S+W
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 5:32:22 AM EDT
[#8]
about a dozen

yes

13 years

larger

no, not yet

yes
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 5:40:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Ok I am married for the 3rd time, lol the other two didn't like guns, Hahaha, no they were ...well never mind. We have been together 5 years, married 4. Let's count gun safes instead. I hand to buy her a HiPower,so she would give me back my 1911. Yes we reload, she thinks  we should get a Dillon. Life is good!
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 5:41:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:12:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I have been going out with the same girl for 2 years.  When we first started going out I owned 3 handguns.  Now I own 17 guns.  I used to tell her when I would make a purchase, but now I hide it cause she gets mad as hell!
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:27:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Married.......NO, not yet still have a bit of time on that
Girlfriend........damn, not currently
Firearms.......aaaaah, my savior

Firearms are a necessity, the rest will come with time.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:34:47 AM EDT
[#13]
More than I need, fewer than I want.

Married, 9years, two kids, boys!!

getting larger, room has been more of a hindrance than wife.

Love to reload, started reloading with my dad when I was 8.  Dies are usually my second purchase after the gun.

No, I should belong, but I just drive about 5 min. from my house, set up and shoot.
guns762
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:54:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Just got married after living together for several years.

Gun collection is a tad large, still growing.

I have a deal with the new wife, If I buy a gun, she can buy me jewelry.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:57:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Actually, I cut a similar deal -

For every new gun I buy, the wife can buy 3 pieces of lingerie.

[}:D]

Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:03:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

I think garandman is getting screwed![;)]
I think I need to renegotiate!
guns762
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:04:55 AM EDT
[#17]
I've been married 6 years.
I own more than 2 guns. [;)]
My collection is growing.
I don't reload.
I belong to two private clubs.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:11:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Not married yet
Have girlfriend.

My Gun collection got STARTED after I met g/f.
Her Gun collection got STARTED after I met g/f.

Both gun collections are growing nicely.

I reloaded until I move to AZ, no place to set it up yet. Best investment I ever made, paid for itself in ammo in about a year!!!  But I shot alot.

Am looking for a good gun club in phoenix area.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:13:30 AM EDT
[#19]
I own around 15 guns. I am divorced and I have no girlfriend. My gun collection is growing at the rate of a little better than one gun every other month. I don't belong to a shooting club or reload, but I am thinking about both. I was getting new guns like crazy before I was married. I only purchased two while I was with the ex-wife, this was over a couple of years. It was not the way that I wanted it by the way. I have picked right back up with the rate of gun purchase after she dropped me like it was nothing.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:25:11 AM EDT
[#20]
several
Married one year
Staying the same. I went on a binge before marriage in anticipation of cutbacks
Yes, I reload.
Yes, I belong to a club with a range.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:38:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Divorced after 10+ years of marriage.

While I was married there no handguns allowed in the house and all firearms were kept locked up.

Bought first handgun within 2 weeks of ex and her son moving out.

Now I own 7 handguns and more long guns than will fit in available locker space - 1 shotgun and about 23 rifles (lost count).

Collection is growing as budget permits.  Will be adding one handgun when I get my tax rebate.

I used to reload just like I used to make my own beer.  Lately have been too busy at work.

I belong to a range.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:11:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Married 3 years, I had to sell most of the collection to pay for the divorce and the child support is a killer (Dont get me started on the State of Texas and its BS Civil Laws!!!!). I own several weapons and enjoy all of them when I can find a place to shoot (you would think it would be easy in Texas, but its not).
I LOVE AR15's, AK's and Government Model .45's. My collection is slowly growing again and I reload (Dillon RL550B). Is there anyone around the DFW Metroplex that has land in the country and likes to shoot????????
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:35:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah...   But does she make YOU wear it ?  [}:D]

Actually  --  I am stuck with the 'ol jewelry deal like everyone else.  Tennis bracelet = 4 sigs, etc..
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:46:26 AM EDT
[#24]
OK here's my answers:

So many that truthfully I have lost count.  I have actually forgotten guns that I own.  About half are stored elsewere, so I can't just throw open the safe and do a quick count right now.  I'd have to dig through records, etc. and quite frankly I'm not going to bother.  "Several dozens" is good enough.

I am divorced with no girlfriend.  I also buy whatever the hell car/truck I want as well.

