Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2001 10:30:10 AM EDT
How many Rush Limbaugh listeners are lurking here?
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 10:34:09 AM EDT
[#1]
rush rocks
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 10:35:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How many Rush Limbaugh listeners are lurking here?
View Quote

Nah, he's too far left
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 10:57:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Listen, every chance I get. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 11:03:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 11:04:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Rush Rules
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 11:11:52 AM EDT
[#6]
His ego gets in the way sometimes, but I like to listen to him. I get info there that I usually would not otherwise get. hard to make informed decisions without all the info.

Aviator [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 11:12:46 AM EDT
[#7]
No, I do not like radio shows about football.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 11:15:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I noticed the other day that there was quite a bit of Rush bashing going on at ak47.net. I was going to get into it with them, but then I remembered what web site I was on...
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 11:21:01 AM EDT
[#9]
RUSH RULES!!!!!!!

untill about 18 months ago, I loved Rush but I held back some love because he didnt analyze the anti gun people, and didnt seem to use the pro gun/pro freedom stance as effectively as he could have. But now it is not uncommon to hear him take our side, to call out the anti gun idiots for what they really are. So Rush has seen the light (someone took him duck hunting a few years back--that probably helped) and now RUSH IS THE MAN!!

Link Posted: 6/11/2001 11:21:18 AM EDT
[#10]
I love the Rush Limbaugh show.  I listen every chance I get. I've been listening to him ever since I was in middle school.  I started because I saw his TV show.  Now that was a good TV show!

A lot of people don't understand his radio “shtick” and think he is egotistical.  He really is not; it's just his act that he does on the radio.  It's meant to be taken as humorous.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 11:22:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
No, I do not like radio shows about football.
View Quote

I listen to him almost every day, and I haven't heard a word about football since football season. Even is he does talk about it from time to time, big deal.

Quoted:
His ego gets in the way sometimes, but I like to listen to him. I get info there that I usually would not otherwise get. hard to make informed decisions without all the info.

Aviator  
View Quote

THATS exactly why I love Rush so much. There is NO WAY better to get to your enemy, inflating your ego to the point where it pisses people off!
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 11:23:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Rush is not a gun fanatic like we are.  He does have the same political/moral beliefs concerning guns that most of us do.  He just isn't as passionate about it as we are.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 11:24:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Good point, I did not think of that  [:)]

Aviator
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 11:24:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
RUSH RULES!!!!!!!

untill about 18 months ago, I loved Rush but I held back some love because he didnt analyze the anti gun people, and didnt seem to use the pro gun/pro freedom stance as effectively as he could have. But now it is not uncommon to hear him take our side, to call out the anti gun idiots for what they really are. So Rush has seen the light (someone took him duck hunting a few years back--that probably helped) and now RUSH IS THE MAN!!

View Quote

And he just ripped into the anti's again today!
[uzi] [xx(]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 11:27:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Yep.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 11:31:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 11:32:24 AM EDT
[#17]
I tought Rush has given speech(s) at NRA meetings.  

He may not a a fanatic but he sure does support our cause.

I listen every chance I get but mostly on the net.

Link Posted: 6/11/2001 11:43:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Other good talk radio:

Neil Boortz (Libertarian) [url]www.boortz.com[/url]

Sean Hannity (Rep.) [url]www.hannity.com[/url]

Mike Galligher (Rep.) [url]www.mikeonline.com[/url]

You can listen to all of them online. Sean Hannity's online broadcast is down for the moment though.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 11:47:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Of course I listen to Rush.  I even tape him for replay later when I'm in Court and can't listen to his show live.

There is no one on the Left even remotely like him. And believe me, they've tried to put some Leftists on to counter Rush.

Rush's favorite saying regarding gun control is this:

[size=3][b]If the Liberals read the Second Amendment the way they read the First, gun ownership would be mandatory![/b][/size=3]

Eric The(Dittohead)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 11:50:48 AM EDT
[#20]
I've been listening to Rush, when I can, since 1991.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 12:01:57 PM EDT
[#21]
I like Rush a lot but I live in Northern Virginia and we get G. Gordon Liddy here on FM.  I like him a little better.  He is a lot more pro-gun and frequently talks about Mrs. Liddy's gun collection and training and tactics for using them.  Some times I get tired of Rush because he is a little too cerebral.  Liddy is a little more rough around the edges and outspoken.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 12:14:42 PM EDT
[#22]
My license plate reads "DITTOHD".  Kind of explains it all.

Dittohd

PS Coincidentally, I was once studio member of his tv show.  That was an interesting 30 minutes.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 12:20:12 PM EDT
[#23]
I listen to the Ma-Ha-Rushnee every chance I get, though I have to agree with Arc Angel - Liddy is that much better from us shooters' point of view. [beer]

Unfortunately, here in Cleveland, the only station which aired him, took him off (about 2 years ago I think) in favor of a local guy. The new guy is a conservative, and has expressed a pro-gun stance, but he's just not the same as the G-Man.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Arc Angel:
we get G. Gordon Liddy here on FM.  I like him a little better.  He is a lot more pro-gun and frequently talks about Mrs. Liddy's gun collection and training and tactics for using them.  Some times I get tired of Rush because he is a little too cerebral.  Liddy is a little more rough around the edges and outspoken.
View Quote

Same here. Just brought the G-Man back in the area [:D] Problem is the show's overlap by an hour [:(] So for one hour, I am doing the radio button tap-dance [;)]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 2:42:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 2:49:21 PM EDT
[#26]
I like Rush a lot but I live in Northern Virginia and we get G. Gordon Liddy here on FM
View Quote

Same, unfortunately the shows overlap. I usually listen to the first two of Liddy and the last two of rush.  Or as AR308and223 said, do the radio button tap dance if they are both talking about interesting subjects. I wish I could get Hannity so I would have something to listen to after 1500est.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 2:52:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 4:41:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 5:08:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 5:12:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Ditto Ditto Ditto

listen everyday...

