Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2001 5:08:39 PM EDT
It's one helluva purty shotgun, just wondering if anybody has the scoop on the things.

If it is legal are all of the configurations legal or is the collapsing stock a restricted item?

But I like the fact that it has the rail mounted to the receiver along with iron sights, I like the M4 more than the M1 practical.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Good question. If it is legal, it won't be for long. I actually bought my M3 S90 when I used to live there, because SB23 supposedly outlawed those too (and the M1, and the 1187, and the SPAS12, well you get the idea). The collapsible will not be legal anywhere, because of magazine capacity and the pistol grip. If you replace this with a standard stock, it might be OK. Again, assuming you could even get it into Kalifornia.

This is not meant to offend you, I truly feel for you guys still in CA. Happy hunting, havoc.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 5:24:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about Kali, my guess is a big NO.

But for the rest of the 'free' country, the M4 will come in a neutered version.

And 'assault' shotgun is a semi auto with more than one of the following features:  PG stock, 5 round mag, detach. mag, folding/collasping stock.

Since the M4 is a semi, it will come with a standard PG fixed stock and 5 round cap., or a non-PG stock and a 'high' cap. tube.  Since a M4 coll. stock, is capable of collasping AND has a PG, it counts as TWO evil features and is a big no-no.

I'm still trying to find out if the M4 stock will work on a preban M1.  I'm sure the answer is yes, but I doubt Benelli will market the stock by itself, so I'll have to find a dealer to get me one.

The M4 will not be available to civies for a LONG time.  My guess is 1-2 years due to military contracts.

If you like the picatinny rail, look into the HK/Fabarms line of shotguns.  The FP6 is a pump gun with the rail, and the semi auto version is due out soon.  I have one on order...

Or you can add a rail to an M1, but I've yet to do that myself.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 5:26:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, the 1994 BradyBill crap had me worried about the collapsable stock.   I'd sure like to have that set up though, it's almost CAR-15 like and I didn't know if the regulation was only for semiauto shotguns with sidefolding stocks, top folding stocks, collapsing stocks, or if it covered all variants.

But allow me to say something hear,

sonuvabitch

And as for adding a rail to a Benelli of my choice, the aluminum receiver scares me enough as it is so that I'd only toy with it on a factory shotgun.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 6:16:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

And as for adding a rail to a Benelli of my choice, the aluminum receiver scares me enough as it is so that I'd only toy with it on a factory shotgun.
View Quote

It's been done, with success I believe, but I'm with you there too.  Hell, I had all kinds of feed problems when I put the sidesaddle on, and don't let me get into the pro-porting either...

Another solution is a company is making a stainless steel receiver for the M1s, I believe it already comes with a pic. rail on it.  Company is [url]www.surecycle.com[/url].

Don't believe it is availible yet, but I already see two problems with this:  First, it is a new receiver, so technically it would have to be registered, shipped to FFL, etc.
Second, that would turn a preban M1 into a postban...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top