NA

Larger.  It's gone up and down, but for the last 6-7years it's only gotten bigger.  

I reload.  I find it cheaper to buy milsurp 9mm, .223, .308.  All other calibers I reload.  I own several reloading dies for caliber I don't even own or use...yet.

Yes, indoor and outdoor combine membership.  Unlimited visits, one-time charge, accompanied female friend free.

I don't believe there's a correlation.  Sure I have more freedom spending on only what I want, but when married/steady there's more important things to buy than guns.  It's just a matter of priorities.  Right now I'm trying to save for a car, so I have held-up buying anything new.

Ross

Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:47:56 AM EDT
[#25]
I never had nor currently have no womenz and I still only have a 10/22 and a .38.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 9:14:27 AM EDT
[#26]
A fair selection of guns. Running out of secure storage space.

Steady girlfriend for about 6 years. She took up shooting a couple years after we met and now she and "the girls" go to the free ladies day on Wed. at the local indoor range.

Collection nearly maxed out for the available secure storage space.Will grow slowly if I can squeeze just one more in.

Don't reload yet. Did a little in years past. Don't have enough time to shoot like I want to much less the time to reload. Saving up brass though.

Belong to The Garand Collectors Association and affiliate member of a local marksmanship association. Do most of my shooting on a friends farmland.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 9:24:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Started buying guns at age 14 (I'm 57 now). I own shotguns, rifles, pistols, & airguns. Lost track of how many of each.

Married for 32 years to same woman. Have known and loved her for 34 years.

I have been associated with the military (both active and reserve) for a total of 35 years.  This is what has financed my gun collection which is still growing.

Reload?  Absolutely. Been doing it for 27 years.  I load most all rifle and pistol calibers, but not shotgun.

Gun club?  Yes, until it got to expensive, EPA got involved and required bullet traps, so dues skyrocketed!  Now I hold an FFL and 2 business licenses and shoot at our range.

Guess that about covers it. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 9:39:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Number of Guns: Classified

Martital status: Married, No girl friend.

Together: 10 years

Gun collection: Growing

Hobbies: Reloading when ammo prices are high.

Affiliations : gun club membership and NRA

Link Posted: 6/14/2001 9:41:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Powderburns asked:

Just a little data collection here. Not sure about what the correlation might be.

How many guns do you own? [b]11[/b]

Are you married? Have a girl friend? [b]Married[/b]

How long have you been married/together? [b] 8 years - married for 6.[/b]

Is your gun collection getting: Larger? Smaller? Staying about the same? [b]Larger. I had 4 when we met[/b]

Do you reload? [b]Yes[/b]

Belong to a gun club/range? [b]Yes[/b]

My wife actually bought me my 5th gun, a Ruger 10/22.  That's what got me back into shooting actively.  Now I shoot IHMSA competition, and the last gun I bought (and that got me involved here) was a custom AR-15.

[sniper]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 11:19:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Been married 11 years next month, and my gun collection has more than doubled in that time.  She is great....doesn't complain about me buying guns and loves to shoot.  I don't reload at present.  I also don't belong to a club or range.  I am lucky enough to have land to shoot on as much as I want.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#31]
own a few
married 18 yrs
staying the same
yes reload dillon 550b
life member NRA
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 11:50:25 AM EDT
[#32]
1. Around 23
2. yes. No ( my wife would kill me )
3. Married one year, together about 5yrs
4. Bigger and better. Two incomes helps.
5. As soon as I get the shed built I will.
6. No. Where I live it's not needed.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 12:32:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 1:11:44 PM EDT
[#34]
650+ and don't you know gun-owner are loners? And don't even think of raiding my stronghold. Got IR and motion-sensor guarded perimeters, Johnny Bad Thoughts.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 1:23:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Why do want to know, do ya work for the Government!
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 1:54:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Married, 18 years.  I have 14.  My wife bought me the first before we were married.  YEEEEEHAAAA! (redneck mating call)
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 12:56:48 PM EDT
[#37]
In order of appearance
- 30+ ( I'd have to count )
- married ( no girlfriend so I guess happily )
- 17 years/ 19 years together
- About the same but I have high hopes
- no, not enough room ( I know, lame excuse )
- Off and on have belonged to various ones
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top