And Frank,
He broadcasts from NYC.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Ditto Ditto Ditto

listen everyday...

And Frank,
He broadcasts from NYC.
View Quote

He also will broadcast from Florida.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#32]
RUSH SUCKS......the wind right out of liberals' arguments! My boss is a dittohead so no problem listening on the job. I can only fault Rush for one consistent error, which he repeated again today. O.J.'s not guilty verdict had nothing to do with jury nullification. The Rushman has yet to learn what a valuable tool nullification can be; particularly when it comes to saving the 2nd amendment. [url]http://civilliberty.about.com/newsissues/civilliberty/cs/jurynullification/[/url]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 6:27:27 PM EDT
[#33]
There are two dittoheads in this house.  We think he's great.  Only one of us had the opportunity to listen to the show today.
Rush was talking about the proposed Patient's Bill of Rights and the $500,000 cap on punitive damages.  I understood him to say that he thought a lot of pro-gun people wouldn't hesitate to sue their HMO.  I don't know why he said that.  I don't think that is true.
We both believe very strongly in personal responsibility and that individuals ought to be accountable for the actions (you don't punish a whole group of people for the stupid actions of a few).  We can't belive the recent CA tobacco  verdict where the jury awarded one man 3 billion dollars in punitive damages.  You can't tell me that the man didn't know the dangers of smoking for 40 years.  Heavens, cigarettes were called coffin nails when my father (now 78) was a teenager.
Did anyone else hear that comment today ?
Mrs. Tricky Vic

Link Posted: 6/11/2001 6:52:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Yep, I heard that about the prk  smoking verdict. It doesn't stand a chance of being upheld in the appeals court in my opinion. I'll be hanging onto what little Philip Morris stock I've got! It's hard to beat the 10% dividend.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 7:02:46 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm a Rush fan from many years back (80s in PRK.
)  I like him and rarely miss.  Read the Limbaugh Newsletter each month, too.  And, I  listen to "THE G-Man" almost every day: and at night while I am reloading, I listen the the very independant Michael Regan.

Also like Sean Hannity when he fills in for Rush.  So dittos to everyone out there.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 11:26:56 PM EDT
[#36]
[beer][beer]Rush does his homework and gets it right the first time,and that is why the left leaning liberal bastards hate and fear him so much.[spank][spank]This is what the libs feel feel every time his show airs.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 11:31:59 PM EDT
[#37]
WoHo My 26th post. I'm a member,I'm a member!!

[sleep]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 12:40:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Used to listen to Rush from time to time, but I work evenings so I'm not up when he's on anymore. Here in Ohio I like to listen to "the Big One" 700 AM WLW. Generally conservative and pro-gun(but not passionately). Love catching Bill Bowsheers and his "Psi Zone" show when I can.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 4:57:34 AM EDT
[#39]
check out this link-- Rush gets the antigun people as well as we do!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_061101/content/right.guest.html

just cut and paste, i am an idiot and dont know how to make a hyperlink!
sd
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 5:30:03 AM EDT
[#40]
I listen all the time. Great show, but he's a little moderate for me. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 6:15:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
check out this link-- Rush gets the antigun people as well as we do!

[url]http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_061101/content/right.guest.html[/url]

just cut and paste, i am an idiot and dont know how to make a hyperlink!
sd
View Quote

Surround the link with  url and /url with the brackets around both [][/].  Hope that makes sence.

Edited because I am an idiot and can not show how to display a link. [:(]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:46:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Frank, NYC area his affiliate is 770AM WABC - great station. 12-3 weekdays.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 10:54:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 12:14:15 PM EDT
[#44]
anothergene .... never heard of her, but I'll try to catch her tomorrow afternoon like you suggest. I'm on afternoon shift this week, so hopefully its early afternoon.  And thanks!

[:)]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 2:15:40 PM EDT
[#45]
PROUD MEMBER OF PHI BETA DITTO!

I'll tell you what: If it wasn't for Rush and (to a lesser extent) Dr. Laura, I'd go nuckin futs down here in South Florida. No G-Man, no Sean Hannity, no nothin'. Just some extremist liberal bitch who does her pathetic best over four hours to try and be 1/10th as good as the WORST conservative host.

If anyone can explain to me why I can't get Real Player to work on my PC so I can listen to Sean Hannity, I'd really appreciate it! I always get a message saying that the site can't be found! AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

Dittos, everybody!

[beer]

-BK
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#46]
I like Rush a lot but I live in Northern Virginia and we get G. Gordon Liddy here on FM.  I like him a little better.  He is a lot more pro-gun and frequently talks about Mrs. Liddy's gun collection and training and tactics .
View Quote

AND Liddy wanted us to vote for McCain---
  NOT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top