Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 6/9/2001 9:15:13 AM EDT
If you set up a server how would you get paid by just getting traffic on your server and if so who would pay you? would you have to absorb the cost of a T1 line and the running of the server! I have notice like this board i was wondering how can anyone afford to run Example 2 to 3K a month(This cost is just an example).
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 9:33:36 AM EDT
It used to be fairly easy to get advertisers to pay for banner ads and/or other advertising references. Times have changed drastically. Unless you have a very niche market site, it is very hard to recoup the $$ investment that you have to make for : hardware / software / bandwidth. Depending upon where you are physically located and who you choose as a provider, bandwidth can be quite expensive. For example: In NJ, a UU.net T1 (1.54mbps) connection (with local loop) costs an average of $1400-1600/month. Add a shadow T1 or shadow ISDN for redundency and the cost jumps to aprox $2200/month. Depending upon the bandwidth requirements of your site, a single T1 might not even be enough to support the traffic. (add the cost of routers, firewall, servers and other hardware for your infrastructure and you've got a big nut to crack... ) AR15.com stays available to us due to the generosity of the Avila's who, I am quite certain, pay a SHITLOAD OF $$ to keep this site up!
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 12:22:31 PM EDT
thanks iam looking for business opertunities.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 2:01:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MG_ME: thanks iam looking for business opertunities.
View Quote
Drop me a note if I can be of any assistance. I'll help you out w/information in any way that I can at no charge. rbad@McUZI.com
Top Top