but 00 buck overall
Link Posted: 11/13/2004 11:27:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

So-called "tactical" No.4 buckshot

OK, gotcha.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/13/2004 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#4]
No like Troy pointed out its a good rabbit shot,or for murdering someone defensless!  If you have heavy cotten shirt and a leather jacket on and 00 buck you will most generally come out the winner in that fight!

Birdshot is birdshot!!!!    But given a raven .25acp and a golf club or birdshot the golf club would look pretty good!!

Bob
Link Posted: 11/13/2004 2:32:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No like Troy pointed out its a good rabbit shot,or for murdering someone defensless!  If you have heavy cotten shirt and a leather jacket on and 00 buck you will most generally come out the winner in that fight!

Birdshot is birdshot!!!!    But given a raven .25acp and a golf club or birdshot the golf club would look pretty good!!

Bob

Man I always love your posts
Link Posted: 11/13/2004 2:34:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I've shot many, many rounds of #8 birdshot thru my shotguns.  They're cheap & fun to blast targets with.    But to purposely load up the home defense shotty with it???  
Maybe if TSHTF & I've already expended all the other, more appropriate ammo.  All social shotguns in the RiffRandall household are stoked with #1 buckshot, & are the fallback reserve to the defensive carbine.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2004 3:51:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
someone should try making an intermediate shot size.  like .177 pellets or something.

Uh they do -- BB

Link Posted: 11/13/2004 4:03:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...it's the sound of the pump action that scares away intruders.

And I thought I was the only one tired of hearing that crap.

It works.

#8 shot is fine by me.  That fucker wont be getting back up after a few rounds of that.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 11/13/2004 4:15:57 PM EDT
[#9]
After the first twenty-five  (25) rounds of Shotgun BB loads then I'll maybe break out the 25 rounds of #8 birdshot

Those would be of course be after the .44 Magnum and .45 Long Colt rounds
Link Posted: 11/13/2004 7:51:36 PM EDT
[#10]
If you were being malicious and didn't  intend to kill the intruder, #8 bird is pretty nasty.  Going to leave a pretty nasty wound that is hard to fix, what with all the tiny shot going every which way. And if you com'd somebody at about 10 feet while the shot column is more or less still in the wad, that is going to do them no good, probably about a 50% kill probability.

But you can't guarantee a stop.  And in home defense you want a stop.  Anything from about a 4 and larger your pKill goes way up.  

Would I use it? only if I had nothing else and I would follow-up with several shots, I'ld probably go for a blinding shot to the face.   Would a leather jacket stop #8 shot, tight shot pattern? probably not, but would keep it from prentrating to any  majopr blood vessel, the heart or nervous system component.  Get more than about 15 feet and it may stop  the shot as it starts to spread.

Link Posted: 11/13/2004 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Shotgun shells loaded with dimes.. Like in the old west..

Link Posted: 11/13/2004 11:01:32 PM EDT
[#12]
#8shot for sure.
Or you could yell alot and threaten to call the cops.
I keep a .45 in every room, a .38 in the front rooms for my wife, a 590 in the master bath, and a carbine in the bedroom.
Link Posted: 11/13/2004 11:23:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Anybody ever shot a shotgun inside a house with no hearing protection? I have to believe that the sound would be as bad as the shot.

CW
Link Posted: 11/13/2004 11:34:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If I were being attacked by birds, I would go for bird shot.

CW
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top