Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2001 4:56:44 PM EDT
Is it possible, to put an AR10 upper on an AR15 lower?

What about an Armalite .243 upper?

Would it damage the lower with the pressure/recoil?
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 4:58:59 PM EDT
[#1]
No, the AR10 lower is bigger.

OSA
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 5:02:17 PM EDT
[#2]
[img]www.watsonsweapons.com/images/boss.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
[img]www.watsonsweapons.com/images/boss.jpg[/img]
View Quote

I've always wanted a .22 LR dedicated upper..

(gotta get ar first, lol)
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#5]
My post was adressing more of the "can the receiver take it?" part of the question.  How you get the big bullet thingies in the mag well is another issue all together [:D]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#6]
That is an impressive setup.  It boarders on a crew-serve-weapon.  How well is the receiver taking it?  I assume that it is a forged aluminum lower.  Stainless would be much stronger for this use.

OSA
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 5:28:56 PM EDT
[#7]
That ain't my gun but I may buy one.  It's a .50 BMG upper made by Watsons Weapons.  It will fit any standard AR lower.  They say no damage will occur to your lower.  They use the DPMS stainless upper receiver to build the .50BMG complete upper.  Go to that site and read about it.  It's pretty impressive.  www.watsonsweapons.com
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 5:49:47 PM EDT
[#8]
NO!  Mag wells are different and AR10 lower and AR15 lower are not the same size.

If you have the uppers, just buy an Eagle Arms AR10 lower.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top