Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2001 7:20:16 PM EDT
Sometimes the question not asked is the more important. How many times have we seen some variation of "What will you do when they show up to take your guns?"
Perhaps more telling is the question, "What will you do when they show up to take your NEIGHBORS guns?"
Will you watch, relieved that they came to get somebody else, that the next trooper caught the bullet? Or will you get your gun and step in to protect a fellow citizen, knowing that it will probably cost you your life?, that you will be eviscerated in the "press" as some kind of lunatic/gun nut/right winger/racist?
Think long and hard about this, this will be the most important decision in your life, and the most important decision for the country as well. I hope that I would do the right thing, but the right thing is always the hardest choice.
"In unity there is strength"
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#1]
thought provoking
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 7:38:10 PM EDT
[#2]
That is exactly the time to go to "Plan A" while I am contemplating "Plan B". Always have a plan and a backup plan, whatever that plan may be for each individual(and they will most certainly be different for each individual). Best to all of you freedom lovers!
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 7:50:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the liberal's will take our guns from
us by taking one persons guns at a time. When
a trooper shows up at the door he's just doing
his job. So they say. It's going to be tough
to defend someone else's interest when neighbors
really don't know each other.
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 11:46:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#5]
If you hide, that gives them time to kill your neighbor.

There are more of us than them, we should all remember that.  If enough of them go down maybe the individual officers will realize that collecting guns = death.

Disclaimer: I am not advocating killing anyone federal officer or otherwise, this is for entertainment only.
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 12:54:07 PM EDT
[#6]
They better start at my house an not by knocking on the door cause things are going to get messy.
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
"What will you do when they show up to take your NEIGHBORS guns?"
Will you watch, relieved that they came to get somebody else...
View Quote

YUP!
13 years ago my neighbor
tried to shoot my brother
as he drove past his house which
happens to be on the end of the dead end road where
we lived.
15 years prior to this
the entire neighborhood (well 4 families) had to be evacuated after he ran off into the woods with a handgun to avoid the police
who arrived after he threatened to kill another neighbor.
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 1:51:25 PM EDT
[#8]
It's patently obvious what we are going to do. We are going to roll over and say "go ahead", 'cause we have already done it.  They've already come for our neighbors guns time and time again, or hasn't anyone been paying attention?  

Kalifornians are whining about how to stay "legal" to unconstitutional laws instead of fighting back.  The list of gun confiscation laws goes on and on ad naseum, but nobody listens and nobody cares.

These endless and stupid debates about "what we are going to do when they come for your guns" only placate the ones who are feeble minded and unable to chart a course of action NOW when it really counts.

I doubt very much that any mass gun confiscation will ever occur.  Heresy?  I don't think so.  Incrementalism is best, demonize only a few at a time and we all stand around bitching and complaining as we are stripped of our rights to own certain weapons.  Try and take them all away all at once and we just might (maybe) rise up and throw the yoke of our oppressers off of us, but they don't want that, so they keep chipping away, inch by inch, law by law, rule and regulation by rule and regulation until we are so damned burdened with stupid and asinine laws we cry for relief.

The remedy we seek?  Instead of acknowledging our God given right to keep and bear arms, we seek to comply with this onerous burden we have allowed ourselves to be saddled with!  This is the height of stupidity.  We deserve what we get because we neither love freedom or cherish our liberties that were handed down to us from our forefathers.  Either we get off of our asses and throw off our oppressers or we all ought just quit complaining and just bend over and take it, because it sure ain't going to stop.

RANT OFF
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 4:14:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's patently obvious what we are going to do. We are going to roll over and say "go ahead", 'cause we have already done it.  They've already come for our neighbors guns time and time again, or hasn't anyone been paying attention?  

Kalifornians are whining about how to stay "legal" to unconstitutional laws instead of fighting back.  The list of gun confiscation laws goes on and on ad naseum, but nobody listens and nobody cares.

These endless and stupid debates about "what we are going to do when they come for your guns" only placate the ones who are feeble minded and unable to chart a course of action NOW when it really counts.

I doubt very much that any mass gun confiscation will ever occur.  Heresy?  I don't think so.  Incrementalism is best, demonize only a few at a time and we all stand around bitching and complaining as we are stripped of our rights to own certain weapons.  Try and take them all away all at once and we just might (maybe) rise up and throw the yoke of our oppressers off of us, but they don't want that, so they keep chipping away, inch by inch, law by law, rule and regulation by rule and regulation until we are so damned burdened with stupid and asinine laws we cry for relief.

The remedy we seek?  Instead of acknowledging our God given right to keep and bear arms, we seek to comply with this onerous burden we have allowed ourselves to be saddled with!  This is the height of stupidity.  We deserve what we get because we neither love freedom or cherish our liberties that were handed down to us from our forefathers.  Either we get off of our asses and throw off our oppressers or we all ought just quit complaining and just bend over and take it, because it sure ain't going to stop.

RANT OFF
View Quote

He's right, the incremental approach is working, although not as well as it once did.  Door to door confiscations?  Lock & load.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top