Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2001 9:14:29 AM EDT
I was at the range on Saturday, and a guy next to me had a Bushy 20" with A2 sights.  Your basic setup.  Just a side note, his WIFE wanted it in the first place.  Anyway, I had talked to him about how it was on noise, and that I'd like to take a listen while it was being shot.  Well, later he was letting the people on the other side of him try out a few rounds.  Then, he asked me if I wanted to shoot it.  I did.  My impression:

First, it seemed louder standing behind the shooter, or when I was in my booth.  However, it wasn't quite as loud when I shot it.  My vantage point.  Anyway, the recoil is definitely less than the AK-47.  Not sure how I did as far as my groups (I shot 4 rounds), becuase the target was at 50 yrds, it was open sights, and a few other people had taken shots before me.  It was a nice shooting rifle though!

I can't wait until mine is all together!  
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 9:19:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 9:32:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 9:40:02 AM EDT
[#3]
What?  No comment on the "Boinggg" noise?  :-).  That's usually the first thing someone mentions.  

Happy shooting.  You have crossed over to the AR side.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 9:40:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 9:58:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Speaking of which, is that Boiiiing noise normal?
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 10:50:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Speaking of which, is that Boiiiing noise normal?
View Quote

Yes, but can be quieted down by using grease in the spring tube.
[smoke] NOT!!
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 10:52:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I have heard of people speak of the "boing" noise, but to be honest, I didn't notice it at all.  What I did get the impression of was the type of recoil.  It really didn't see that 'snappy'.  Not like the AK.  I'm looking foward to when my is together now.  It's going to be for accurate target shooting.  I already have the AK for doing a lot of shooting at one time.  

One thing that did impress me was how fast the bullet went down range.  It didn't take long for the dirt to get kicked up on the hill (just over 100 yrds) after the shot went off.  Of course, I was shooting my Hi Point 995, and my Ruger 10/22.  Obviously not nearly as fast.  

Link Posted: 6/11/2001 11:03:55 AM EDT
[#8]
cool........... bullet racing!!

[pistol]
[sniper]

Nuckles.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 11:42:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 12:03:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I noticed yesterday that I could hear the buffer and spring move inside the stock.  But only when I had it up to my cheek.  I couldnt hear it when I let my Dad shoot a few out of it.

You can really feel a concussion if you arent standing directly behind it like the shooter, and mine has a plain crowned barrel.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top