Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2001 6:39:07 PM EDT
I collect action figures and was looking at a site about the ToyFair in New York and came across this.
[img]www.action-figure.com/images/01/01/ermey.jpg[/img]
Finally a figure that inspires the average man to action and excites a new purpose in those that have lost their way. This figure not only features the likeness of Gunnery Sgt. R. Lee Ermey but also a one minute sound chip that barks his unique motivational advice. The figure comes with a saber, sheath and Drill Sgts. cover (hat). The Motivational Figure™ is packed in a full color box that features the Marine Sgts. Creed, Mr. Ermey's biography and filmography, and a certificate on the back with a space for Ermey's signature (if you are lucky enough to get one). Due to the sharp points and small pieces this toy contains as well as the blunt honesty of the sound chip, this toy is recommended for those 12 and older.
View Quote

Another company is making an action figure of Rudy (as Navy SEAL) from the first survivor.
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 6:51:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Reminds me of some of the scary (well, to a six-year old kid...) neighbours we use to have on army and air bases. Now, I'd be a lot more understanding, but, man, some of those guys with the steel wire bristle flattop haircuts and forehead wrinkles like sergeant's chevrons (stripes, I know....) were something I just never saw again after my dad retired from the USAF. They were and are unique- civilians just don't understand.

We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a
man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
- --WlNSTON CHURCHILL (1903)
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 8:12:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder what the sound chip says?
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 9:55:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know but I hope it's:

You are nothing but grabastic pieces of amphibian shlt!!

that would be cool
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 11:29:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Nah, there are kids here, supposedly.

I collect action figures and was looking at a site about the ToyFair in New York and came across this.
[img]www.action-figure.com/images/01/01/ermey.jpg[/img]
Finally a figure that inspires the average man to action and excites a new purpose in those that have lost their way. This figure not only features the likeness of Gunnery Sgt. R. Lee Ermey but also a one minute sound chip that barks his unique motivational advice. The figure comes with a saber, sheath and Drill Sgts. cover (hat). The Motivational Figure™ is packed in a full color box that features the Marine Sgts. Creed, Mr. Ermey's biography and filmography, and a certificate on the back with a space for Ermey's signature (if you are lucky enough to get one). Due to the sharp points and small pieces this toy contains as well as the blunt honesty of the sound chip, this toy is recommended for those 12 and older.
View Quote

Another company is making an action figure of Rudy (as Navy SEAL) from the first survivor.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#5]
My personal choice for what the figure would say is "He!! I like you!  You can come over to my house and F--- my sister!"

I love that movie!
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 11:37:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I would like to hear the figure give Ermey's very eloquent Chirstmas speech ("God has a hard on for Marines because we kill everything we see. He plays his games, and we play ours. In exchange for all this power we keep heaven packed with fresh souls! God was here before the Marine Corp, so you can give your hearts to Jesus, but your asses belong to the Corp!")
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 11:40:50 AM EDT
[#7]
"YOU WILL NOT LAUGH!"

"YOU WILL NOT CRY!"

"YOU WILL LEARN BY THE NUMBERS, I WILL TEACH YOU!"

I want one of these. where and how much? D.

www.azexarms.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top