Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2001 2:06:12 PM EDT
Okay, I know I'm not crazy... I saw this on gunsamerica last night, but it's gone today... a Kimber 1911 called the Eclipse II... It looked like the gun was made of stainless steel, but it was like the stainless was blued, and then cleaned off, only leaving the black in the grooves on the slide... kinda hard to describe, but it looked amazing... but... has anyone else ever heard of this.. the ad had it for $1,041, and said that it was very new, I called my local Kimber dealer, they hadn't heard of it, and it's not on Kimber's site... please tell me that I'm not off my gourd, and that this work of art really is out there... Oh, the words Eclipse II were etched into the slide in the same fashion as all Kimber 1911s..
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 2:11:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Was it a factory gun or sombody elses modification?
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 2:19:53 PM EDT
[#2]
You're not crazy LW, I too have seen the Eclipse! you have pretty much described it to a T, if you look at the picture of the Stainless Gold Match only picture the bead blasted portions of the pistol as black you would have it. The one I saw was being transferred through a dealer to a Kimber employee here in Montana. They did'nt know a lot about the details but apparently Kimber was looking for dealer interest so I would imagine you'll see it introduced soon.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 3:43:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh goody! I'm currently saving for a new Kimber, I wanted a top of the line one, but this one just blew my mind.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top