Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2001 8:03:37 AM EDT
Timothy McVeigh in his arrogance...claiming to be the "captain of his soul" and bragging that he would "overcome" "adapt" the afterlife (childish borrowing from Clint Eastwoods portrayal of Gunnery Sergeant Tom Highway-in Heartbreak Ridge) was overcome by fear and perhaps guilt moments before the Federal Prison system administered his punishment for the murder of US citizens (some of whom were single parents and small children in daycare...little children to whom McVeigh refered to as "collateral damage"...McVeighs change of heart was interesting..he was a self discribed agnostic..who believed foolishly he would escape what ever punishment God ordained for him...He lived his life apart from his creator and disdained a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ who could have changed the bitterness held in his heart stewing for the years prior to killing the people in Ok City. Tim Mcviegh is a tortured soul in hell paying not for the murders he committed (his punishment for this was what Jesus called the "first death" but for his arrogance & rebellion refusal to acknowledge his creator and savior..to admit to himself and to God that he was a sinner with no hope for salvation outside of a life in Jesus Christ. Human beings are spirits encased for their material life on earth in flesh..at death the soul is relased and then exists in the realm of the spirit beings..humans (apart from Christ) are puny and helpless in this realm ..mere minnows among the white sharks of fallen angels now demons and devils..once given over to the forces of hell there is no hope no recourse...The bible claims all of this to be true...Many will join Tim Mcveigh in that aweful place..did Tim Mcveigh "steal home" at the last second through administration of the "last rights" I doubt it..the God I believe in will not be mocked..he honors sincere confessions of the heart..it sounds as though Tim McVeigh made no such statement and I do not believe that a sacrament saves man only confession and a repented heart
Tim McVeigh deserved to die..and that is mans judgement for his crime and rightfully so ...but does he deserve eternal damnation and torment..that is Gods providence and all of us must one day face the Lord who made us with the sins of our own lives.
[url]http://www.nypostonline.com/news/nationalnews/32403.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 6:07:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, 9Div, Timbo was the Captain of his Soul (whatever that is)....he cut off the appeal bullshit, and took his medicine. Aside from the Jesus stuff you are ranting, so what? If you believe it, good for you. As far as I am concerned, it's "I got a gun and you don't, on your knees Bitch", or, if we are in the EU, "Hmm, excuse me sir, but, we have outlawed all implements of destruction, but I still have one, because I am a bugsbunnyflopppyfoot trooper, and would you please not point that at me and hand it over? faggot?"....Don't get me wrong here, I am no Timbo supporter, he was a ratbastard cowardly killer. He caused colllateral damage when he didn't have to and knew it it would happen. He was a punk. My only complaint is that he went out like a dog at the pound, or a Boy In D Hood, High on Dope, don't feel nothing.....Timbo.....Should have Rode The Lightening To Hell.....
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:00:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I think he was engaging in some "Pascal's Wager" thinking. Synopsis: If you don't believe in God and you're wrong, you spend eternity in hell. On the other hand, if you confess and there is no God, all you're out is a few minutes of your time. Even if the probability of God existing is small, you're better off covering your bets. Pascal argued that even if this confession was insincere, by going through the motions one might eventually come to believe.

Of course, if McVeigh wasn't sincere in his contrition, he's still out of luck. One suspects he wasn't, but only the Big G knows that for sure. And even if he was, it probably still adds up to a looooong time in purgatory.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top