Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2001 5:19:41 PM EDT
It is the one with Willem Dafoe in it. This movie was pretty good. However, due to the theme of the movie, it is [b]BANNED[/b] in the USA.

You can get it online though.

BTW, it was banned due to a Vigilante theme.
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 5:27:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Banned in USA?  I rented it last year at Blockbuster.  I went to rent it a couple of days ago to show my sister-in-law, but it was already rented (box was there, but no tape).

Anyway, Defoe is great as the detective in the movie.  Any movie with Ron Jeremy in it must have some redeeming qualities :)
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 5:27:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Banned??? I seriously doubt that!  Then I guess they are gonna "ban" Gladiator, The Patriot, and Bravehart also.  Since they all advocate overthrowing the government. A quick search at Amazon finds that movie available on DVD for $23.49.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 2:38:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Awesome awesome movie.  It's one of those movies where the bad guys are good guys.  They go around killing and robbing bad guys. Highly recomend it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 4:00:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Great movie!
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 4:38:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard that you can only get it on DVD. Is that right?
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 5:36:12 AM EDT
[#6]
That is incorrect as I have a VHS copy of it (it does say blockbuster on it however [:D] )

Excellent Movie!
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 5:41:02 AM EDT
[#7]
It is not banned in the U.S.  I have seen it at Blockbuster also.  It is an awesome movie!  I recommend it!  The old bartender guy makes me laugh my a$$ off!
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 5:56:32 AM EDT
[#8]
It rocks. I know this because I rented it at Blockbuster.

FMCDH
Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 6:47:08 AM EDT
[#9]
FS:

1 VHS Copy of "Boondock Saints".

Definitely "Pre-ban".

For the low price of $799.00

Just kidding--I have a copy I bought used from Blockbuster (for 1% of the above price).  Good flick--the gunplay isn't real realistic, but a good movie none the less.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 10:11:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I liked the fact that their entire point was annihlating the bad guys!
[kill]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 11:34:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I also bought a copy at Blockbuster and it's a great movie...though when it first came out I watched it as a "new release."  Then when blockbuster was selling them I bought one and it was EDITED.  I swear that there were some bloody scenes cut out of it, especially where they shot all those Russians in the hotel.  The first film that I saw it took about 5 minutes for that scene, a lot of it was in slow motion.  In the movie I bought they fall out of the ceiling, see them shooting a second and everyone is dead.  Maybe that was what was banned???  
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 11:50:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah , I guess the edited version is still available. I got the real deal on DVD. I like the Irish music too.

Too bad Willem Dafoe played a Homo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top