Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2001 2:59:14 PM EDT
I order a case of IMI m855 from Wideners on Thursday the 31 of last month. they sent me an e-mail after I ordered the ammo saying it was instock.  They didn't charge my credit card until the next Tuesday so I figure they must have shipped it that day. Here it is Monday the 11th no ammo. I only live one state over so I called them up to see what was going on with my order.  The lady on the phone said they just shipped it last Friday so I asked why my credit card was charge on that Tuesday, she took an attitude and said" we charge the credit card the day of the order not when  shipped!" That kind of pissed me off on the altitude she took and how long I have to what when it is only 8hr drive from here. anybody else have a problem with them?
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Never had a problem with them.

Actually, once I ordered some ammo cans over the net and they called me up to tell me how expensive the shipping will be (almost as much as the cans).  I declined the order and thanked him.

Link Posted: 6/11/2001 3:10:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 3:19:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 3:21:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Been buying bulk powder and bullets from them for quite a few years.I have an order in with them now.Ordered 1 1/2 week ago.They appear to be behind a week on orders.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 3:24:33 PM EDT
[#5]
they must just not like me I guess.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 3:29:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I've ordered lots of reloading components from Wideners. Always get my stuff within 5 working days and the one time the shipping box was broken open and 30 cal bullets were all over the floor of the BBT(big brown truck) the order was replaced post haste.

I'm very satisfied with my dealings with Wideners.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 4:10:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I've never ordered from them but I've been to their store and found them to be a great company in terms of helping the customer.  I basically went there to get a whole mess of cleaning and reloading supplies as well as some accessories for a new AR.  The guys there were eager to help and they even cut me a discount for the quantity of stuff I bought.  Great people.

Not that this has anything to do with ordering, just wanted to get my 100th post!  [smoke]

ques
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 5:37:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I ordered the same thing about 3 days before you placed your order. It took about a week and a half to get here. I think the holiday weekend put them behind.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 7:09:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Nope, never had a problem  them,  In fact just the oposite.  Good service and products as advertised.  Bought my Chrony from them and they had the best price (bar none) and no S&H on it.

They are one of the places I go first.  [:)]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 12:41:41 AM EDT
[#10]
I ordered 2 cases of IMI M193 and 1 case of IMI M855 on May 25th and it arrived today (Monday). My experience is they get the stuff to you, but just not as fast as Ammoman, Cole's, etc.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 6:10:01 AM EDT
[#11]
No problem ever and most of the time prices are real competive
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 2:06:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I got the ammo today. The stuff must be old stock. I open 5 boxes and put them on strippers and notice most of the cases were tarnish with spots and about 4 out of 10 rds have dents in the shoulders but look like they will still shoot. I guess this is old stock ammo they were cleaning out for new stuff. I am happy with it but not happy for the 13 day wait when I only live a state over.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 2:27:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I have ordered alot from them. Only problem is someone keeps stealing my catalogs. They have been great and sent the back order with no charge for additional postage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top