Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2001 10:40:12 PM EDT
I'm going to go to my first IDPA shoot this Wednesday.  At first I wanted to just come and watch and see how it goes but I'm thinking about coming prepared to shoot just in case I want to.  I have already geared myself to realize that I probably will be outshot by most of the folks there.  Any advice on what I can expect, what equipment I will need, etc would be appreciated.  
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 11:28:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Take your stuff, you'll end up shooting anyway. I ended up agreeing to shoot when Mike Dalton, IDPA Master, instructor and hell of a nice guy offered to shoot with me.

You'll find people with all skill levels shooting and the only way to truly embarrass yourself is to break the safety rules.

You'll need a handgun (!), holster, something to conceal them (jacket, big shirt, vest,) and should have at least two Mag holders. There are some rules as to what you can carry but they will probably be fairly lax for your first shoot. Think basic, not IPSC.

Here's the National site:
http://www.idpa.com/index.htm

You're gonna have fun and you won't come in last. It's a great learning experience.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top